Please, feel free to crit.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Please, feel free to crit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Please, feel free to crit.

I couldn't say in the subject anything about web site design, I was afraid nobody would be interested and just skip my post.
    Anyway, I worked on this site about a year ago, I never continued on with it...I had no money to pay my host any longer.

A friend of mine "donated" some web space

web site

I'd like your thoughts on it please. Don't be hesitant to speak, please, feel free.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the link to identity design/solutica fails man... maybe more movement will be cool like to the left of your first page... and I think that the pictures of your work are sometimes too small

I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I found allot of broken links.

But nice page- What exactly did you do? Did you make a framed page with flash on one side and normal text on the other? I'm interested to know!

good job, keep it up

}<(((*>
    -D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The broken links you found were in the "work" section, I never completed that part. When I get some extra time, I'll upload the other images.

No frames, all tables. Just cut all the images up and placed them.

For the flash, I tried not to make TOO flash. I wanted a static web site with a touch of spice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice site:

my thoughts:

you're font choice is clean, but mundane. try something just as clean but more interesting.

futura, corning; etc.

contact us link is a pic.. so why the arial/helvetica? boring.

html font is fine

the flash reloading from about and services is annoying. either have a different anime or none -- like the work section.

for your work linking to other sites have it open in a new window -- you're taking the user out of your site and ultimately directing their attention elsewhere.

/rc

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to thank you guys for replying. Your comments and suggestions mean a lot. I'll keep everything in mind when I work on it.

ceballos, do you have any ideas in mind for the flash? I guess I could look up some, I didn't want to overdo the flash, however, it seems I may have to learn flash since that's what a lot of these new web sites consist of. What if I just slowed down the repetition, not having it repeat instantly, but pausing at a scene for a bit?

Phait Guest
    Hi, web designer myself here. Haven't toyed with flash, but I'm DAMN glad you did not misuse it. Nice design - not my taste, but you did a nice job. I'm not so sure about Arial (I assume) that small - can be hard on people's eyes. Verdana 8pt or Tahoma/ms sans serif 8pt would be easier. I like the yellowish-green - always had a thing for that. I'm not so sure about the constant animations in the left box though, that may annoy visitors. Maybe have it play just once.

Personally the title of 'Solutica' sounds like you're not trying enough/trying too hard for a catchy name In the end it's your choice, but I personally think it's generic and I don't mean any offense.

I commend you on a nice job though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my intentions for "solutica" was that i was "hoping" to be able to provide full internet solutions I guess I could change the name now, but I don't know what to, my name isn't very interesting at all. Last name is wilson. Too bad I didn't get the Italian last name.

once again everybody, thanks for your posts, they mean a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your flash is fine. i do agree that it's annoying repeating itself. play it once, then fade to static, nicely designed type with whatever you want communicated. i don't agree with changing your font to verdana in html. verdana looks better at the smaller point size (11 px), but wouldn't go with the rest of your font usage. stay consistent.

as for the actual flash, i don't have many qualms with the animation, but again your font choice is weak. the time duration btw blurbs is too short for those who would read slower than most (think older clients). don't slow down the animation, but give a longer duration (just a little, not much).

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.