Thanks

DIY-Ideas for self promotion

I found this handy little website and I thought it might give some of you ideas. It has ideas for binding books, building press kits, cd covers, cards & more. It doesn't hold you by the hand for the process but it does give ideas as how one could go about making these things happen.

http://www.papress.com/designityours...s_printed.html

There's a book with much more in depht info which I think I'll get, looks good for guerilla marketing and self promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/diy

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    oh, very cool, thanks!

Thanks
    Hey Qitsune,

That D.I.Y book is pretty cool. Filled with lots of pictures and sample projects. However, while the book has more pictures and examples, it has pretty much the same text or content as what's available on the website. For example, the Printed Books section has one additional sample project and a diagram for laying out an accordion fold book. And the Blank Book section is almost exactly the same as it appears in the book.

So if you're looking for something with a lots of pictures and project "fodder", I would highly recommend picking up the book. I often flip through it when looking for an ideas. But if you're looking for something with step-by-step how-tos, or for self-promotion info, you might wanna drop by the local bookstore and thumb through a copy before making your decision.

Have a good one,
    .wade

Thanks
    Thx Wade Felt for the info, if the pics are more a source of ideas and designs than a 'holding your hand every tiny step of the way' thing it's great for me. It's also good to know for people who are a bit craft-impaired and wanted more instructions and diagrams.

I just find myself doing the same stuff over and over sometimes and want fresh ideas.