Sketchbook: Digitized Motivation [8.25.06]

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Digitized Motivation [8.25.06]

I'm glad I found this place, and even if I go unnoticed and am lost in the fold, I will be glad to use this thread as a motivator for improving my drawing skills.

I welcome criticisms and suggestions!

Sorry for the crummy digital pictures (I don't have a scanner). I'm just going to have to accept that the pics will have strange tones and warp the angles a bit cause I just don't have a better way to transfer my sketchbook to the net.

Like it has done for so many others, MindCandyMan's thread of diligent work has inspired me to do so myself, so I thought it would be most appropriate to start everything off by doing a study of one of his cast drawings today.

It's totally off in just about every way, but you know what they say about making mistakes. I just used a ballpoint pen, and it's about the same size as the original digital image as displayed on my computer. Started off carefully outlining the shapes and some major shadow areas, then sketched in the shading. MCM's original drawing is on the right (obviously).
    Digitized Motivation [8.25.06]Digitized Motivation [8.25.06]

I was feeling goofy and decided to copy that famous stencil of the molotov anarchist, only I changed the bomb to a computer. I didn't like the way the hair turned out so I changed it into what became an oversized top hat with the lighting on the wrong side (doh). It's about 3x5 done with ultra fine point sharpie (plus bleed through from previous page).

Drew this landscape on thursday. I was thinking of this amazingly picturesque place about an hour from here where there's this great little shack in a rice field near the ocean... right next to an extremely busy highway that you couldn't hope to ever stop and take a picture of the scene from. It's a full page 12x9 done with an ink calligraphy brush pen.

And that's it for today... boy this takes a long time.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by vester; August 27th, 2006 at 02:49 AM. Reason: add date to title
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with this forum's layout. How can I get attached pictures to be placed where I want them to be placed?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, thats only possible when you use your own host and use the [img] button. Attachments are always at the bottom.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay thanks, I'll take that into consideration next time.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.