Sketchbook: remedial's Drawlings - 5/31/09 Tales of the Rusted Wrist

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

remedial's Drawlings - 5/31/09 Tales of the Rusted Wrist

Hey there guys and gals, I haven't posted on here in years. But I thought I'd fire up one of these nifty sketchbook threads because I really need to start picking up where I left off. I haven't been working on my skills with any dedication since I began school 2 years ago, and considering I go back in about a week, I'm not sure how long it will take for booze and schoolwork to distract me again.

Anyhow- I'm just looking for any advice and commentary - I'd really like to start building my skills again and hopefully this will keep me motivated to draw as much as I can.
    Name:  dinocolor.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  164.0 KB

An illustration for a show flyer.
    A dwarf field marshal character I had originally drawn up for some half-serious mod from way back- I did this redesign to see if I could improve it.
    The toecutter from Mad Max- not so great- but I'm getting there.
    A gunfight scene I drew up- inking it might have been a bad idea.

Last edited by remedial; May 31st, 2009 at 02:56 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bumpin' this up with some shit from my HD. My friend at school asked me to draw up some scenes with Thomas Edison in the "Land of the Lost" Tv series. I'm not sure why, but we can all dream right?

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by remedial; August 25th, 2006 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No posts yet! So I'll just dump some more shit Some pencils and ballpoints I did from references- elzinbobs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Drew up this demon falling from grace while watching some tube. I started the outline with little trouble but then referred a some anatomy books to try and improve muscle placement etc.
    I'm hoping that if I keep this up- I'll begin to internalize this sort of thing. Looking back, I can notice my skills were improving. But back then I never actually had to motivate myself to draw or improve- it came naturally. Oh well.

So, for the sake of nostalgia and comparison, I included a drawing from about 2.5 years ago that I drew during a high school biology class w/ no reference.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More from today on the couch + an unresolved, unfinished, possibly uncool ben franklin hero.

Last edited by remedial; August 26th, 2006 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woke up and drew this- inspired by that mutant dog/wolf hybrid someone roadkilled in Maine. - Have you guys seen this yet?

Anyway gotta run- gonna ride my miniature motorcycle to a friends and make some wheatpaste and artwork- shhhh don't tell the feds.

Last edited by remedial; August 28th, 2006 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just grabbed some stuff my my harddrive again- this is the back cover for an action figure i made for a class. The color job isn't anything special, pretty minimal. but what the fack- time was a factor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    School is a legitimate distraction, but don’t let booze get between you and your art. :-P

So, what are your objectives with this here sketchbook?

I really like the page with, er, Spongebob? Is the face behind the character drawn from life? It look great.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for posting Seedling! I was worrying that this thing would get overlooked.

-I'm really just trying to get back in the habit of drawing in my leisure time- because I feel like my skills have plateaued and that's never good.

-The face was from a picture reference- although i do prefer the challenge of drawing from life. Especially in a classroom where you have to pick out a person's facial details while they move around and change expressions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, keep up the drawing! If you don't have other live humans available to post for you, by the way, self-portraits are a great way to learn.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finding inspiration usually gets me wanting to draw things. These drawings looks promising. Proportions looks off at times. Make sure u get the line work accurate before jumping into the hatchings. And I'd agree with seedling to get hold of some referance. They are indeed a good way to learn.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

BEEN AGES

So, once again I stumble back to these forums after years of silence. I feel like I've been distracted for so long- time to really focus on building my skills again.

Recently I've been taking a crack at some of the "Daily Sketch Group" topics. I don't have a ton of experience with digital colors- so I could use some crits and tips on these ones big time! Warning: they kind of bite

Name:  sloppysmiler.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  109.8 KB
    This was for the topic "The Smiler"

Name:  chicken.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  180.0 KB
    Topic was "Undead Barnyard Animal"- giant zombie chicken/rooster.

Name:  lacking lacking lacking.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  122.6 KB
    "House being dragged by many smaller creatures" - This is supposed to be some sort of airship being towed by many purple terradactyls - I really need work on environments/vehicles/EVERYTHING

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some character concepts I'm doing for a friend.

Name:  Illusiecaorg.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  72.3 KB
    Name:  Hydelayerscaorg.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  126.9 KB
    Name:  HydeTransformedlayerscaord.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  232.3 KB

I feel so impatient when doing digital colors/painting- so I guess I just need to slow down and learn by example.

Does anyone know of any sure-fire photoshop painting tutorials out there? I'm sure there are some on these forums- I'll check that out right after I post

Please feel free to sling me some advice on pushing my skills! I feel so behind after looking at some of the things I see on here- great stuff!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.