Collective
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Collective

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Collective

Well, another piece of crap. It´s the last for today... I swear!

People, I wait for any advice or Crit!

And Tim, seriously, BIG thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know how I stressed simplification the last piece? I dont think it would apply to this one cause I see this as a completely different kind of work altogether...the imagery and detail in this is very interesting and curious and I love getting lost in the detail.

the only thing I would repeat from my last crit is the color of the sky - just too distracting and seems te be of no consequence- oh and also ...the color dodge on the left figure...

I think overall, if you took out the trees, skies, and maybe the the bird - basically the things that are more immediately recognizable - and just make the piece all about these almost ambigious writhing figures and forms, it would be much more interesting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Rascar!

Yeah, I see ur point in direction of the message from the image... is messy, but like u say, this thing has a multiple forms in there... maybe... to lot.

The ideas of the trees... was for give a chance to contrast between the sky and the shadows quadrant from back...?¿ has sense?¿

Doh! well, I take the idea of being a little more messy =) to the future, ... and MORE planned!.

Thanks a lot Rascar!

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ok,the way i see it,this piece is very interesting,but it gets totally lost in itself. all the figures have the same value,colour and detail. it's hard to see any perspective,and beside the purple sky and occasional other bits,everything is grey and green mishmash. sorry if that sounds harsh,but you'll really need some more colours in here,aswell as atmospheric haze, and a focal point. take back some of the details on some figures(esp in the background) and add a perspective point,so we know where we're standing. don't give up,this piece could really go far.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This one is fascinating and I don't have as many qualms about the sky; the purple is being well-spread into the foreground, so it's fairly well integrated.

The thing that is killing me, though, is the poor drawing of the face near the focal point. While there are so many cool and interesting things sprinkled all over the cake, there's that 3-day-deceased minnow staring at you from right next to the first birthday candle.

On that, I'd also like to see the focal point get some room to breathe. Right now we're stuffed over in the far left with very little room to move around, almost stuck, while the rest of the circus is juggling flaming chainsaws all over the place. Oh, and I kind of wish not everything were green. The introduction of some other colors would add some nice tension (there are specific color relationships that do it, but the term slips my steel colander of a mind).

My favorite bit is the creature in the water.

Cheers on having so much dedication to this piece.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Carniflex!

U really think that piece could be better in my hands... =) may I could...

U caught the worse problem in that prhase!.. the color. The image born in a bus trip... then with only two color in the PC, I try to make all the volumes... and... then, I try to "put" other colors to give some "equilibrated" color idea... but doesn´t work... like i see.

I try to give to this piece another try, taking all the crits over this week (yeah, I arrive maybe a little late)... but may be my first try of real wip... =)

Thanks for ur time and crits!

ADDED:

THANKS DOGFOOD!!!!

I must take a time to assimilate all that info!!! =) an... like say to Carniflex, maybe this piece could be saved!!!?????

Thanks for all Tim!!!!!!

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    about colours and light,maybe this tutorial could help you further:
    http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm
    as dogfood said,the creature in the water is really well done. and yes,this piece could be saved

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow... when my mouth can be closed... I try to finish the cookies!!!!

AMAZING!!!

Thanks... really THANKS Carniflex... I see a lot of things in this tuto that MUST be assimilated! the skin tones... the overexposure, the shadows, and the final tips... O.O

And I understand now some things better from the crits over here...

SO... MASTER CARNIFLEX, my deepest thanks!

And thanks... I must "try" to save this piece!!!

A hug for all!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.