Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PAST dsg needs help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 254 Posts

PAST dsg needs help!

Hello over the past month dsg has windled down. The artists who used to post vigoriously aren't even showing up now. Dsg has lost it's new car scent.

We need ideas to make the dsg more interesting idea. So, I come to the community that made dsg what it is. I come with an opened mind.

What do YOU think could be done to help make dsg come back to life?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    kill my teachers

seriously, some people like me are just missing them because of school/work.

Maybe a "Best of DSG"-gallery (where the artists are.. kinda honoured) on the new site and announcements on the index-page will help (w/ direct link to the gallery and a link to the DSG-board)

cu

Thanks
    we need to get craig mullins to post here

thad get some peoples attention
    "HUGBIES!!!!"-freakazoid

my art

Thanks
    We already have some big artist who has been here : hardcorepix, frost(who still post :p) Glen Southern... not bad, since there's normally 5,6 pics each days.

One thing to consider is that we are at the end of the school year for some of us - hard time for them :p

Davi a thing that could help is a webirc - not everyone as the time nor the envy to dlw mirc/ircle and so on... I dunno if asylum irc has one(since most network have one).

I hope I can try some next weeks... If I'm not busy :p

Thanks
    sparth, bengal and prometheus participated as well

But I understand that they have to work and want a bit social life after it

I think it just needs to become more popular through the new fantastic site.
    (as I said, together with this gallery etc...)
    cu

Thanks
    I agree with cucaracha, its not the idea, its popularity. people dont have time to participate every day so there have to be more people. I'm just trying to encourage friends to participate, too. If everybody gets one more person to participate sometimes, dsg would flourish once more! God, I'm so smart!
    I'm damaged, and I like it!

Thanks
    I second that stuff about the end of the school year. I've loads of exams now.

PLus, IRC stuff, waht's with that? I'm not mega into all the techy stuff and I can't be bethered seing how to get IRC working on my mac or wahtever I need to do or needs to be done. (I don't even know what irc is. something about online chat like AIM is it? something liek that.)
    Could be simplifed by taking this part out of the picture.

Maybe if the sketch group threads are open for new posts each day rahter than just a couple hours each day. I think i already read somewhere else about how people's opinions vary on this issue and so I'll just shutup to avoid the risk of getting some emphatic opposition.

I don't post in DSG and never have for the following main reasons: I only discoevered this recently (during exam time -- not enought time); I don't know when they being and start and when i'm supposed to upload the times don't necessarily match my free time; I know nothing about this irc stuff which I get the impression is an intergral part of the DSG; I dunno when or how long it's all going on for... well look, I think maybe it's over complex. There are too many conditions controlling the way it works: so in short I think it needs to be simplified.

I am likely wrong so feel free to ignore
    me.

Like, if DSG was simply a new speedpainting themed thread each day I can't see how it would worsen -- compared to the current state of minimal particiaption at least.

It would certainly get me posting if I knew that all I had to do was paint a speedpaiting/sketch based on today's theme and stick it up on the web.

Thanks
    Hi Fred,

here´s a link for you that can help you with your Mac and that worked with mine: http://www.shadowirc.com/ . IRC is a kind of chatsystem - oldfashioned and anarchic but it works. Every information you need you should find in the "sticky" section of the DSG-Forum.

I think for many professionals (and I´m counting myself a little bit into this direction as one of the notorious AD´s from hell) there´s always the time-problem. When DSG starts here in EU (9 pm - in GB 8 pm) I often just come from work and my Lady wants to lead some kind of social life (can´t imagine why, but she sometimes even wants to talk to me before sleep ). For other working people who sometimes even have a family there´s the same prob. I suppose in the beginning there have been more professionals around because the DSG-thing was new and exciting. But one day "normal" life comes in and you have to set priorities.

At the moment there´s for me a kind of mental barriere to post lately when the DSG is over. There are often interesting topics but maybe we should encourage people to post after the official DSG so we can get more entries even if they are not in time.

I personally will participate again from time to time when I´ve got some breath for it - hopefully after Pentecost.

Fipse
    <Insert witty remark here>

danielh68 Guest
    I've noticed the dwindling submissions, and it's a shame. It's been a two or three weeks, but yesterday I finally posted a couple of pieces. I personally don't have any excuses, I feel I can always muster up 15 or 20 mins. out of my day for something I love to do. However, I do agree with Capt Fred about the timeframes: I hardly ever submit my piece on time because of my choatic schedule. I really don't see why that should be important. I mean, when you start getting more people posting on DSG saying "Man, I'm too late again and I really like this topic...oh, well next time." instead of posting pics...something is wrong. Frankly, I post mine anyhow. The whole point is to improve your skills and share your ideas. Unless there's an official judge and jury, I feel the hour contraints should be replaced with a daily theme.

Thanks
    DSG is one of the features I joined for so i could improve myself, but when it starts I'm taking care of my Daughter and my evening free time sometimes wont start until 8:30pm (mountain). So if it was encouraged to post, even late, as metioned before, I know I would try to join in. When ever i could get on in the evening, I could see the DSG subject for the first time and time myself and post it. It would just have to be on an honor system. There are no prizes anyway so if someone cheated and took longer than an hour and a half they would just be cheating themselves. Just my thoughts about what would help me to be a part of this...

Thanks
    I may not be someone who posts often, but I check the DSG every day (twice really). I sometimes work on the topics for my own practice, but I dont post them because I am still learning, and want to take my time. I really wish that the groups were just for the day, and not a set time frame. Just change the rules so that entries can be posted throughout the day, but leave it up to the poster to say how much time they spent (or put a cap on the amount of time you can spend). I think this would help a lot. I know many people see the topics too late, but would post something if they still could/ thought people would still be checking the posts.

Thanks
    End of school year I don't have much time and when I do it may not always be at 9 at night *hint*hint* I'm just suggesting an extension of subimission times...just an idea, but in about 3 weeks I'll be posting almost every night

Thanks
    I apologize, Ive simply been way too lazy to participate in recent DSG, and really want to get back into it. After school finishes I promise I will work harder.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast