Ive been MIA on these boards for quite some time, but I'm back and Ive got a LOT to show. Unfortunately most of this stuff was done about 1.5-2 years ago. I couldnt show all of this because of a confidentiality agreement with Capcom.

The following materials were from what was originally going to be Maximo 3. I was brought in to rework Matsushita's designs for the characters and create a lush new desert/tribal/cultist infested world. The project made it 3 months into development and was canned due to lower than expected sales from Maximo 2 (which was an exceptionally fun game btw).

Trent Kaniuga art dump from Maximo 3 and Final Fight Streetwise.

The following images are from Final Fight Streetwise. I also got a chance to do some voice acting on this one. Theres no listing of which characters I played, but I had a great time with it. If youve played Streetwise, the voice of Kyle Travers is pretty much how I sounded when I was smoking too many ciggarrettes and drinking every other night. ahhh... the life of a game artist.

Anyway, working at Capcom gave me a lot of opportunities to redesign many characters that I grew up loving. Many of those supporting roles were cut unfortunately, and many times the design I had done was altered to look far too similar to the originals for my taste, but as a concept artist... its not my job to make those final decisions. And though I went to bat many times, bashed my head against concrete in frustration, ultimately... i learned to accept that as a concept artist, I must answer to the vision of the art director, whether I like it or not.

I left Capcom soon after, and currently am producing concept art for the Burning Crusade expansion to world of warcraft at Blizzard. Blizzard as a company shares many of my views in terms of creative direction, and hopefully soon I will be able to post images of my current work.
-trent

In the meantime, here is some final fight stuff.