Thanks

Snakes On A Plane

Well, it's finally out. What'd you all think of it?

I just got back from seeing it, and really enjoyed the hell out of it. Even though there were only 9 people in the theater (the advance showing was barely advertised at all), the energy in the place was high throughout the whole thing. Everyone laughed at the right places, and the infamous line got a huge cheer.

The supporting cast was surprisingly strong, and a few of them even stole scenes from Sam Jackson. Kenan Thompson and David Koechner were especially great, as well as Julianna Margulies.

I was really worried about them trying too hard to make it into a cult movie and really ruining it, but nothing felt forced. The movie was actually quite good as a movie, and not just as a vehicle to get to the next snake attack scene (which were great). The climax isn't nearly as intense as some of the earlier scenes, but overall, it was a pretty awesome movie.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just saw it, FREAKING AWESOME.
    Agreeing with all your points really...can't say anything since it'll just ruin the fun. Go see!

Thanks
    I refuse to see a movie that makes it allright for me to pay 10 bucks for something "purposefully" shitty.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    its not purposefully shitty. Its actually rather good. Have you seen the reviews its getting? 72% on rotten tomatoes is damn good.

Thanks
    I wouldn't actually say it was that bad. More than anything it just got reeeally corny in parts, but all in all it just made it the more hilarious. It sort of felt like one big episode of some cop show from the 90's.

Thanks
    it's everything you expect, everything you want it to be, and more. It's one of those movies drinking games stem from. It's the perfect B-horror movie.

Just go see it. It does NOT disappoint.

NOTE: go see this at the busiest possible time of day with as many people as you can get together. The more people in the audience, the more people you know around you, the better this movie will be. It's a theater experience more than anything else.

Thanks
    Everyone here is correct. I saw it tonight and man, was it crazy. The ending felt a little off because they didn't exactly connect to what was supposed to happen in the end, but still surprisingly good.

Thanks
    Im tired of these motherfuckin' snakes! on! a! PLANE! lol wen he said that line the audience was soooo loud i didn't hear it. man it was the craziest movie ive ever seen. i was actually impressed with the the movie itself prolly coz i had low expectations. but i swear the crowd made the movie the best. i was lucky to see it with 300 plus ppl. it was like watching a movie with 300 of my best friends. makes me wish all movies where like that. quite refreshing.
    OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    No, the movie isn't purposefully trying to be shitty. People make it sound that way, because everyone was pushing the "cult classic" idea. The movie is actually pretty good, better than other bigger budget films that I have seen recently.
    I did have very low expectations and this made me enjoy it even more. I knew that Samuel L. was worth the ten bucks alone. It was funny, it was entertaining, and it had a fairly satisfying outcome, I thought. I saw it in a packed movie theatre at five, which tells me that this movie is actually doing pretty good in the box-office, considering...I do live in San Francisco, however, and people here are a little strange.
    Yeah, watching it with a crowd makes it better, and people were laughing and cheering the whole time, which was great. Worth the time and the money, definitely.
    "I'm ready to bust out some windows!"

Thanks
    the first half of the movie was just awful. the death scenes were gruesome, gory, and... humorous. its "jumpy" and so dumb it's was funny. the snakes were suprisingly well done. a pretty decent date movie.

the part where Samuel L Jackson said "I"m tired of these mutherfuckin snakes on this mutherfuckin plane!" everyone in the crowd cheered. it was hilarious.
    Last edited by CaptainInsano; August 20th, 2006 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks
    highly recomended, the acting was pretty bad but that was to be expected, despite that it was just great fun, got to see a snake violate a person in just about every concivable way and it had just the right belnd of over the top cheezy humor and action to keep me entertained. the crowd was cheering not just at the tagline but almost any time samuel l did something cool. Definitly recomend seeing it soon just becasue it's better with a big audience, but still worthwhile if only a few people are there.

Thanks
    i was the only person who cheered when i realized it was set in hawaii...

Thanks
    Didn't really like this movie. The title of the movie is an accurate summary of the entie plot, the acting was cheesy, and the ending was anti-climactic. The snakes cg was good, the death scenes were funny, although over-the-top. My experience I'm sure was hampered by a dozen dozen idiots who scream and laugh like monkies at every moment. Good for a rental I guess
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    FUck snakes on a plane. Go see Little Miss Sunshine.

Thanks
    Great great movie --------- an awesome reminder of why i go to the theatre in the first place!

The audience we had was perfect, it might as well have been the Rockey Horror Picture show --- people were chanting, quoting, claping, dancing, you name it.
    It's one of those movies that makes me feel sad, that I'll never get to see it in a group atmosphere so huge ----- here's hoping that it achieves some cult status, and makes its way back to certain smaller theatres in the future.
    one of the smarter cult films, it doesn't wink to hard at us ----- mostly a cheerful reminder of what modern action movies have become entirely.

awesome stuff, I'm goin' again next weekend for sure!

(Little Miss Sunshine is good too, like really good)

Thanks
    ohhhh come on....Why do u people pay to see crap....Bad acting and stupid plot. Sorry a no go for me.
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Thanks
    IT'S INTENTIONAL.
    There.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tgfx
    ohhhh come on....Why do u people pay to see crap....Bad acting and stupid plot. Sorry a no go for me.
    Iunno. Because movies are about enjoying yourself, maybe? I know how many people are too afraid of what people will think about them if they actually let themselves enjoy something 'dumb', though, so.

Thanks
    I think people who do anything more than laugh once in a while in the theater is a jackass... so I probably wouldn't enjoy this movie if there's people clapping and quoting and dancing.

Thanks
    Samuel L. Jackson called me and told me I should go see it. I guess I have to go -

- Visions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Visions
    Samuel L. Jackson called me and told me I should go see it. I guess I have to go -

- Visions
    Haha, that rocked!

Thanks
    personally, I think this is one of the best movies to come out in a long time simply because it reminds me of the golden days of filmmaking when anything could get pushed out the door to make a buck in the theaters. You had such a variety of films coming out at the time that weren't pigeonholed into genres, were accessible, creative, and more than anything FUN.

movies don't play to the audience anymore. it's become such an art that people become concerned with perfection. This was a movie that kept in mind the fact that you're in a crowd surrounded by your best friends on a friday night. I love that.