*** Conceptart.org Faq *** New Users: Welcome! Please Read Before Posting!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: *** Conceptart.org Faq *** New Users: Welcome! Please Read Before Posting!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation *** Conceptart.org Faq *** New Users: Welcome! Please Read Before Posting!!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND THEIR ANSWERS:

Hi, n00bies! Sometimes it's hard to find stuff on a site you've just signed up at. I'm sure you'll all get used to it quickly. But, in the mean time, please take a moment to review this thread. Have fun!

DOES THIS SITE HAVE AN FAQ SECTION?

YES. It can be found here http://conceptart.org/forums/faq.php with exactly the same info as below. Look at the horizontal text menu bar above for the FAQ other useful links!

HOW DO I UPLOAD A PICTURE TO THESE FORUMS?

As of August 2006, please use the conceptart.org attachment manager to post your artwork. This ensures that your art will always be hosted by the conceptart.org servers. Unlike using Photobucket or Imageshack, your artwork will A) Show up as a thumbnail, and B) Never disappear from your thread. (If you want to update or change your art eventually, you may edit your actual post at any time to do so.)

To post your art:

1. Click "Post New Thread."
    2. Click the small Paperclip icon that appears in the New Thread editing window. It should be near the top center of your editing box. Or, scroll down until you see a button, "Manage Attachments."
    3. This button (or the Paperclip button) will open a pop-up window where you may then use the Browse funtion to find your art on your own computer.
    4. Once you have filled in the field that points to your art, click Upload. (Follow the Artwork Manager's chart recommendations for acceptable artwork sizes and acceptable file types.)
    5. Once your art is uploaded, click "Close" to close the Attachment Manager.
    6. You may now click "Submit New Thread," if you are ready, and your New Post will show your attached artwork.

To remotely host a photo of yourself or other non-artwork related item, or to link to a picture that you don't need to archive here, you can use the image tags found in the New Thread editor. Click the button that looks like a mountain with a yellow sky and little sun to link to an image. Or, if you're a more advanced forum user, wrap image tags around the link to the artwork manually by using brackets.

HOW DO I CHANGE MY SIGNATURE?

Make note of the 2 links that these yellow arrows are pointing to:

Near the top of your browser, you will see the ConceptArt.org horizontal menu bar. User CP will take you an entire menu of User Options. Here you will find all links on the left to manage your signature, avatar, user title, user profile, etc. Clicking QuickLinks will do the same, only a little quicker.

HOW DO I CHANGE MY AVATAR?

Click UserCP or QuickLinks found in the top menu bar.

HOW DO I CHANGE MY TITLE?

Click UserCP or QuickLinks found in the top menu bar.

HOW DO I CHANGE MY LEVEL/RANK? WHAT'S THIS MEAN?

When you see "Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian" by your avatar and user name, don't fret! These are just fun ranks based on your post count. You can't change them yourselves; they update automatically.

HOW DO I CHANGE MY USER NAME?

YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR USER NAME unless you beg a site adminastrator to do so. A list of people in charge can be found here: http://conceptart.org/forums/faq.php...q_new_faq_item Note: Despite the fact that I've written this Lounge version of the FAQ does not make me a person in charge, thus I cannot change your user name.

WHAT'S A SKETCHBOOK?
    • CAN ANYBODY MAKE ONE?
    • HOW DO I MAKE ONE AND WHAT DO I PUT IN IT?

A sketchbook, or SB as many users here refer to it, is exactly what it sounds like: A collection of your sketches. Yes, ANYBODY can start a sketchbook. How? You go to the Sketchbooks section and press Post New Thread. Give it a spiffy title and post your art. You will receive comments on how to approve from anyone who wants to help you out. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE SKETCHBOOK INFO THREAD BEFORE CREATING ONE.

CAN I USE ANYBODY'S ARTWORK HERE?

Click and READ this for that information: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31861

I NEED AN ARTIST FOR A PROJECT. CAN ONE OF YOU HELP ME?

You will need to post in the Jobs section found here http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12 . If you can't afford to pay an artist for their work, you will need to post in the NON-PAYING Jobs section found here http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44 . Please read the STICKIES in each section before posting your project.

I'M BUYING A WACOM OR GRAPHICS TABLET. WHAT SHOULD I GET?

Click this link http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73139 for all tablet answers. Please do not start another new thread on this subject UNLESS you absolutely can't find the info you're looking for in the Graphics Tablet thread.

SEARCHING FOR THREADS / TOPICS / USERS' POSTS:

Conceptart.org has a great search engine! There are many topics here that have been thoroughly discussed. Before making a new post on a common topic, please click the search button on the top navigation bar. You can do an advanced search to search threads begun by certain users, thread titles only, topics begun in certain time frames, etc. Please take advantage of the Search function.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great initiative, Ursula.
    This is gold.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But how do I draw like Marko?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMGZ, Asoir! I forgot to add that question!!

So I was thinking that if we get more of these questions in the lounge, we can save our typing muscles and just link to this thread.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Am I allowed to post stupid questions here ? cool
    Thanks for the time taken Ursula! good work on those question and yeah if i dont remember wrong, i've seen those a few hundred times already

however, over to MY stupid question...

WHY ISNT MY BIRTHDAY SHOWING UP AT 7TH MARCH 2006 ?

yeah I had to ask

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe try PMing davi, Dile.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I'm new here so please forgive my shameful ignorance when it comes to these things, but I've just started a new thread in sketchbooks. I posted just one picture to start with and so to add more pictures I have just clicked on post reply and added my pictures as an attachment- is this the right way to do it? Or is there a button that I'm not seeing that I'm supposed to use to update my thread with new pictures? When I go into my account, it says that I havn't got any items submitted anyway- I'm a little confused, but that's probably because I've done it all wrong!!! Please help!

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CigarSarah, Welcome to conceptart.org.

I just checked your sketchbook. You're using image tags, and the images are showing up. But it'd be better to take advantage on CA's attachment manager. So you can just load your work right from the website itself. Click the paperclip icon to get to the attatchment manager.

To make a new post yes, just post a reply in your SB and add new images.
    Hope that helps.

-Loren

/EDIT You have to press "go advanced" in the post window to get to the attatchment manager.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Carnifex is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    is there any way to save your old images beside reuploading them all to the ca server? i'm thinking of about 400 pics i've made at the last workshop f.ex.(with commentary). and that'd be a sh*tload to reconfigure.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi,
    here is my stupid question of the day.
    if this has been answered a billion times i do apologize..brand new here.

here goes: i follow the new instructions for uplaod to my gallery page....and they are there in my ..."submit items" page.... but they never actualy sho up in my gallery.
    i have noticed a few threads on this problem with no results or solutions...
    as well as a few rants in the "shoutbox"
    this seems to be a fairly widespread problem. ... is this a problem CA is aware of?...should i just chill and be paitient?
    where are such thechnical issues usualy submitted?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just joined this place and that was quite a helpful start up topic to read, all I need to do now is figure everything out properly and find some someone to be my friend. *sits in corner like a Billy*

Members who have read this thread: 14