Thanks

Heath Ledger as the Joker?

That's right, you heard me correctly. Batman 6 officially known as Batman: The Dark Knight is rumored to be an incredible movie. The one official cast member as of now is Heath Ledger as our favorite killing clown.

Taken from efavata.com : As reported on JoBlo: "Whatever trepidation there was on Heath Ledger's part to assume the role of The Joker has apparently subsided as we've just received word from the studio that the sequel to the utterly kick ass BATMAN BEGINS will be titled THE DARK KNIGHT and will have Heath Ledger taking on the iconic role of the The Joker. Christopher Nolan is back directing and presumably a few faces from the original will be back, including Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox (although we only have confirmation of Heath Ledger as The Joker). It also goes without saying that Christian Bale is back as Batman. After the endless stream of names that have been bandied around for the role of Joker, we can finally put that rumor to rest." -Thanks to 'RyanOC' for the heads up!

As awkward as it may be, I'm gonna believe that I'm going to be blown away and Ledger is going to shock us all as a great Joker. But That's hope and faith speaking!

Anybody...?

- Visions

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    yeah...i'm excited too. when i heard about this last week, I first thought it was an odd choice. But then I saw a pic of him and he's got a unmistakable grin...and he's a good actor, so i'm happy.

I read the best rumor though. Someone, somewhere (yeah, that MUST be reliable) said that John Cusack might be Harvey Dent/ Two Face. That probably won't happen, but it would sit very well with me if it did.

oh well. can't wait for The Dark Knight and to see the first images of the joker
    My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

Thanks
    I want Ledger to be a great Joker, I've always liked him albeit a bit lower on my lists of favorite actors... but I've never seen him in anything remotely like the Joker. I'm very nervous and I will be until the opening credits roll.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    According to Batman on Film (one-stop-shopping for all batmovie news), Ryan Philippe is th frontrunner for Dent, which I rather like, as it means they're playing up the prettyboy aspect of the character.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    That definately cool. But, wasn't the original Harvey Dent black? I dunno who would play the role if they played that up, but - meh. Phillippe seems a little too young tto me, but I'll give him a chance, I know he can play a dark side. I also thought Josh Lucas would have been a cool Joker, which I thought he was in the running for it, but I guess it was the Dent role. So many awkward choices just makes me think the director know what he's doing and has a unique flavor he's going for.

- Visions

Thanks
    Word id also, Ledger getting ready to play in a movie, as Bob Dylan (titled I'm Not Here), also starring Christian Bale...

Thanks
    And from what I've heard. Philip Seymour Hoffman is in negotiation to play the Penguin. It almost seems like they are going to overload the movie with characters like Shumacker(sp?) did. I want to believe that the story has to be better, though.

Thanks
    Penguin is in this? I WANT TO KNOW YOUR SOURCES, SIR! From what I heard, that's just a rumor/fan thinking, like the rumor that Jack Black could be up for that role too.

Other Joker prospects I thought off just to throw out there (although it doesn't matter) -

Willem Dafoe
    Robin Williams (haha)
    Adrian Brody
    Jim Carey (that would be funny, in some repetitive, ironic way)...

I'm usually not up for recycling actors, but if their faces hadn't appeared in other similar roles, I'd think they'd be sweet choices.

But Heath will pull through, I'm quite sure -
    Last edited by Mr. Visions; August 18th, 2006 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks
    I thought that I saw it at IMDb, but I just went there and for the life of me I can't find the article, just some fan talk as you said. The article that I read was actually about Ryan Philippe as Two-Face and they mentioned the penguin at the end.

Now that you mention it, i think that DeFoe or Brody would make excellant Penguins with DeFoe bringing a much more sinister aspect to the role.

Thanks
    To be honest I prefer the original joker in the first film.

How about bill nighy? Dont ask why.
    Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Accoding to the latest at BoF, Ledger only got the role after Sean Penn passed on it.

Tristan Elwell

-John Cale

-Marc Maron

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Man
    I'd actually love to see Bill Nighy play Mr. Freeze. Mr. Freeze is a character I'd love to see done right, and I think he'd be great in that role. Maybe next time!

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Wow. Sean Penn as the joker. That would have been very interesting. I don't think i've ever even seen him laugh as a person...sooo, i think that would end up being terrifying. I could just imagine it. You're sitting there watching the joker kackle and giggle, but deep down inside your soul is crying with fear.

Oh. and as far as the Penguin goes. I heard that the role is mostly Mob Boss in nature. Maybe it'll set things up for future films. I would love to see Hoffman do it.
    My Sketchbook :: Phantasmagoria
    Illustration Portfolio :: jasonsnair.carbonmade.com
    Design Portfolio :: jasonsnairdesign.carbonmade.com
    My Blog -- Feed Me Toast!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Visions
    That's right, you heard me correctly. Batman 6 officially known as Batman: The Dark Knight
    Its not Batman 6. With Batman Begins the director threw out all contininuity to do with the first film. Sure its the 6th Batman film, but calling it Batman 6 is like saying the recent King Kong is King Kong 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Man
    To be honest I prefer the original joker in the first film.

Er... as good as Nicholson was, how can you possibly say this? You havnt seen the new movie yet.

Thanks
    hmmno.
    Sean Penn definitly yes, right age, right background, right everything.
    Heath Ledger + the joker in one sentence? I don't know... leaves a mighty bad aftertaste...

Thanks
    I could definately see penn as the Joker. And I know it's not Bat6, I just read an article that stated that, hense the label -

- Visions

Thanks
    I think it's ironic that they initially offered the role of the Joker to someone with absolutely no sense of humor. Of course Ledger isn't exactly a barrel of laughs either. It probably says something about Nolan's take on the character.

Tristan Elwell

-John Cale

-Marc Maron

Thanks
    jack nicholson's take on the joker was incredible, really evil, really manical, really scary. it's going to be hard to one-up that image.

Thanks
    If they wanted a young Joker to go with Bale's young Batman, they should have cast Ledger's Brokeback Mountain co-star Jake Glynnenhall (however you spell it)... he's got a better, more flexible face and crazier looking eyes for the Joker... plus he's just got a nuttier more unstable edge to his personality going into the role. I mean... c'mon... Donnie Darko...?

Ledger's just too constipated looking... and Adrien Brody is too doe-eyed, too melancholy.

Shoulda been Jake

Of course, my avatar presents another point of view....

Thanks
    He is ok as a support actor to me, but this seems a complicated role to me. I dunno though, its hard to say. I wasn't sure how Jack Nicholson would be in the role until I saw him.