Academy of Art Online (anyone taking it?)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Academy of Art Online (anyone taking it?)

Hello I just need info on this because it seems like a good school.
    I'm from the Phillipines and I think this will cut my expenses in half than having to go there in the US.

I was wondering if any had complaints with the program or praises.
    Surely would want to know.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there. I am currently a senior student at that school, and I have taken a few online classes, when my schedule that semester is too much. Online classes are good as long as they are not studio classes. Liberal arts classes are fine, because they are mostly just reading, writing and lecture. However, I would highly discourage you from taking drawing or painting classes online. If you have no other choice, then I understand, but for the money you are paying (which is the same for online as for live classes), instruction from a teacher that will be looking over your shoulder and seeing your painting strokes and your lines is priceless and irreplaceable.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, that's what I thought. It's just the cost of living in the states....
    I won't last months and pay for those tuition. Really learning a lot from you on your post in the other thread AAC. 4 classes eash sem? And I thought I can have 3 majors and take all illustration, Industrial, Finearts all at once!:3 What was I thinking! Thanks a lot for replying!

Because if I try to do AAC in SF, I'll gonna want to go to Carl Dobsky/MB school instead( hope I pass there when I apply).:0
    Maybe I'll try a few classes online. Test the waters.
    Bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm thinking about taking classes online here, just because I live in Detroit, Michigan and my options are very limited here. It seems like CCS is a good school, but it's twice the cost of what it would be to take online classes at Academy of Art Online.

I know online classes could never compare to a live courses, but I really don't have much to work with.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea, I was actually wondering this myself...I have taken Online classes at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh they really blew. GEN ED classes were ok but art classes were horrible....I can only hope that a more renown school would be better?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.