ImagineFX

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: ImagineFX

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ImagineFX

Hi all just want to let all know about a new Magazine call ImagineFX that is out of the UK and covers Artist that use Painter and Photoshop as well and old school art as well. This monthong for the Us as it was out and is likely gone in the UK cover is by Linda Bergkvist and she has an interview and Workshop in this issue. All issues have a DVD workshop with the featured artists and software and extras like textures and fonts and brushes for both Photoshop and panter as well as extras for the 3D programs.

In the US it cost around $14.99 pust tax but your area could be less or more shop around. The first and second issue is sold out(I missed the first my self)The one out now is the 7th issue.
    I been using it to learn some way of bettering my art and I think this great mag for new artist wanting learn from new and old school artists as well and some of us older artist that started in pen,ink and paints and moving to digital.

this issue is sure to sell out get ASAP..their most likely and with Lin be no back issues as this is one of the best so far and with Linda Bergkvist work and her work shop on how she dose her work .. let just said the book store her got 25 to 30 issues on last Tuesday.. I got my on Monday this week.. they had only 4 issues left...that is a hot mag.

Ok hope you all can find your Next month is out in the UK now it has Scott Waters from Wizard of the Coast and Neville Page. it came out in the UK on Aug 3 should hit her in about a week or two.

Enjoy

CC

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got it this morning : ]

But there are many threads on this.

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This one?

cartoonfox: You just destroyed a wise-ass reply, thank you very much. Now my reply looks like a damn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tee hee hee

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mario
    This one?

cartoonfox: You just destroyed a wise-ass reply, thank you very much. Now my reply looks like a damn
    Yeah, that Asoir is prett-y badass...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I think ImagineFX is great and you can tell there is alot of time and effort put into each issue. Ive been a fan since the 2nd issue (I missed the first one) and it is undoubtedly a tremendous resource for artists to learn and get inspiration from. I also like how the magazine has a community feel, specifically since alot of the work featured is done by regulars on CA and CGS. Rob Carney was cool enough to allow me to put together a 3 part series on Figure Drawing Essentials staring in issue 007 and I was really taken back because although I dont consider myself the best artist on the planet, I was given the opportunity to be published side by side with some truly incredible artists. Thats huge for me and something I really appreciated. I whole heartedly agree with CCosair.

Last edited by Mecha Hate Chimp; August 20th, 2006 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't want to say that CA.org owns ImagineFX, but there's certainly a low rumble of pwnage.

The magazine rocks and I'm stoked to see some glossy MHC in the near future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecha Hate Chimp
    Personally, I think ImagineFX is great and you can tell there is alot of time and effort put into each issue. Ive been a fan since the 2nd issue (I missed the first one) and it is undoubtedly a tremendous resource for artists to learn and get inspiration from. I also like how it the magazine has a community feel, specifically since alot of the work featured is done by regulars on CA and CGS. Rob Carney was cool enough to allow me to put together a 3 part series on Figure Drawing Essentials staring in issue 007 and I was really taken back because although I dont consider myself the best artist on the planet, I was given the opportunity to be published side by side with some truly incredible artists. Thats huge for me and something I really appreciated. I whole heartedly agree with CCosair.
    Sorry if I Dup a thred I did search for ImagineFX name on the forums.

The Figure Drawing Essentials workshop I found it to be a great reminder to those of us that took a ton of figure drawing classes way back in our younger years and have forgotten or just need the refresh on the basic drawing of the human form. Thanks Joe it is really got to know that some is out there work on the things some of the younger people need that have yet to get into a good class.

I found out that the College teacher i had for figure drawing class died a year or so back. She was great lady that real pushed me into drawing the right way. I took many classes from her Painting and Drawing and she never let me give up and showed me you could be an artist in a time when people told you to get a real job. lol

I know i will be subscribing soon this FX as I just don't want to miss an issue now. It good to see a mag that is taking the time to show off artists and teach. The work shops have really change my styles and got me back on track with what and how I should focus my art. This site has also done the same but look at the people posting and on this site and you see we have some the best artists both old and new.

Thanks Joe
    Great job!!

CC

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.