Thanks

My version of Hell

Lately I've been playing around with various concepts of what Hell's like, and while I haven't done any sketches I've written some of it down. I posted it in my LJ blog, but some I don't think anybody reads that I'm thinking I'll do some promotion here.

Hell by moi.

It'd be great fun to do grat big paintings and dioramas and suchlike based on this someday, but as om now I don't have the materials, so it'll have to wait.

Whatcha think?
    I am totally awesome and one day I'll be able to prove it.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    how about some art?

Thanks
    You could always start with good ole pencil and paper, pretty easy to come by these days.

Thanks
    I'm going to do a portrait of Alexander the Goldwife, I'll post it when it's done (I haven't started yet). I tried to keep the text as "visual" as I could, so that someday if I make a diorama (which is what I'd really really like to do) I'll hopefully remember how I pictured the different places when I came up with them. I know it's a bad habit but I hardly sketch at all, it's all the way or nothing. I used to doodle a lot in school (especially during the Italian lessons), but never at home for some reason.

Thanks
    I've started writing the story of Andy Jacobs, a man who kills himself and goes to Hell where he has some more or less interesting adventures.

Part 1 is just posted, I'll write more tomorrow. Enjoy!

Thanks
    um....

Got Visual Art?
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    My version of hell is the Lounge FULL of threads like these.. *shudder*

Thanks
    So far non-existant visual art aside, what do you people think of the general concept? Any crits on the writing itself?

Thanks
    Portions of you're version of Hell are a reminder of Tartarus:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus.
    Especially in the sense that the punishment fits the crime(ie. Straightville..etc)
    Then the rest is a surreal amalgam of Norse and Idont know what the hell(no pun intended)...with the "Goldwives and Trademasters"
    I think in a sense if you had a greater construct or layout of this entire place it would give a person a frame of reference and from there explore the various regions. In other words...a map wouldn't hurt.

Thanks
    Part of the description of The Lounge is "Anything goes", so I can't say I understand why some of you are giving her such a hard time for not posting any visual art here.
    There have been hundreds of worse, non-art-related threads than this, that haven't been criticized. Plus, writing is a form of art anyway, at least in a broader sense of the term.

Thanks
    I've never heard of Tartarus before, so that wiki article was quite an interesting read.

The main inspiration for this was an assignment I got in school years ago, where I got a short description of the Nine Circles of Hell as envisioned by Dante and was told to come up with a modern version. I don't remember all I wrote then, but the Swamp of Whine was there already although it didn't have that name yet.
    Other influences are Norse mythology (obviously), any mythology that I'm more or less familiar with, Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Terry Pratchett's Discworld, various writings by Ursula Vernon, and quite probably some other things as well, though the Trademasters and the Goldwives are my own makings.

Keep in mind that all this started as random daydreaming that I after a while found interesting enough to write down, so it's not like I'm actually doing it for anyone except myself. A map sounds like fun though, I might do that once I've got the place worked out a bit more. Right now I'm in writing mode, and I know from experience that if I don't finish writing it while I feel like it I most probably won't finish it at all, the the art is on hold for now.

Thanks
    I kinda like it so far. I'm very religious and I love all different religions for their history and stories and mythology, so this is a really cool read for me. I liked Helzon's suggestion of beginning a sketch of a map. I think a map and some charts of how things link together would really help you bring it all together story-wise. Can't wait to read more!

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished