Art: ../ + Dominion + /..

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow ../ + Dominion + /..

Hey CA - new abstract idea here... some have probably seen the sketch done at the Montreal Workshop. Anyway Let me know what you think!

../ + Dominion + /..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Piece...its awfull, even the details are great.

All thumbs up!

Klick on ME!!! iam a link to my pics!

Remember the Needle in your Head, it hurts but kicks zu alive!

www.newquest.de

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Needlehead! Went to your website, great stuff there

Everyone else - One comment out of almost 500 views!?&^&$*#@ : (
    C'mon people, doesn't it make you think or feel anything at all... Anyone...

Hello? ; )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my top left view of the head is off and makes his whole head look distorted. I love the ideas and freedom you have put into this piece witht he colors and and ideas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The blood doesn't look much like blood, and his eyes seem to be at different levels.. Don't think it works as well as your other pieces...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is really nice, great Work! Keep it up!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The skewed facial proportions are justified by the chaotic nature of the piece. I spent a bit of time trying to mentally piece together the non-sequitur elements surrounding the half-face... and I'm still not sure what to make of it all. But I can't help but feel this is damn cool regardless. Love the subtle graphic stuff going on in the background.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hate the word "justified"... in my opinion, something is justified if it looks good. Facial proportions can be morphed stylistically and effectivley to fit with the concept of a piece, and still have good aesthetic value. If it fits with the concept, but doesn't really 'work', I don't really think it's "justified". It's like making superman's biceps way too big, and saying it's because he's super strong.. somethings work better than others.. sometimes I think it's just a matter of trying until you find that one thing that works.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1337 - thanks man. I think I need to skew the anatomy more and make it more obvious that its not real.

Pixeldragoon - thanks man but I think you are missing the point. Its not supposed to be rendered or drawn to perfection. Its about composition, color and emotion more than anything. thanks for your input though.

I do get the feeling that the major of people on this forum agree. Unless its a giant robot, dragon slayer, or cybernetic ninja assasin it just doesn't get much "air play" - I am okay with that. I will find the right venue for my art eventually but I need to be true to who I am and what I want to create more than tryng impress a specific group or mind set I think. You can't please everyone all of the time, right? ; )

PeterLee - Thanks man... there's some great work on your website

Ninth - Thats the best compliment yet. I really want people to look at it and say "wtf"... then to sort it out. It was intended as more intuitive and less tactile or "rendered"

Pixeldragoon - open your mind man and let art in. destroy your preconceived notions of what "art" is or whats right and wrong. Just see each piece for what it is. Let is speak to you in its own voice. Every piece on this forum has a different purpose and a different way of communicating. Try and figure out what that is each time and why the artist created. It will allow you improve greatly in your own work. Or just tell me to STFU : p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Seven this is a good piece here... Two things that are bothering me though... First is that green vile on the side of "its head" It standing out way too much and has become a huge distraction for me.... The other things are the butterfly wing and the angel wing.... Maybe if the butterfly wing was on the opposite side of the head parrallel to the angel wing it would make sense... I totally understand where your coming from... I have been trying to push the envelope myself and get out of the whole demons and warriors crap but, still using some of those elements... I think ultimately even though your looking to be "abstract", even abstract has to make sense... Like the more i look at it the more i notice just certain things look to be totally random... like the hearts... Its something i just dont get... The piece would totally make sense if the whole piece were some sort of random abstract put together but, there is some theology behind this or maybe if half the piece the totally random and another portion of the piece was carefully constructed.. I hope that makes sense.. you've got some good stuff coming through lately.. dont let the lack of replies get you down...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The lack of replies are because of the semi-lame facial structure. What can I say... I have read a ton of books taken a ton of classes and still don't have marko's self-taught anatomy skillz. Sometimes I wonder if I should take it ass a challenge and work harder, other times I think it's a message that I shouldn't draw anything ever again with people or parts of people in it.

The frustrating part is that I CANNOT see the problems. I swear I try. It looks right to me until some else points out the obvious. I tend to only see the details. The lines, the brushwork, the colors, the symbols, whatever, never the problems. Its like I'm fucking blind to what everyone else sees immediately.

On a happier note, yes all of the symbols have meaning. It represents the 2 of Wands in the Thoth Tarot by Crowley. You must learn to control your words and ideas because like all creations they have inate power to create or destroy. To love or to hate. Anyway, thx for the feedback bro. I guess I won't slit my wrists tonight : )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know why, but alot of people have that "Never draw again" thing happen- I always just take that as motivation... You've seen MindCandyman... you have to know that with enough hard work, anything is possible, right? I always try to set goals for myself... very general ones, but as an example- my current goal is to be able to get a job in the industry before I go to college. This way if something happens I still have that fallback- but I look at Massive black (industry extra-standard?), and say that I need to be that good before college... Not specifically "hands or heads like marko", but the ability to create amazing things with my mind, quickly, effeciently, and to make the original. I count the days/months/weeks/years until I might go to college, and it makes me want to work my ass off... I am graduating a year early from highschool so that makes it even tougher.. but all the more reason to work.

Forgot what I was saying- but basically, try setting goals, because when you have a time-frame IMO you are more likely to push harder.

The sentence, "I want those files on my desk," and, "I want those files on my desk in 13 minutes" certainly helps to motivate, right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Really cool. It has some pretty emphasised figurative elements for an abstract though. Just messing with you

Reminds me of a song by the same name.
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixeldragoon
    I hate the word "justified"... in my opinion, something is justified if it looks good. Facial proportions can be morphed stylistically and effectivley to fit with the concept of a piece, and still have good aesthetic value. If it fits with the concept, but doesn't really 'work', I don't really think it's "justified". It's like making superman's biceps way too big, and saying it's because he's super strong.. somethings work better than others.. sometimes I think it's just a matter of trying until you find that one thing that works.
    "Good" is a subjective thing. VCL muscle fetishists would consider superbiceps to be very good!

I imagined this thing with a photorealistic face in the middle, and it started looking more like a photomanip than a graphic piece... the effect/perceived intent was so different, and as se7en said, the intent of a piece is a vital thing to recognize. I know that looking at conceptart.org all day long makes one develop a huge yearning for technically perfect everything, but wonkiness has its purposes too.

Quote Originally Posted by se7en_
    The frustrating part is that I CANNOT see the problems. I swear I try. It looks right to me until some else points out the obvious. I tend to only see the details. The lines, the brushwork, the colors, the symbols, whatever, never the problems. Its like I'm fucking blind to what everyone else sees immediately.
    Naturally! It's that way for most anyone.

Putting time and picky care into underlying construction when sketching pays off more than actively looking for errors while rendering... I wish I could explain it but I'm too amateur to get my point across with any effectiveness.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oy se7en, sorry i missed this one bud.

Man to be honest with you, this looks great. The only thing that makes my enormous 2 and a half inch boner fly backwards into my pelvic area....

....is that this thing looks crosseyed (no pun intended)

other then that its really something. You got alot of symbolism in your work, i like that. Nice website by the way, looking foward to nuclear dawn

~thest

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.