Please help with my latest pic.

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Please help with my latest pic.

Since my last thread I have tried working on anatomy and pose and I feel this one is a bit better (not perfect but better than I was)- but I would really be appreciative about further help with improving my work.

I have a feeling that the shaddows are very wrong on this but I have been looking at it for hours and hours and cannot see it clearly anymore. I was attempting to keep it looking rich and heavy.

I would also like some advice on building up the composition - originally there was to be a chair on the right hand side of the picture but it looked too large and wrong for the rest of the composition. I am looking for some suggestions on what I could place there that would help balance it out but also keep with the theme. This character is based on the Conan worlds so is not meant to be completely acurate in terms of ethnicity.

Any help in how to tidy up the image further would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pixel Dust.

Last edited by Pixel Dust; August 14th, 2006 at 12:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    her right arm seems very long and her shoulder mislocated. it also seems cut off by the hair falling around it. her facial features seem to high on her face, and her right breast points out too much. your main light source[s] arent clearly defined.. it makes your painting unclear.

i suggest not adding a chair on the right side, it will clutter the image. - JAG

it's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything..

Thanks
    the figure looks like it is leaning against the column with the left hand, yet the hand does not look like it is pressing against the column.

her left breast looks flat compared to the right breast because the hair is falling straight down and not going with the roundness of the breast.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.