Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheeljack's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Holee shit. Your pencils are... ghslfdj'ing amazing. The sketches are so clean and the lines are like... @_@ damn.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

The best of the week

Shalite: Thanks for Stopping by

I went back to some advice and suggestions given to me about a year ago and went back to drawing directly with the pen. Much more direct.

Thanks
    More more more. Trying to draw every day now and most of this is just quick stuff from the ol sketchbook.

Thanks
    I see that I never did upload this final image...

Thanks
    Mostly some Bic Pen sketches whilst house sitting a couple of weeks ago and a finished MGS3 Gouache Painting.

Thanks
    Here are a couple from last week. I've been doing a few fantasy images to round out the old portfolio. I also put together some character sketches based on the Dragon Lance series I enjoyed so much in my youth.

Thanks
    all of your sketches are very strong and bold, i like the power they are giving off

Thanks
    Hey Gdand, Thanks for stopping by!
    Here is a Pen and ink piece I did based on an old Dragonlance RPG Module. ( the old fashioned pen and paper type) heh heh.

The second one is a quick sketch of Claire Redfield from Resident Evil. I was inspired to draw on cardboard by the guys from the Drink and Draw society..

Enjoy

Thanks
    Well well well....I have to tell you something. It was your avatar that got me to your sketchbook (I am an old school Transformers guy, and Wheeljack was bad ass!) But OH MY LORD! I started on page one of your sketchbook, and didn't stop till the end. You have such a great style. I don't know if it is intentional or not, but on some drawings you have a slightly rough style, and I simply LOVE it! I guess it is art in the raw that I love. It is kinda like going to a live concert, you have the music raw, uncut, and improvised on the fly, you just can't get that in a recorded album, and your art captures that freedom, and raw spirit that makes it great. Don't get me wrong, your refined art is just as good, I love to see your inked fine tuned work, it is brilliant! I think the most important through it all is your style remains solid, and shines through every piece! I love the portraits of people (Rambo, Earnest Borgnine, Alfred Hitchcock, and the Duke caught my eye the most). But you portray women beautifully in your art. You capture the animated form so nicely in actions, and facial expressions (both men and women).
    So if you want critique....you won't get it from me. You are on the right track, and your train is going full speed ahead! I am bookmarking your page so I can check back from time to time to enjoy, and get inspired by your wonderful art. Keep on doing what you are doing.....it is PHENOMENAL!
    Hit me where I am weakest, so that I may grow stronger. ~Me

Check out my Sketchbook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Americandodo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Oh Wow!

Talk about high praise!. Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my work and saying a few things. It is always greatly appreciated. I have been working on other projects as of late and that has kept me from being very active on the forum but keep stopping in and I'll try not to dissapoint.
    It's great that someone ELSE remembers Wheeljack fondly. It's surprising how few Trans Fans like the character but who wouldn't love a Mad Scientist Robot?!?

Thanks

How about some Storyboards?

I posted this up in the Finally finished section with NO response so, I relegate it to the Sketchbook and hopefully It will garner some comments. These are some storyboards I had finished for a friend.

By the way, does anyone else find the new uploading procedures to be a bother?

Thanks
    Wow man, all of your portraits are really impressive to me. Ernstb is really impressive, as well as all the MGS3 pics, simply because they are recognizable.

The tilt on Eva's tush in #83 looks off though. Everytime I look at it that's where my eye goes, because it seems out of place.

Thanks

Been A while

Can't say as I've got a good excuse for staying away so long but what the hey! So here is a sampling from some of what I have been up to. As usual any comments and feed back is appreciated

Also at the Bottom, I included a head sketch I procured from Bruce Timm of Conan at the recent Calgary Comic Con. I'm a big fan and I thought that I'd share with y'all!

Krigbrann: Thanks for stopping by and sorry that it took so long to reply. I've heard much the same about the Eva piece and you know what, I'm seriously thinking about doing a different version. The madening thing is that I based it off of good Reference. Her pose is just stupidly akward! Seemed like a good idea at the time. heh heh.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast