Inside Man
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Inside Man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Inside Man

Just finished watchin it... imho it was one of the best movies ive seen in a long time.... not that im old enough to say... but seriously, the twist in it and the plot.... its brilliant, anyone else have opinions?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't know why I saw it. Part of me thought maybe it'd be a good movie like oceans eleven. But no. I was pretty cheesed that, from my perspective... there was no twist. Despite what the trailers said, everything was exactly as it seemed. I also didn't like all the current-event commentary. Like the little "let's thumb our nose at GTA" part. Or the "let's thumb our nose at the way people assume arabs are terrorists." And of course, in true hollywood form, they had to tack on some random part about the holocaust.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah! There were nazis in that movie too! Almost everything I see or read now has nazis somewhere in it. I'm so sick of it.

As for the movie...I thought it was entertaining. The racial stuff I found more amusing than anything else. As for a "twist", I didn't find any real twist either. I was kind of annoyed with the antagonists arrogant attitudes. "I staged the perfect bank robbery..." Oh shut up.

There were two things I thought were dumb. The bank robbers used fake guns; what if the hostages decided to fight back? Also, the head bank robber (can't remember teh characters name) hid himself in a wall and lived in it for a week or so. Wouldn't someone, anyone, have noticed that the room had gotten considerably smaller?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I didnt like the fact that hiding in a wall was his big plan. It really didnt live up to the hype and all the actual clever stuff they did in the movie. It was an ok movie, nothing real big, but ill probaly watch it a few times.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was an enjoyable film but no Usual Suspects or Seven.

The twist was kinda meh.

Overall it was a fun film though. My favorite line was after Clive Owen gives Denzel relationship advice, Denzel goes "Thank you, bank robber." That bit cracked me up.

Of course there were some little racial things, like the whole Sikh thing and the cop almost saying the N word. But it IS a Spike Lee "joint" right?

Makes for a good rental with friends imo.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.