how the soft passes made?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

Talking how the soft passes made?

How r the passes so soft in profesional paintings?For ex. on a face painting, from the edges to center of cheeks-from dark to light-there are soft passes but 3 or more different colors..What is the secret?Brushes?Smudge?Blur?Opacity value or edge value of brushes?..........

Then that:

Made with "blur tool".Not enough realistic effect u see...

I didn't gave it up and tried different smudges, sponge, blur, duplicate layer etc..Then i finished as that:

This is nice i think..But i do not know if i can do this on bigger works, or everytime..I want to learn the exactly right technique of this.Soft passes after first coloring.Aspecially on human faces.Can one give a tutorial that showes like "we give red color with brush opacity %70 ,then orange at it and yellow last..Then we use smudge as..." Something like that i mean.Or a video tutorial.
    Do i want too much?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    I could never find the best setting in PhotoShop for the brushes until after the workshop. Most of the artists I saw set their brushes to 100% opacity, 75% flow and both set to pen pressure.

I just use a round brush with around 85% hardness and 20% spacing, don't go crazy low on the spacing thinking it will give you a smoother line. You want to have that spacing so your computer won't choke and so you can blend.

I posted my Photoshop brushes and setting in my sketchbook thread.

good luck!

Thanks
    Check this thread out, theres some great advice in there, it helped me out when i was developing a working technique.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47859

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.