Thread: Dead Rising?

Thanks

Dead Rising?

I've been seriously debating getting a 360 for this game. I am 100% gay for zombies. But I'm curious if it's worth the $500 CDN price tag.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I was waiting for someone to mention Dead Rising!!! Yeah, I'm actually breaking down and getting a 360 for this game, and abunch of other really good games in the works. Dead Rising looks like so much friggin fun!

You know I've debated alot about not getting the 360 and waiting for the sony, but the 360 looks killer and has a great line up. And xbox online is supposed to be terrific, and chordless controlers aswell! Anyways, yeah I think the box is a good bet!

How about the game Bioshock? I'm amped about that game, abunch of games have me really excited about the 360... Army of Two, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Res 5 will be on 360, GTA will be as well, Spliter Cell, alot of really good stuff to waste my life on...

Thanks

Dead Rising is EXACTLY why I bought a 360 yesterday. This game kicks so much ass, I love it. However, it's not a perfect game.

I'm just getting started and I have a few issues with it. One is the save system. Kind of like the Resident Evil series in that you can only save in certain locations. The second is the tiny, tiny type that appears when you have to do a mission. It's so tiny that it's hard to read what you have to do. These are just small things, but like I said, I just started and these are the only things that have bugged me so far.

If you love zombies, then I think you'll love this game. It doesn't skimp on the gore. A few times I was shocked at how bloody things got. You can seriously pick up anything and use it as a weapon. I love it.

If you're worried about the price of the 360, do what I did. I traded in my PS2 and a bunch of games to bring the price down. Try places like Gamestop or EB Games. I think I ended up paying exactly what I paid for my PS2 (and a few items) after the first price drop, $220. Well worth it so far.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have zombies to kill...

Thanks
    I donno' if the game is worth droppin' the cash for a 360 ---- but hell, it's a lot of fun. if you're looking for any excuse to pick up a 360 then go for it.

the save system isn't as messed up as people make out ---- it's a beat'em'up and the internal clock never lets the game get past 6 hours - you can reset at any time with full lvl's and experience (this you will need to do, you gain so many abilities from leveling up)
    so i'm just having a blast completely ignoring the story (which the story events shut down if you don't do 'em) and just running arround like an idiot leveling up and beatin' the crap outa everything.

there's TONS to do, and it's one of the more stressfull games I've ever played ---- you can be in a bossfight, and still getting calls for new missions and notifications that people (you aren't helping) are dying.

Thanks
    Dead Rising, despite it's problems (save and walkie talkie mostly) was an absolutly wonderful gaming experience. Considering how powerful the 360 lineup has been (Oblivion, Graw, Battle For Middle Earth, even that Ping Pong game was awesome)and all the good games coming up (Saint's Row and Lost Planet at the end of the month, Mass Effect eventually), I highly recommend buying a 360. Even the arcade is great fun to be had (though it can really get expensive.)

Thanks
    It looks like the small font issue is an issue a lot of people are having with standard definition tvs. Capcom is working on a patch (http://forums.xbox.com/5990895/ShowPost.aspx). I'm going to be waiting for RE5 but Dead Rising looks like a lot of fun.

EDIT: my bad, had a typo.
    Last edited by rogfa; August 16th, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks
    Sorry rogfa, the page you linked is not coming up. On Capcom's board they posted this:

"Dear Everyone, I have heard your concerns and passed them to every source within Capcom possible. I feel your pain as I, myself, have a large SDTV and am having trouble reading the mission objectives, item names, etc.

I'd like you all to know we have heard your concerns and take them seriously. I have been seeing campaigns on other forums to send hundreds of emails to our support email. Unfortunately this doesn't expedite or increase the importance of the concern in any way, but it does take time and resources from other fans' equally deserving concerns. All concerns are always important to us and we do what we can.

We also would like you to know that we appreciate your feedback as the game was just released and it's feedback from our fans and gamers that make our games great. We appreciate your continued support of Capcom products!"

http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread...5&pagenumber=2

I just wish one of the testers found out about this before the game was released!!! Also, Otis is reeeeeealy beginning to piss me off.

Thanks
    I love this game.
    Beautiful graphics, ultra sharp high textures and gameplay to DIE for.
    NextGen? Well, it's here.
    10/10
    darkcult

Thanks
    I don't suppose anyone knows if this will come out for the PC?

Thanks
    This game is so far the only reason why I'd consider getting 360. But, that isn't strong enough incentive, so I'll keep chillin' here with the PS2.

Thanks
    i have a zombie addiction, and I would have totally snapped up this an a 360 by now, if it werent for my unemployment. It is totally all of my zombie game fantasies come true though. did every other zombie fan get that? just wishing there was a free roam kinda game with absolute freaking *hordes* of the undead and every thing around you at your disposal as a weapon.
    Violent, Gorey, Horror Movie Lover.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    its totally fun but there are some great other games out there too
    chromehounds is a hugely overlooked game for its online play

its mech combat but not like any other mech game ive ever played.

theres alot of the early 360 games going down in price so you can pick up kameo and pgr for like $40 total

saints row is fantastic btw

Thanks
    200 cool points to the one who figures out the country from were Carlito and Isabella are suposed to come from.

Anyone got the "saint" archievement yet ?

Thanks
    I might get a 360 to go along side my Wii after a christmas price drop.
    I bought a new Samsung HDTV and it feels a shame not to it out with some HD graphics every once in a while! : ]
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)