Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

People are so stupid.

I made the mistake of watching the news today and there's this stuff about how no liquids are allowed on flights anymore. You can have it in your luggage but not on anything you take with you. It was bad enough before but making people through away brand new toothpaste is bullshit. We all know how easy it is to make super posionous and explosive fluids and stick them in shampoo bottle.s I know I live every second of my life in fear someone has a water that's not full of water but instead some terroristic explosion in liquid form just ready to blow up some people nearby! I can hardly go outside without having to cal lthe National Gaurd because I see a farener writing notes in their farener language.

The main thing that gets me is these people are throwing away their money and smiling about in on camera saying "I'm OK with it as long as it's helping safety!" I wait for them to go "HURRRRRRRRR" right afterwords but they seem to forget to let me know they're just being satirical. People will sacrifice anything as long as someone assures them it will help them be safe from terrorists.

Man if I ever need to have a one night stand with a girl I'll just tell her, "Oh I guess you haven't heard, but you uhh have to have sex with me right now because if you don't a terrorist will crawl out of your vagina and blow some shit up."

Christ.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The thing is, the whole incident was supposed to happen within the next few days. And they don't know if there are backup plans or any number of things that could be going on. And they know that the method was to ignite one of these substances with an electronic device... I think that for the short time being, it's VERY reasonable. It's not as if they said this will be how it will stay until the end of time. but during a time of such high chances of terrorism, you should be glad to throw away a dollar tube of toothpaste to save your life.
    Last edited by Interceptor; August 11th, 2006 at 12:32 AM.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Well I wouldn't be. I wouldn't want to throw away some money because maybe, potentially I might somewhat be having a chance to somehow save my life. If the "safety" gained by having everyone throw away toothpaste and such is enough to warrant doing so, think of the safety that could be had by having every remove their thumbs, no wait, their entire hands! People with no hands will have a hard time causing terror! We will not feel safe until everyone is handless.

Thanks
    This mean that....if you ever travel with a Cintiq or an intuos...you will have to trust in those delicate cargo fellows

Not handbags allowed either .

Thanks
    Keep up Shamgim, you don't need an intuos or cintiq anymore because we're not allowed hands. T LEATS WE'RE SAFE NOW.

Thanks
    Bluemech, shut your mötorhead face or I will slap your bitch mouth

Thanks
    I think not allowing liquids on a plane was a reasonable reaction to a terrorist attack involving liquid explosives in gatorade bottles.

Seriously, this isn't suspicion, this was a thwarted attack. What do you expect?

"Oh well that's taken care of, let's just let everyone on the plane now, no harm done! Silly terrorists!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMech
    I wouldn't want to throw away some money because maybe, potentially I might somewhat be having a chance to somehow save my life.
    It's not about just saving your life-it's about saving thousands...you do realize the seriousness of the situation, don't you? This is a minor request and inconvenience for all of us.
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    You know who's stupid?
    PEOPLE WHO THINK BLOWING UP THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT AIRPLANE PASSENGERS, ALONG WITH THEMSELVES, IS A REALLY REALLY GREAT IDEA!
    That's who.

PS: Best custom user title ever.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    I´ll have to buy a lot of floam, maybe is a good idea to start making floam interior bags.

Also one of those passport little bags will become ussefull.

As for liquids, at least they serve plenty of drinks in international flights.

Thanks
    sure its a good idea, until a terrorist uses a bomb disguised as a pill or something. Next thing you know, people can't bring their personal medication on board. This feels like it's leading up to a future like equilibrium. Sense offenders galore.

Thanks
    You're taking this as if it's a permanent thing. They've said billions of times that this is going to be a temporary thing. Because the incident was suppose to happen in like 2 days.

Thanks
    fucking fareners ruining everything!

Thanks
    Ironic thread titles are awesome.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMech
    Man if I ever need to have a one night stand with a girl I'll just tell her, "Oh I guess you haven't heard, but you uhh have to have sex with me right now because if you don't a terrorist will crawl out of your vagina and blow some shit up."
    Good thing you won't be having any one night stands anytime soon, huh?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    You're taking this as if it's a permanent thing. They've said billions of times that this is going to be a temporary thing. Because the incident was suppose to happen in like 2 days.
    What incident will happen in 2 days?....damn I´ve been disconnected latelly, is there a link or something about it?

Thanks
    Don't worry. It'll all be over in a while.

This does happen to be war us Americans are at, you know. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not black & white. Lives will be lost, bad plans will be made, money will be spent. The US and its allies are just trying to make things a little safer for travelers in the meanwhile.

So what? It's futile to worry about toothpaste and liquid if lives are saved.

And no, it's not a conspiracy. It's life. Go draw.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamagim
    What incident will happen in 2 days?....damn I´ve been disconnected latelly, is there a link or something about it?
    Well. Apparently the place was to have a combustable liquid that could be set off my some type of electronic device. Brought on by different peope so it would not seem like a big deal. This was a test run for an execution that was supposed to happen in 2 or 3 days. I think that's the way they explained it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgoo
    Don't worry. It'll all be over in a while.

This does happen to be war us Americans are at, you know. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not black & white. Lives will be lost, bad plans will be made, money will be spent. The US and its allies are just trying to make things a little safer for travelers in the meanwhile.

So what? It's futile to worry about toothpaste and liquid if lives are saved.

And no, it's not a conspiracy. It's life. Go draw.
    I think the plane was leaving from Britain.

Thanks
    Bombs to bring down planes made of Gatorade and an Ipod?

People really believe anything they are being told.
    Concept Art
    Comic Art
    Illustration
    Artist for hire

Portfolio
    Blog

Repossessed: a Graphic Novel in the making
    REPOSSESSED

Thanks
    Just saw it in CNN.

And no, is not a bomb made of gatorade and an Ipod.

Is a different and clever ( forgive me for pointing it out as such ) concept. Basically they planned to bring the bomb components in separated containers, and then mix them. The bomb were liquid+ plastic explossive based and remote detonated. Is a copy of something some north korean operatives did.

The "no-hand baggage" policy was probably made to make sure they did´t use any unknown methods.....and blackguy....they will check pills and medicaments aswel .

If someone think is ridiculous, you can hold your trip for a few days......I would .
    Last edited by Shamagim; August 11th, 2006 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks
    Seriously. And you know what REALLY pisses me off?!? When people make bomb threats and the fucking FBI actually goes and SEARCHES THE BUILDING! OMFG! I had to evacuate and it COMPLETELY messed with my schedule. Fuck the FBI. Fuck Bush for being president of the country of the FBI too. You know what else I hate? The fucking police! They're always pulling people over for stupid reasons... Fuck Bush for that too! And this water fiasco?! Jesus Christ, its not like I can get water just ANYWHERE! And Just because I can afford a transatlantic flight, DOES NOT mean I can afford another bottle of water. FUCK YOU BUSH. YOU STOLE MY WATER FROM ACROSS THE OCEAN!

Thanks
    !984 was a scary book.
    Obvious troll is obvious

Thanks
    i think restricting nail clippers onboard is ridiculous.

Thanks
    To be honest I'm still amazed at how lax security has been lately at airports, as far as what people are allowed to take onboard. It's not hard for me to imagine a near-future where passengers must wear disposable paper clothing obtained at the terminal, with near zero carry on items allowed. Terrorists are getting cleverer and more sophisticated with every attack attempt, and will constantly push the envelope of detectable threats... frankly the only thing that seems to spur security advances is people getting asploded at 30,000 feet.

Thanks
    The scientist in me is very curious about the liquids they wanted to use

Thanks
    Dude wtf?!
    Like for once I acctually agree with the measures that where taken. And from various governments point of view, they cant take ANY chances, do you know how crap it would be if a plane gets blown out of the sky and they go "oops" they arent just arbitrarily banning it for fun.

Liquid explosive is fairly common, theres the really unstable kind you cant really use that just blows up, theres the two componenet kind where the independent elements are harmless but you mix em together and boom. You can make almost anything blow up if you try hard enough, from hydrogen peroxide in hair colouring, aluminum powder and nitromethane, hell even milk and swimming pool cholorine will blow up if you mix em together in a confined space.

Im not sure but i think the most high velocity detonation and most powerful detonating explosives (only nukes are stronger) are both clear liquid explosives. (noteably these guys prolly didnt have them) but its not a joke and its not hard to make something similar, alot of people seem to be brushing it off cause they havent been aware of it before.

So if you think about it with 15 minutes the right components and a bit of determination its not that hard to hide in a toob of toothpaste and a water bottle.

And needless to say if you watch the news apparently there where people with the capability and the motivation to do exactly that. I think they are good precationary measures, and make sense for the large part (except for not being able to take magazines onboard, thats kinda silly.)
    Last edited by Red_Rook; August 11th, 2006 at 06:57 AM.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    My Grandad used to enjoy telling us all about just which ordinary household items would go boom when mixed in the right quantities, it's really not that hard to mix something up apparently but some of them are very unstable.

(I should add that Grandpa wasn't a crazed terrorist type, just ex-army- most British ww2 troops, especially Home Guard were shown how to do all this so that they could improvise "surprises" if the UK was ever invaded so it's not exactly a new thing.)

Thanks
    Someone could design transparent bags and stuff and make loooaaads of money because it's compulsory! ha ha

Anyway news is just a business not a service, some people tend to forget that, especially with the whole middle east conflict and Elwell is most right

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast