Hi, would you like to tear me apart?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow Hi, would you like to tear me apart?

Hello there guys. I'm new here and just thought I'd get stuck in.

Since I'm a new comer I thought it be best for me to start with something general. It does mean there's a relative amount to look at but at least I'll get back some good tips.

http://mushroom666.deviantart.com/

I started really getting into art as a major interest about two years ago so I'm pretty unexperienced however I have been drawing as a hobby my whole life.
    Unfortunately I haven't drawn much realism unless it's in art class so there is a major flaw already on that level.

Man I wish I'd done some nice fresh pics so when you guys clicked the link you'd be met by something...a little cleaner but I want to get this in gear as soon as possible.

Ya see about 6 months ago I decided I was gonna take my art professionally, my main goal is to go into animation and direct/produce films etc. My ultimate dream is to own my own studio but ya know that's for the waaay distant future.
    Therefore I'd heard of this place and actually thought it a good idea to post here and get some good CC so i can improve.

So yeah life story over.

Go easy on me, I'm still trying to grow that thick artist skin lol.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    u have a nice disney kinda style... the style of the tiger and the environment dont really match, i mean that the tiger is really sharp and the background looks more "painty" ... for a finshed fineshed peice charpen the rocks and shit up ,, ALSO he has NO reflection in the water... vampire cat... if its a vampire cat thats really cool .... really like the tidus too
    thats all from me... try posting ur images in the thread!

peace
    reax

not a tiger but whatever... jaguar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by reaxion
    u have a nice disney kinda style... the style of the tiger and the environment dont really match, i mean that the tiger is really sharp and the background looks more "painty" ... for a finshed fineshed peice charpen the rocks and shit up ,, ALSO he has NO reflection in the water... vampire cat... if its a vampire cat thats really cool .... really like the tidus too
    thats all from me... try posting ur images in the thread!

peace
    reax

not a tiger but whatever... jaguar
    Lion, lion's the word ya looking for. If ya haben't seen TLK2 you wouldn't know who he is, he's Nuka.

And holy God I never thought of that..he hasn't got a reflection! Although most of him is sorta at the side of the water more then over it but his paw at least should have been reflected.

Thanx for the tips.

EDIT: Actually no now I look at it his face should be reflected to, dang.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay. Let's switch to "nice" for the duration of a post.

I think you have dreams and that's nice. In order to grow a thick skin and to get where you want to go, you're going to have to take the usual path. There are no shortcuts in getting on the market. It all comes down training and skills. I firmly beleive that, in order to draw "disney-like", you will have to study your basics first. And that includes drawing shapes, learning perspective, volume, basic shading. Copying existing artwork won't get you anywhere, or at least not anywhere fast unless you actually understand the basics.
    I hope you will really comit to your dreams and buckle down on getting better and train, practice, learn and grow artisticaly. This is a great place to start !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello there

im agree with reaction coments..
    hey i love your work.. i love lion king too.. but just the first one.. anyway.
    you should take some reference from the movie when you going to do this kind of painting.. is like fan art .. but i think you are on the way .. you have the right idea about painting lion king stuff.. they have background with realistic looking.. i can see that you tried to do some detail on the background more than the character .. and the character use more like flat colors... you could like Bengal style.. search it here on this web and maybe you could get some inspiration on terms of coloring and looking of your drawings..

keep doing art man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

also agree with this last guy too :P

yes i think the best you can do is "maybe" use other artwork as inspiration.. but you have to be original.. always create.. cuz your work as a concept artist or whatever you want to do will be allways do things that people havent seen before.. people want to be stuned with new awesome stuff.. so yes you could practice with creating new lionking characters for example.. but allways try to do new things ....

have fun

Members who have read this thread: 1