3/02 |29 Demo's from an Idiot| *Video's - PSD's - Processes* (Nudity)(56kBeware!) - Page 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Video DEMOOO ! and PSDDDDDD!
    ---
    You'll need a program to unpack .RAR files to decompress this. WinRAR is what I use and it's Free! (Well, basically...)

Source video turned out at just under a whopping 500mb's, before I tried to recompress it codec wise (which would result in a loss in quality anyways) I compressed it with WinRAR and it turned out at about 32mb! Pretty crazy. So, 100% working resolution with minimal artifacting at 32mb isn't that bad. (Just make sure you've got room to unpack 500mb's.

---
    Also included the PSD, lots of layers and I think one or two adjustment layers that I believe only show up if you have PS CS or CS2.
    ---

3/02 |29 Demo's from an Idiot| *Video's - PSD's - Processes* (Nudity)(56kBeware!)

Again, nothing special - a quickie doodle (looks like 25 min?) before I stuff my face full of turkey 'n potatoes. Lots of big dirty texture brushes to set the stage and dirty tricks like overlay, color burn and mulitply layers to get even grittier. Some curves adjustments, unsharp masks and selective gaussian blurring as per usual. One new thing however, I've discovered the gradient layers, they can be pretty handy - before I would make a selection and feather the hell out of it for the same effect; this saves a bit of time and reduces banding.

Anyways, here is the video and the PSD:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/57gd5h
    32mb's compressed, around 500mb's decompressed (make sure you have room )

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Step by Step, animated Gif and PSD!

Uhmumum, no words today; I'm tired. Just thought I'd try to do some more referenced work - hard for me to do, to enjoy really - but I'm starting to get the hang of it and having fun.

We'll see how long this lasts on photobucket, I'm going to upload the .gif final and psd together anyways.
    Edit: Woo! One full day of photobucket hosting. Trying some host I googled now...

Final -
    3/02 |29 Demo's from an Idiot| *Video's - PSD's - Processes* (Nudity)(56kBeware!)

Process Gif -

PSD + Other Files -

http://www.mediafire.com/?8zzymo5uzzz

Reference, copyright met-art: (tweaked levels and grayscaled)
    http://www.kindgirls.com/gal47/elena...lena_881_8.jpg

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; December 30th, 2006 at 11:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah tom, these are awesome! Why didn't I see these sooner!?

:p great work! How did you do the video btw?

¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Karla! Because I'm shy and hid these in a dank hidden and unused section of the forum that's why.

Videos were done with CamStudio, nice and free - introduced to me by Art2.
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=131922
    I've just been using the default codec, around 80 quality I think - ends up with HUGE files but compressing them with WinRAR seems to shrink them down to insanely managable sizes. 500mb to 30mb! So, why bother with codec recompression with loss in quality and size?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey my friend, thkns for sharing this skills to us noobie artists.

Keep posting more please.. i star one folder to this unbelievable stuff.

Cheers

Icaro

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha yeah no problem man. I have my own folder? Sweet! Cheers man.
    ---

Photobucket decided this last post was too racy for them, got me just after one day! Googled a new host that could handle the huge .Gif and seems a bit more open minded.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Animated Gif, Extensively layered PSD!

Files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bnynmzmnuzn (5mb)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Idiot! (I always feel so strange calling you that )

This thread is great, I'm gonna go through this stuff with a fine-toothed comb when I have the time. Just wanted to say that I hope you keep up your efforts to help us underlings learn a thing or two. I'll comment on the demos here or maybe ask a question or two after I get through them all.

P.S. I LOVE Bobby Chiu, his video podcasts are probably the most relaxing things you can possibly listen to while painting something, I just wish he would make more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, cool man - glad someone is getting some use out of this shtuff. Glad to answer any questions you may have man.

Update below!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Animated Gif, Extensively layered PSD!

Not as happy with this one actually, had lots of trouble areas, reworked way too much and was too low res. Got pretty gooey and smeary as a result, so - here it rests; o'well I learned a bunch.

Crutches used;
    Side by side with reference, a few level line checks.

3/02 |29 Demo's from an Idiot| *Video's - PSD's - Processes* (Nudity)(56kBeware!)3/02 |29 Demo's from an Idiot| *Video's - PSD's - Processes* (Nudity)(56kBeware!)

Ref: Grayscaled and tweaked, further 'licence' taken in painting etc.
    http://content.imagesocket.com/images/ref186.jpg

PSD and Other Files;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c4aiht

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; December 30th, 2006 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All this new stuff is really nice. You got faces on the ladies and everything.
    Seriously, great stuff. I've learned alot from you in a short amount of time.
    Thank you. It's greatly appreciated :.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha, yeah no more faceless monsters. Still too damn many shapes on faces though. Had some trouble on this next one, called it quits. Going to have to do some portraits soon.

Glad you're enjoying these mate, happy to help.

Update below!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Animated Gif, Extensively Layered PSD!

Ugh, gave up on the face. Need to do some just plain portraits, maybe something out of the currect OFDW. Learned some good things this time though for sure. Finally making use of flipping the canvas, popping in tones a bit quicker and bolder. This one probably went quicker, that and I gave up quicker perhaps? Haha. Still, no color for awhile.

Crutches used;
    Side by side with reference, a few level line checks.

PSD + Other files;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qv0t0t

Ref: (Got the source from Prom haha!)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ervice/ref.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
oh shit man! thanks for shareing! Really need colour theory right now, and im gonna try to hang on your Peer project!

Offtopic, that last one looks like a goddamn photo!! Awesome work!
*yeah, your my new hero man!*

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you are so great for posting all these *hugs*

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dtemp: My pleasure dude, hope to see you in the Peer Project soon Make sure it's Volume2. I'm someones hero! Awesome.

Infinit: Heheh, thanks dude.

Update below!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Animated Gif, Extensively Layered PSD!
    ---

Here is my first attempt at the ongoing OFDW run by the gracious RebeccaK, Hi Rebecca! I haven't forgotten about those jellybeans!

Don't know if I'm going to go further on this one or not, don't have too much free time at the moment and I'd almost rather move on and do another portrait since they give me such a hard time.

We'll see.

JOIN THE OFDW FOO!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83709

After:
    Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres (1780-1867)
    Madame Marie Marcotte (Marcotte de Sainte-Marie), née Suzanne-Clarisse de Salvaing de Boissieu
    Oil on canvas, 1826

Tweaked Ref: (Grayscaled, levels, cropped)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tweakedref.jpg
    Source Ref Copyright ArtRenewal.org:
    http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/databa...d=9305&hires=1

Full Res PSD and other Files:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/dzjffm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey apathy, awesome thread you have here, That last one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...pathyFinal.jpg
    Looks awesome, I'm curious what brushes you used to do that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmm, 99% is the default round. Size, flow and opacity set to pressure. Flow setting usually around 33%, constant adjustments of hardness via ctrl+[ and ctrl+].

Other than that, little bit of a speckled brush, just a bunch of random sized blobby dots that I usually use for flowers etc. Set on a multiply layer and another set on an overlay layer - that's where the skin texture came from.

One more brush to get a sort of smeared paint look for the vignette at the bottom, it's one of Alday.J's with some modifications made by Bumskee. I'll see if I can find it and post it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome, thanks alot for replying, I think I remember you mentioning a long time ago you use mostly the hard edge basic default brush for most of your work. I think I have alot of bumskee and alday.j's brushes but I have so many freekin brushes I don't know which ones are which, I need to go through them and pick out the ones I like and make my own set. I watched your video last night of the alien in the flower patch! Wow man, thats a really great use of brushes, very impressive. and it only took about 20 minutes! I am assuming thats how you work on most of those pieces in Black and white then you use somekind of overlay color layer to give it some color? I havent watched the other video yet I will get to that one. Thanks alot for doing those videos they are very fun to watch and inspirational to get to work, so I hope you keep doing those video demos I think they are one of the best ways to learn new things. I never knew about the sharpen/unmask sharpen, now I know what it does.
    Thanks alot apathy.
    Oh also, if you do keep doing those videos can I put in a request for one of those color figures you do, I love how you color characters.
    Thanks!

Joe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey boss, grea update here hun?? well as allways my folder say thank you to you my friend.

GIve to us MOREEEE.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -Mr.Joe: Mm, for sure man my pleasure. On brushes, besides using big dirty brushes to lay in abstract shapes, brushes are just for show - icing on the cake. The cakes the really important part, what I'm trying to say is it might be best or easier to use just a flat brush and focus on things such as form and edges - though do experiment with everything and anything as I believe that's the best way to really grow. On B&W into color, still working on these methods - often I'll overlay some color or multiply after I have a rough idea of what I want to do while working in B&W. Others start as mostly abstract colors and shapes and evolve from there. No real 'set' process as often that's exactly what I am experimenting with - processes. On the unsharp mask - hehe yeah... that's a dirty little trick I use a lot. Can be fun to sort of blur out the 'peripheral' a bit too with gaussian blur. I'll try and record the next figure color I do, see if I can put that up. Cheers dude!

Enthombed: Heheh, thanks dude. More coming when I'm rested up from the workshop haha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Animated Gif Extensively Layered PSD
    ---

Just a quick experiment with enviroments, started as a thumbnail I did for another project but never finished. Lot's of digital trickery going on this time, probably more apparent in the PSD. Using the clone stamp to knock in textures from the get go - via another file as the source. Mirroring and using lighten or darken to mix things up a bit as well - of course breaking up the perfect symmetry as well.

Tried to keep the PSD as high res as possible without bloating the filesize, around 20mb's I think.

PSD:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/klo72o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Im sorry if im lame, I just quickly read through everyones replies, but where is these brushes to be find ? hm... I must be lame.. really . cause I dont see a link ;(

Thanks tons for shareing man! You are gold for this community, you should know that ! =)

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, thanks dude. Brushes? What brushes? Did I say something about brushes? Hmm, maybe I can put together something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Note: I use a ton of brushes, some made up on the spot but also many of Bumskee's - BaRONTiERi's and Alday.J's. I also change the settings constantly if I find something lacking or unsatisfactory. Just play around with these, maybe they have some use to you?

Name:  IAbrushjunks.jpg
Views: 9928
Size:  121.7 KB
    A: Basic Round; Size to Pressure, minimum size varies as needed. Flow and Opacity to Pressure. Manual Opacity never changes, Manual flow changes as needed. Softness changes as needed via keyboard shortcuts (shift+[ and shift+])
    B: New* Brush, Dirty cover/Foliage Cover Brush. Default round with dual brush option, otherwise settings same as above.
    C: Squished Elliptical: Angled to -116 degrees, squished to 36%, angle set to inital direction; otherwise same setting as A. Feels a bit more like a paintbrush, doesn't blend as well however.
    D: New* Drawing Brush: Actually used much smaller than seen here, dual brush option adds a bit of 'randomness' negating a little bit of the digital feel. Settings otherwise same as A.
    E: Foliage Brush 1: Generic, used to fill in and play with edges. Scattering etc. used to mix things up a bit. See settings on your own if curious
    F: Cover/Dirty Brush: Used like the bottom right swatch mainly - basically a texture applied to a brush stroke with a bit of variance.
    G: Foliage Brush 2: Used large as seen in bottom right and larger. Usually in random and wild strokes for inital abstraction.
    H: Foliage Brush 3: Lighter cover, alteration of the same brushstamp as G, a bit more into the individual leaves category. Rarely used by itself.
    I: Foliage Brush 4: Meh, just another brush ahah. Try it huge too.
    J: Large Foliage Brush: Original size is 1200 px. Real nice huge abstract brush.
    K: Barontieri's Chalk: I think this is the same as I got it from BaRONTiERi's set but I can't remember. I wouldn't have included it except I use it quite a bit, or have at least. Good for dirty textures and foliage.
    L: Flower/Grain Brush: Use this puppy for flowers and to add grain and otherwise variance to paintings. Good to mix up foliage as well.
    M: Palette Knife: Can be nice for drawing, seems too digital when painting - need to tweak it.
    N: More random foliage brush: Can be nice to add some variety - can't say I've really used it as the main event.
    O: A bit sharper shapes, can help with seeing more manmade shapes in abstractions.
    P: Ground cover brush: I mess with the settings on this one a lot - but can make some decent dirt/ground.
    Q: New* Dirty Brush: Just used to dirty things up so far.
    R: Ugly Branches brush: When messed with properly can be ok... otherwise way too ugly and digital.

File: Some new free host, supposed to stay FOREVERRRRRRR!
    http://www.divshare.com/download/14294-004 Dead? Try this one:
    http://www.divshare.com/download/2221633-d96

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; October 4th, 2007 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Dude... That is way to kind! Thanks TONS man!
    wow.. I dont have words! again, thanks a lot, I have to check this out right now! =)

*btw* hm, as i wasnt sure, but I read Evildisco's comment , he said thank you for the brush, also someone else said, therefor I thought you shared your bruush set.

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmm, yeah the first demo was lost due to Photobucket and their policy on 'nudity' painted and otherwise. This was before I was saving things as well as I am now haha, o'well was a crummy demo.

The brush I used however is basically the A brush in this set though.

Cheers dude, hope something works for you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Tom i need open you head to see what you have inside you dude, ahaha how you show your stuff is incredible, this make more easy to me work in digital way on phosothop, this brush setuopis great thnks for share this, if you continue showing this i think don't need open more your head ehehe.

Cheers bro!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, I don't even want to see what's inside my head Glad these are helping you Icaro! Cheers buddy.

Another update on the next page!

Last edited by Idiot Apathy; January 3rd, 2007 at 09:55 AM.

• Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7