ho roaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! a video!!
request? request!!? indeed i have some:
1. could you make a video on how to combine colors correctly.
2. chrome! on an unleveled surface.
3. all of the warm and cool colors together... that look sweet together.
4. different matrials and how they react to light.
5. values and how to become the master at them.
Hey matt matt,
Not entirely sure what you mean and/or how to demostrate these.
1: combining colors - don't, or if you do make sure you use at least three colors. Blending 2 colors isn't going to cut it. Elaborate on what you want please?
2. Hmm, chrome eh? There is an activity in the PPv2 (link in sig) that has you work on matte, medium and glossy surfaces - chrome is just really glossy. Highlights and reflections abound and are very concentrated and contained. Elaborate again perhaps?
4. Not sure, what do you mean different materials? Really the differences are in terms of local color, lightsource color and surface quality. I.e. glossy vs matte, smooth vs textured. There are of course other properties that are important such as translucentcy - refraction etc ... but yeah, I need to work on those...
5. Erhm... I dunno?
Video DEMOOO ! and PSDDDDDD!
--- You'll need a program to unpack .RAR files to decompress this. WinRAR is what I use and it's Free! (Well, basically...)
Source video turned out at just under a whopping 500mb's, before I tried to recompress it codec wise (which would result in a loss in quality anyways) I compressed it with WinRAR and it turned out at about 32mb! Pretty crazy. So, 100% working resolution with minimal artifacting at 32mb isn't that bad. (Just make sure you've got room to unpack 500mb's.
--- Also included the PSD, lots of layers and I think one or two adjustment layers that I believe only show up if you have PS CS or CS2.
Again, nothing special - a quickie doodle (looks like 25 min?) before I stuff my face full of turkey 'n potatoes. Lots of big dirty texture brushes to set the stage and dirty tricks like overlay, color burn and mulitply layers to get even grittier. Some curves adjustments, unsharp masks and selective gaussian blurring as per usual. One new thing however, I've discovered the gradient layers, they can be pretty handy - before I would make a selection and feather the hell out of it for the same effect; this saves a bit of time and reduces banding.
Hi Karla! Because I'm shy and hid these in a dank hidden and unused section of the forum that's why.
Videos were done with CamStudio, nice and free - introduced to me by Art2. http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=131922
I've just been using the default codec, around 80 quality I think - ends up with HUGE files but compressing them with WinRAR seems to shrink them down to insanely managable sizes. 500mb to 30mb! So, why bother with codec recompression with loss in quality and size?
hey Idiot! (I always feel so strange calling you that )
This thread is great, I'm gonna go through this stuff with a fine-toothed comb when I have the time. Just wanted to say that I hope you keep up your efforts to help us underlings learn a thing or two. I'll comment on the demos here or maybe ask a question or two after I get through them all.
P.S. I LOVE Bobby Chiu, his video podcasts are probably the most relaxing things you can possibly listen to while painting something, I just wish he would make more.