Discovered a new technique and request comments
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Discovered a new technique and request comments

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Discovered a new technique and request comments

Hey all

recently I've discovered a new panel in photoshop... namely brush dynamics (and different brushes on the side) so I instantly applied this to the work in progress which is a webcomic issue.

Here is a finished panel with the new methodology and one that is currently still in progress... I'd love all manners of input on these.

And here is the next panel, this one won't have as well shaded human figures because the ones in the prior image took too much time to make (time I'd love to spend working on art but have to spend on other things like work)

Last edited by swizec; August 8th, 2006 at 05:15 AM. Reason: title change?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

new techniques

Glad to see you discovered something new to employ in your art. Just keep in mind that syntheized textures don't make a painting good automatically. You still have to know your stuff. Light and shadow, form rendering, lost and found edges for effect...color harmonies....all that hard stuff. here's some pointers I think you could benefit from. Keep in mind these are only suggestions and are very loosely done to help illustrate what I'm talking about.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My God has a bigger dick than your God.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks, that was awesome... really.

I'll keep all that in mind, I usually do the colour effects from the light last, I know this probably isn't the proper way but I'm not feeling capable enough to colour-shade straight from the bat quite yet.

Thanks, hope I get to work on this tonight...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dont be affraid to fuck up your work at the expense of learning a great deal from it. try some color. study some of the art on the forum and check out the color harmonies and stuff like that. you'll get it. there are lots of great books on it out there by now too. reading up on some of the relationships between colors and light might make you feel better equipt to make those choices an effectively execute them.

My God has a bigger dick than your God.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep. That's what's great about photoshop (or any digital work really) is that you can always save an early iteration of your work. You can then proceede to sploch down colors and go awire for the sake of experimenting. You can repaint over the same thing without worrying about running out of paint, having brushes drying out on you, ending up with a 5 cm thick canvas or any of that. Be bold with the stylus !
    (and define your light source(s) in the early stage of your sketch)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.