Thread: "LocoRoco"

Thanks

"LocoRoco"

I went out to pre-order my copy today, and with the pre-ordrer came an increadable demo that I have played at least 20 times now. I knew this game was gonna look cool, I had no idea how cool. And I knew it was gonna be fun, but words can not describe the joy.

This is the sort of game that inspires me to work in the game industry, and makes me want to work hard so when I get done with art school I can be a part of a work of art like this. Cause that's what LocoRoco is, a work of art, It's beatiful and simplistic, and has the most addictive original game play ever. There is nothing like this out there, I would almost say it is the next Mario, in a wierd way...

If you have a PSP go get this game, pre-order it for 5 dollars and get the demo, you must play it people. GO buy a psp to play it, if you are debating getting a PSP get it for this game alone(and Daxter).

Has anyone else played it yet?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Im really excited about this title. Its probably a bit early, but is their any talk of a port to PS2 or 3 console?

Thanks
    I havn't heard any news about it being on any other consoles, but you can play a pretty close flash demo version on the Locoroco site. I can't wait for the whole game, I've played this demo now more than I have played some full versions of games.

Thanks
    Sweet. Thanks Spaceman...

Thanks
    I saw a trailer for it on gametrailers and i started laughing uncontrollably (if thats even a word).

Thanks
    it's too cool! I played the demo on a friend's psp, and little loco roco sings at you while you move his surroundings left and right.It's time to save up for a psp, and say goodbye once again to my work ethic~
    ¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Yes indeed, the little LocoRoco's seem to have a mind of their own. It's interesting because in the game you don't actually control the Roco's rather you are the "Planet" they live upon. Tilting your self left and right, and bumping up and down, which sends the little yellow scoobers all about.

So when you leave the little guys alone they start doing all sorts of stuff, like dividing and hoping around to their own demise. I would almost liken them to Lemings in their absent mindedness. They always have a huge retarded smile and don't really care that much if they throw them selves into harms way.

Poor little dudes...

Thanks
    the game is fantastic, I've had the European import for a while now and it's just soaked in personality ---- very simple and charming, less puzzle and more just pure platforming (which I liked, platformers have turned into puzzlers over the generations). most of the game's challenge is just geting perfect scores, trying to find everything and holding onto your little dudes.

You'll spend just as much time in the mini-game and level builders as you will the main game ------ the game rewards you with level pieces, music, cash, etc. with everything you do.

it's one of the only games where I found replay-value as simple as taking other "species" of LocoRoco to old levels, and seeing how they would sing the songs differently (the little Pink French girl Locos rock, and so do the babbling red ones) ---

oh, and at any point in the game, you can press the select-button to take a .jpg screen capture