Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts

online stalker..

someone has been stalking me. theyve done the usual thing - found my crushes email address, told her crap about me, hacked my hotmail account, is persistant with calls, emails, etc to her. i dont care so much as to what is said, i know im nothing like what they think i am, and so does this girl, so im not too worried about that. the worst thing is that theyre now involving my best friends and even my younger sister. crap about me i can take. crap about my flesh and blood and im seeing red. has anyone ever encountered this before? the drama seems to be never ending. anyone able to hack at all? id really like to know who this person is and set the record straight..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yikes. That's scary and I'm sorry to hear. I don't know about aussie laws, but stalking is illegal in my state. Maybe you could check your local laws? It might move from cyber to real if they're already f**king with your family.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    ive talked with this person through msn messenger twice now, and the things that theyve said are malicious and spiteful. theyre getting a real power trip out of this - me being helpless and them holding all the cards. i think realistically thats all they really are. all talk and no balls. i guess you could say im part of the "scene", that being the hardcore/metal scene, and in this particular branch of society a lot of backstabbing is done, particularly by angsty 12 year olds. i dont think theyre serious enough to carry it over into real life, and that this is just a game to them.. but even so i would really like to get to the bottom of this. im not prone to violence.. but i know many that are close to me that are and due to whats been said about all involved want a piece of this cretan.

Thanks
    well ahead of you. problem is i havent aggrevated anyone to my knowledge. ive asked all of my friends to see if they can think of anyone that might have a reason to dislike me and spread this slander.. but alas they come up with the same conclusion. like i said, i dont make enemies. im thinking it could be a girl that fell for me a while back but i didnt return her feelings.. tho for the life of me i cant remember anything like that happening, i dont lead girls on so that there isnt this confusion in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    if you're serious...go here and file a complaint:
    http://www.ic3.gov/
    he/she will have the police knocking on their door in a few weeks.
    Last edited by DSillustration; August 6th, 2006 at 02:37 AM.
    - Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 'stoph.
    i guess you could say im part of the "scene", that being the hardcore/metal scene, and in this particular branch of society a lot of backstabbing is done, particularly by angsty 12 year olds.
    Did you accidentally step on their foot in the mosh, or windmill them too hard in the circle?

Seriously though. I know it's hard to ignore things said about you and those close to you that hurt, but the worst thing you can do is respond to them. To them, it means that they've got the upper hand.
    However, should this spill over into real life, I'm sure some polcie presence would rattle their cage a bit...
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    Fill out the form that DS linked to. Best thing you can do at the moment.
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Fill out the form that DS linked to. Best thing you can do at the moment.

yeah and watch your information security, if she can just "hack your hotmail account" in the flick of her wrist like you claim theres something wrong and you are being lax somewhere along the line. And if your asking other people to hack her stuff for you good luck, its far less straightforward then you seem to think then.

My guess is its a prank, a mean spirited one maybe but nevertheless a prank. Including your friend and your sister justproves you have met this person before and probably know them fairly well.

Never the less even if you dont care about the content of the information, watch it anyway cause your feeding this person new stuff all the time if you reply. Honestly chances are if you ignore it it will go away.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts
    I know where you live.

Best to do wat DSillustration says. do it! do it now!
    stupid bastard stalker, if i could hack, i'd gladly find out who it was for you.
    but hackings hard.. hope they stop bothering you soon, and red rooks got a point, they must know you pretty well, could just be a prank. good luck

Thanks
    Might help to google up stalkers. Try to get into their minds, learn their basic tricks, how they best function. You might be able to give them a taste of their own medicine.

But all things in the right order, contact the authorities or the citizen's advice bureau, get some free legal advice. Don't let cunts like them prevent you from getting about your routines.

Thanks
    I would definitely follow DSillustration's advice. I'm also a bit perplexed how someone can just hack into your e-mail account. Did he/she just guess the password or is there some security flaw?

If you wake up in an ice bath and our spleen is gone, my wife's gonna kill us.

Thanks
    I had no idea you could actually get stalked online, I mean, what next? Rummaging through your virtual trash basket? jeeez...

Good-luck sorting the bastard out!..

Mx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I had no idea you could actually get stalked online, I mean, what next? Rummaging through your virtual trash basket? jeeez...

Good-luck sorting the bastard out!..

Mx
    Well, google makes things a lot easier. If I remember correctly for a conference or article some guy googled a lot of infomration about Eric Schmidt (Chairman of the Executive Committee and Chief Executive Officer, blahblah) and was able to get a lot of information that should not be easily available. Google was really pissed at that guy. I don't know when exactly that was but it started when the privacy concerns about google got popular. On the one side you have an easy source for information but on the other hand this source can be abused easily too.
    Companies are already googling prospective employees and look for blogs/information.

To end this post I could insert here a quote about the relation of knowledge and power but I have think everyone can google a nice one.

Thanks
    Did he/she just guess the password or is there some security flaw?

well apparently there was a major security loophole in hotmail at one point and people could break into an account using simple html. However that was like, back in 99 or something. I really have no clue what im talking about but for all intents and purposes it should be using public (asymmetric) key cryptography, and unless shes watching your every move and your pswd gets sent in the clear its technicaly uncrackable, without a good deal of the ol social engineering (tricking you into giving out your pswd) Thats atleast how it works in my mind i really have absolutely no idea what im talking about. Dont tell this person anything and they wont have anything to use on you. That simple.
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    wow what a response. thankyou all for caring so much!

when talking to them they apparently had me added with an older address. this being so, the odds of them being a girl are about 99.9%, because i have barely any guys on my msn. my passwords are always cryptic, and i generally have a different one for every application. ive been responsible about my details, and have never given any clues that i can think of as to what my passwords are.

ill definately follow the advices given here. oh, and dogfood, ill let you have my spleen if yours is stolen in the night. only because i stalk.. i mean heart you.

Thanks
    network security rarely has anything to do with whether anyone can guess your password
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com

Thanks
    I dont understand the point in stalking..Its just a waste of time and energy.
    They probably need to get laid or something..sorry cant help you dude, good luck though.
    Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.