Neck POV decapitation. Warning..real ecky.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Neck POV decapitation. Warning..real ecky.

Hello all,

this was a WIp that started out as a Wacom sketch and got itself all involved and such. I kept it as a line drawing, as it's comic book character of mine, although I may paint it someday. Crit away please, thanks.!BTW, I know the neck cross section anatomy is ridiculous, as I said in WIP, I was afriad to seek out severed head reference...yeeeek.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eerr..um..at the risk of coming off like a complete noob, why was this moved here?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow. thats pretty cool man. never seen a pic like that before.

i think the hand cutting the head in the back should be in front a little more so we can see it. or maybe back a little more. i just noticed that the sword cut thru the arm of that guy too. very nice..

i dont think u need both of those blood streaks going across the screen. try to use just one instead and see how that looks. i like the one on top.
    the neck meat looks good to me, but im sure sum1 will post "study the neck anatomy" or sumthin like that. i think its good enuf cuz it kinda got that cartoony look wit the dog face and all.

the head thats flying in the background looks a little off. like the angle isnt right or sumthin. anyway, i like it man. i wanna see some more from this comic u drawing

- Sick.L

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My only crit is adding a bit more texture to the skin to your character. Maybe more striations in the muscle. Other than that I think it looks great, if a little bit gruesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the heros right (in the back) hand doenst read at all.... it really took me some time (and sicklesicks comment) to even notice it and the cut off head... and it took me even longer to notice the cut through arm...

the biggest problem here imo is that everything is of equal importance.... no focus.... no artistic goal to guide your audience.

ps: just for sickelsick... " study neck atanomy" ^^

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As you said, this is a wip, meaning its not finished, thus it does not belong in the finished section. Anyway, I think one of your main problems is that your colors look flat. Instead of shading colors with black, use a darker version of that color. The pose isn't really that great and the whole composition is jarring. I understand that your trying to make it up close and such, but I think that maybe use a larger canvas with more of the body showing or a diffrent angle. Also, I think the cartoony dog face clashes with the whole art style and it really takes away a lot from it. As soon as I saw that cartoony face I started to not like this, But as I looked at the details in the background and looked at the other guys I realized that you've got something going here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvisMcVegas
    As you said, this is a wip, meaning its not finished, thus it does not belong in the finished section. Anyway, I think one of your main problems is that your colors look flat. Instead of shading colors with black, use a darker version of that color. The pose isn't really that great and the whole composition is jarring. I understand that your trying to make it up close and such, but I think that maybe use a larger canvas with more of the body showing or a diffrent angle. Also, I think the cartoony dog face clashes with the whole art style and it really takes away a lot from it. As soon as I saw that cartoony face I started to not like this, But as I looked at the details in the background and looked at the other guys I realized that you've got something going here.

Well stated.

Strange coincidence that every man whose skull has been opened had a brain.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.