Thanks

Call For Entries!!! Art of Koni Waves

After two of four issues of Koni Waves have been published and some pretty cool professional as well as ameteur Pin-Up art has been done based on the book, we've decided to do an "Art Of" book entitled Making Waves: The Art of Koni Waves. As of right now we've got art from the creators of the book as well as other illustrators, and we're looking for more creative artists to join us in this collection of Koni Art. It doesn't matter if you are professional or not, we just want to see some good art. If you're interested here's what you do...

1. Visit our website to familiarize yourself with the book and it's characters
    2. Create a finished illustration, preferably color, based on the book (The illustration must contain at least one of the characters from those listed in the "Character Bio" section of our website. Prefferably Koni herself. And don't worry, the illustration does not have to be based on any specific storyline in the book. Just make it look cool.)
    3. Send a lo-res image to roughsketch@comcast.net where myself along with the books creators will judge the image. You may also post the image on this thread, but be sure to send it to our email as well to ensure that we see it as quickly as possible.
    4. If your illustration is accepted, we will email you back requesting a High Resolution version of the image.

OH! And the best part is, it is FREE to enter!!!

The deadline is a tight one, but worth it. Your art will be published for a Baltimore Con Exclusive Art Book. And if you attend the Con, you can get the book signed by the creators as well as anybody else who's art was accepted. The deadline is August 15th. We really look forward to seeing what you have to offer. If you have any questions please post them on this forum so that in case any one else has the same question, they can read the answer here.

Mike Capprotti

Here are some links to help you create:
    http://www.koniwaves.com
    http://www.arcanastudio.com/koniwaves/index.html
    http://www.comicon.com/baltimore/
    --
    Last edited by Capprotti; August 3rd, 2006 at 02:44 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks
    Damn... August 15th is such a short deadline. I'd love to illustrate some cute hawaiian girl. But Maybe next time
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    MAKING WAVES- in this pieces I was trying to give koni that Hawaii Five O feel... well Hawaii Five O with monsters

Thanks
    Dammit, I would've done this if I didn't have too many deadlines for this month! If you ever do anything like this again Capprotti, would you give me a heads up please?
    The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Hey this is awesome! You should do a story about the island I live on, Lanai. It was once said to be overrun by evil spirits until prince Kaululaau was banished there and drove them away. Of course people still think there are spirits here. They are now called Night Walkers.

Thanks
    Hey Interceptor and Dave The Original, it's too bad you can't make the deadline, I know it is pretty short. If this book is successful, we hope to put another book together.

jfwalls - That sounds like it has a lot of potential, I'll run that by our writer Mark Poulton.

Thanks
    That actually is a great idea for a story. Maybe if we do a 2nd mini-series. By the way Mike, excellent job with the website and this thread!

Thanks
    One more week, plenty of time for art! Here's another entry, This one's really cool, very Illustrator and graphic. I like it!

Here's his website if you wanna check out more stuff.

http://www.strongstuff.net/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Poulton
    That actually is a great idea for a story. Maybe if we do a 2nd mini-series. By the way Mike, excellent job with the website and this thread!
    Got to correct the name for you guys. They're called Night Marchers not Night Walkers. Also, if you ever wanted reference shots from the island I'd be glad to help you out. There's all kind of cool things around. Like the ruins of the old chinese fishing village. There's a graveyard and some walls from an old church there. It disappeared because of the supposed curse on the island which dooms everything to eventually fail.
    Last edited by jfwalls; August 8th, 2006 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanx jfwalls. Good lookin out.

Mr. Visions - Sounds good Chris, we look forward to seeing your work!

Thanks
    OH, if anybody needs reference for KONI, let me know we've got loads of photos.

Thanks
    If you could shoot me an email with the references or a link to them, that would be fantastic. I send you a pm with my email address -

- Visions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Visions
    If you could shoot me an email with the references or a link to them, that would be fantastic. I send you a pm with my email address -
    Same here also please. My Email is in your PM.