Comic page WIP

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Comic page WIP

Thanks

Comic page WIP

Well it's been a long time since I dared to post any of my art here but here I go again.

This is the first panel from a comic I'm making. It's a monthly type of thing and this will have been issue 3 once finished. The bad part is that it's supposed to be finished by the end of July but I doubt I'll be able to make it.

Have spent roughly 3 hours so far on this panel and there are 7 more to go. The mushrooms are still to be rendered and they will be time guzzlers no doubt.

Uhm, I'd like as many crits and comments as I can get on this, especially about how to make those clouds look better... don't have a tablet which I know isn't an excuse but somehow every cloud tutorial out there with clouds looking the way I want them takes wacoms for granted.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Just a suggestion, I think you would probably do that fasters if you were using non-digitall media. As for the clouds you should look for ref, look at it and try to do it the way you see it.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Here's some more progress on this, it's surprising how little time I have had this weekend (which was meant to be fully devoted to colouring... damn RL) to work on this. Going to miss the update

I probably wouldn't work much faster using nondigiutal media because the only thing I have with colour is pastel and I'm not quite used to that just yet.

And for the clouds, yeah I've tried looking at ref but I jsut can't seem to find the technique to replicate it.

Also do you reckon I shoudl add CG shading to the mushrooms too, or just leave them as is?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Taking way way too long.

Thanks
    Well here is the finished panel, without some text to it... now to go do the rest...

Comments appreciated

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.