Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Yeah your animals are looking good! Really like the last fish. The design on the two dinosaurs facing eachother is clean.

Think the perspective on the pen holder is a bit off actually. Look at the inner upper ring. Its not aligned with the others the right way. You need to make the line over the widest points of the circles face in the same direction, but you probably knew that.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Tadaaa! (Heroic theme plays) Page three! And it only took me just over four months to get through page two! Ah well.
    Thanks, Chr! Yeah, my pen stand isn't perfect. It's proportions are off as well; the whole thing should be more squat. I needs to do some more of those still lives!
    I also need to scan some of my new sketchbook pages. Mr. Hogarth has been teaching me how to draw a proper head. But (Peewee Herman: "Everyone I know has a big but!"), I moved recently and as of yet my scanner hasn't joined me. Oh well.

Thanks
    hey man lovely drawing stuyle nice and loose your paintings also improved a lot. sometimes I am missing some contrast. keep on going my friend

SSG 33

-|Nyx|-|Ostrander|- |(c)|-|Machineabuse|-|Anthriel|-

Thanks
    sometimes I am missing some contrast.
    Yeah, that's something I struggle with. Thanks for the comments!

Edit: And what the hell, I'm now level 7.
    Last edited by Moai; February 17th, 2007 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks

Hogarth Studies

I'm finally sitting down with Drawing the Human Head and doin' some studies.
    The images:
    -Simplified head shapes, drawn directly from Hogarth.
    -Some very quick sketches for a picture idea. In the picture, a large predator (mammal or reptile, haven't decided yet), is snarling over its kill, while a pack of smallish, stout-bodied, two-legged crocodilians harass it. In the sketches below, the big-headed creatures are my ideas for the large predator, and the long-snouted ones are the crocodilians. Actually, they're probably lizards rather than crocodilians, because it's more likely for a lizard that already lives on the ground to evolve into a two-legged running form than an aquatic crocodile.
    -More Hogarth studies: the basic forms of the facial mass, then some eye and nose studies. Plus, some more crocodiles and other animals. Lately I've been struggling a bit with my creatures. I can see them fairly clearly in my mind, but I can't seem to draw them right! It's kinda frustrating.
    -I thought I'd show off my newfound nasal prowess by drawing a walking nose with legs growing out of its nostrils. And a Santa hat. I drew this absurd little character many times in the margins of my high school notebooks. Also, a mouth study, and some attempts to draw some heads on my own. The top left and middle right ones are useless, but I like the one on the bottom right. He's a character from one of my many little stories/worlds. His name is Akwemweya. He's very tall and lean and has a big head of dreadlocks, and because of the traditions of a religious warrior sect he used to belong to, his skin is blank white, except for black markings on his face. I imagine him having very angular and non-Caucasian features; the way I drew isn't quite perfect, but it's close.
    Anyway, I'd love to hear your feedback on these heads and faces.

Thanks
    nice man i like your little animels they look believable keep pushingcontrastin your paintings

SSG 33

-|Nyx|-|Ostrander|- |(c)|-|Machineabuse|-|Anthriel|-

Thanks

Dinos and aliums!

For those of you who recognize that mispronunciation of aliens from "Rugrats", you're alright.
    Anyway, here's the current progress of my interminable Thunder Beasts painting. I haven't had much time to work on it, but even when I do work on it, progress is slow. Oh well. I'm not gonna worry about it.
    The second one is my entry to the Daily Sketch Group topic "Dinosaurs Encounter Crashed Alien Space Ship and Survivors" or something like that. It was fun. I'm working on my values and contrast. I also need to work on my technological drawings; that spaceship looks like crap!

(c)- Thanks for the comments!

Thanks
    Okay, this is one of those times when I'm so happy with the way something is turning out that I have to post it, regardless of its incompleteness. Here's a large bird that's been waiting to be painted for a few weeks now. Not a groundbreaking design, but I like it, and this is largely a practice image in any case (practicing rendering feathers, scaly skin, and eventually vegetation). So yeah, I'm having fun.
    The second image is a weird little landscape I'm working on at school. I'm practicing with light and shadow. It was fun to do, but it's definitely unfinished.

Edit: Yep, the second image has plenty far to go. It looks like colored mashed potatoes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    #127 is really hot Moai - a nit pick comment is that you should look over the shadows on the ground.

still it's lub from me.
    SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    Thanks, Dan! Your comment about the ground isn't a nitpick at all, as I haven't even touched the ground on that picture since quickly sketching it in at the beginning. That picture still needs a lot of work. I've just been taking a bit of a break from it.

Here's a sketch page from me. I realized it's been a while since I did a good old fashioned page of improvised creature doodles. 'Twas fun!

Thanks

Back to Hu-Huffle

Here's the beginnings a landscape piece for school, set in the land of Hu-Huffle. Hu-Huffle is a Seuss-esque world, but with a working ecosystem that has many weird plants, which are fun to draw. It's mostly just somewhat unsaturated mid tones right now, no highlights or shadows, but it'll come along. I'm trying to catch a certain quality of light and shadow that has so far eluded me, the quality of light you can find in works by M.C. Barrett and Atmospheria's landscapes. I'll post some links later.

Edit: Lucky post #777! To bad I'm not playing Final Fantasy. I'm such a nerd.

Thanks
    Here's some updated images on my latest Hu-Huffle piece. I may start a thread on this in the WIP section, or put it in the Critique Center when it's further along.
    I was going to post a closeup of the most completed portion, but the attachment manager and Photoshop conspired against it.

Thanks
    The last one is becoming great!!The rendering look fantastic!

Thanks
    Thanks, Camara! Your words are very encouraging.

Thanks
    'Nother update. In a week or so I'll have some major school stuff out of the way, so I'll be able to draw a lot more. I'll also have my scanner, so I can post stuff.

Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.