Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    A pencil sketch and some thumbs for this week's CoW.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks
    I must say I do enjoy looking at your creature thumbnails. Keep that pencil drawing man!
    Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    I love your little pencil thumbs, they make me want to wear an octopus on my head as well.

When youre fully adapted to your wacom youll be a force to be reckoned with

Thanks
    I like the progress of your cow entry.

Really nice sky. but i think it lacks focus now and balance between hard/soft ... but its still a thumb...

Thanks
    Mr Man- Thanks, you lesbian in a man's body you!
    Supervlieg- Thanks, buddy. I'm glad to hear you say that. Slowly but surely, I'm getting the hang of this digital art stuff. It's no so much my tablet that's challenging me as it is Photoshop, the quirks of its brushes, the different painting modes, handling the layers, etc.
    Chr- Thanks for the crit. The final is below. As you can see, there's still an issue of hardness and softness going on. Most of that has to do with the fact that I've never painted serious clouds before, but the creature could be a little sharper. I think I cleared up the issue of the focal point, though. I recieved plenty of great help from the folks over in the CoW forums.

Here's "No Legs, No Wings, Incredibly Fast" and "Hypnotizing," my most recent CoW entries. This week I'm doing and Environment of the Week as well, so I'll post my progress on that. I also have some sketches to scan and post here, so stay tuned.

Thanks

Manticore

Here's another little something I'm working on, between school and chores and the weekly activities. It's a full color illustration of my manticore. Dragon4lunch gave me the idea. I'm loosely following Chuck Wadey's Hypnotizing tutorial (http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79449).

Thanks
    Three updates in just under two hours! Here's some thumbs for EoW. I think I'll have to do a third one that's a hybrid of the two, since there're things I like and dislike about these.

Thanks
    Great works man, I really enjoyed going through this SB. Keep it up!!
    ~Mau Fournier

Thanks
    Thanks, Mau! I will keep it up. This website has made me more excited about doing art that I've been in years.

Here we have my mostest favoritest humanoid insect ever: the Tsiktsik. I expect to have much more fun with him. Also, a cactus house, a pipe, some fungipillers, and the first stage of my "Rumble in the Jungle" final piece.

Thanks
    really like the jungle piece.. but i have problem telling what is happening. is the t-rex sleeping or dead? I guess it fell from the tree? Or did the tree hit him? You could maybe show that the tree have fell recently through fresh dirt and vegetation.

Edit: its more obvious what have happened than what i first thought.but not extremely clear. yet.

Thanks
    Chr- It's not a T-Rex, it's a made up crocodile-like creature called a Terrasuchus. It's sleeping, not dead. It was made for "Rumble in the Jungle," this week's Environment of the Week. It has a very slow metabolism and often slumbers for weeks after feeding, long enough for moss and lichen and whatnot to start growing on it. What's happening is probably much more apparent in the contect of the EoW thread. Thanks for the critique.

Here's the description.

Description: Golden sunlight filtered through the canopy of a southern Pangaean jungle. An Eospinus, a small pelycosaur, scampered over mossy tree routes in pursuit of tasy gliding lizards. Just as it was about to leap and snatch its prey out of the air, the Eopspinus paused. It lacked true ears and could not hear the deep rumbling sound, but it could feel the vibration of the ground beneath its feet. Uneasily, the Eospinus tasted the air with its forked tongue, and registered the unmistakable scent of the most powerful predator of its age, the Terrasuchus. The Eospinus scurried away. The Terrasuchus slept on, its slumber uninterrupted, the deep rumbles of its snores striking fear into the heart of any creature to hear them. The Terrasuchus had eaten well. It had slept, digesting, for six weeks, until moss and lichen took root in its hide and it became part of the landscape. But now, in the mysterious depths of its primitive mind, there was a familiar stirring. The Terrasuchus was hungry again, and would soon feed.

And here's my progress. I'm not sure whether the final should be flipped horizontally or not. Thanks to Chuck Wadey and his excellent tutorial!

Thanks
    Here we have: a page of sketches for "Trick or Treat," last week's CoW, some sketches for this week's CoW, my lousy final for last week's CoW, and my final for "Rumble in the Jungle."

Thanks

Life Sketches Dump

Here's a whole buncha pages from my life drawing sketchbook that I thought were worthy of posting here.

Thanks

Gotta Ketchum all!!

These are some of the funnest things I've drawn in weeks! Pokemon redesigns on toned paper. You'll be seeing a lot more of these from me, methinks.
    For the Pokemon redesign thunderdome challenge, I think I'm going to choose Bulbasaur and its evolutions, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1