Art: Is this a good camera?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Is this a good camera?

I have a Fujifilm FinePix A360, with 4.1 Megapixels. I got it for Christmas(I just asked for a digital camera), and havent really used it much.But, here are some of the things that I do know about the camera....

- It has an Auto, Manual, Portrait, Landscape, Sports, and Night mode.
    - I can adjust the settings for Macro, Flash, Quality, Self-Timer, Continuous Shooting, Exposure Compensation and White Balance.
    -The flashes are Auto, Red Eye reduction, Forced, Suppressed, Slow Synchro, and Red Eye Reduction+Slow synchro.
    -For the zoom, it is 105mm to 378 mm.

And, in the manual, it talks about Trimming, Protecting Images, and something about DPOF.

I know this is very "noob-ish" question, but thats because I dont know anything about cameras. Any help is appreciated, and can someone explain what the different flashes are best for? I couldnt figure it out by reading the manual. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont think there is a good or bad camera, its all relitive to what you compare it with. If you like it and think your getting good pics out of it. isnt that enoth?

I do hope your having fun with it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, you're right. Doesnt high megapixels mean better quality? I've seen photos taken with 2.1 megapixel cameras and they looks great. Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    commen miss conseption, diffcalt to explane its mainly about noise and the actual size of the CCD, a lot of manufactures are craming 7-8 MP on small compact cameras, this is a problem, the smaller you make the pixles the more light that is needed for them to regester. the more gain that is needed, the more noise that is generated. the main reason a DSLR is much more expensive is the fact that the CCD is much much larger, (it costs lots more as the yeald they produces at this size is much smaller) there is much less noise on a DSLR hense you can use the higher ISO settings.

the megapixal rating of a camera is not a good way of judging the quality of a camera, read revews, look at the sample pictures who makes the lence ect. A bad lense can make a good camera useless.....
    hope this helps you understand a little (this is all as far as i am aware please dont slate me if its not 100%)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.