First Post
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: First Post

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face First Post

This is my first post on Conceptart and I am glad to have been imformed about it. I really like the community here, much better than deviant art, because everyone there is too afraid to give real critique and help(That and fangirls, people who take bad "myspace pictures" and call it art, and the fact that amateurs like me get little to no recognition). Although first intimidated by the number of professionals and talent, I realized after reading the forums that you guys are here to help. Your advice would be most helpful and welcome.

The two landscapes were done in MS paint. The bird painting was created using oil. All others were done in flash mx 7. Oh! and I knew this was the place for me after reading the insect battle thread

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooh! an MTG fan, eh? well, Ertai, I think that you have a ways to go. The use of mandarin oranges in the first picture would have been FAR more effective had the photo actually been sharp enough to discern the shapes easily. The extremely sharp edges of the girl contrast poorly with the background.

The first of the two landscapes is freaking fantastic - ms paint pointillism or actual painting?

The portraits are ok, but not amazing. Remember that even when working in a flat medium, the shapes you're painting are round. Do more like the second to last piece; you get the feeling of depth in her hair.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.
    .SKETCH.
    .CGHUB PAGE.

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the dude with the beard.. i dunno why but i do.. it conveys a certain charm... very cool.... the first one however.. thats a totally different story..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by panda
    ooh! an MTG fan, eh? well, Ertai, I think that you have a ways to go. The use of mandarin oranges in the first picture would have been FAR more effective had the photo actually been sharp enough to discern the shapes easily. The extremely sharp edges of the girl contrast poorly with the background.

The first of the two landscapes is freaking fantastic - ms paint pointillism or actual painting?

The portraits are ok, but not amazing. Remember that even when working in a flat medium, the shapes you're painting are round. Do more like the second to last piece; you get the feeling of depth in her hair.
    Thanks panda you are entirely right about the oranges!!! Unfortuneatly I had forced myself to use the picture since I had just finished eating the five cans it took to take the picture, perhaps I will draw the background instead.

I'm not sure how do pointillism in paint, but I just zoom in and do it pixel by pixel with pencil tool.

I will keep your advice in mind as I am asked to do a lot of those portraits for friends. THanks again!!!! super helpful! And Yeah, I used to play MTG but I am a real fan of the art. It has always been beautiful.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.