Phait Guest

Post Who's in/from Wisconsin?

And whereabout in WI? Curious..

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ...i am not...

Thanks
    In about 4 days I will be. Goin to Madison. What's it like?

Mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Phait Guest
    I haven't really been in/around Madison - I only got on a 2nd bus from there to home. But as far as Wisconsin goes, the weather is great lately. Other than that we usually have god awful cold winters and moderate to hot summers.

What's bringing you to Madison?

BTW - linked you Love your work

Thanks
    Thnx!
    I got a job at Raven Software. game art (3d, 2d). I lived in North Dakota for 7 years, so I'm no stranger to cold weather. I'm, in a sick, twisted, kinda way, I'm looking forward to the weather.

Mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    I live about 3 minutes from Wisconsin in Minnesota. Been in and through Madison a couple times. I definitely got a good vibe from it. The college town atmosphere kind of slinks through the town and even though it is like DEEP in the middle of the state it doesn't feel at all like you are trapped on a milk farm or anything.

Plus Raven is awesome so you will have fun and stuff

Phait Guest

Talking HOLY SHIT!

You're working at Raven?! AHHHHHHH awesome! Major congrats that's beyond words! I e-mailed a buncha concept artists there (among other dev's) still waitin on a reply - mind if I drop em by you?

I originally asked if I could actually meet w/ an artist and get a look at what their job is like or if I couldn't just refer me to any artists that were open to the questions being e-mailed - and they didn't say yes or no - they just said to go to the list of artists and contact them there - Better than nothing though!

Congrats again that's sweet

Thanks
    I am so new to the gaming industry, that I'm not just wet behind the ears, but flowing rivers behind my ears. I can try to answer any questions you might have, but I'm not sure I'm the best one to answer them. drop me an email or PM me.
    mitch@mcotie.com
    Mitch

Thanks
    MITCH I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU DUDE! I knew you would get something right away when I saw your work on the walls at the Art Institute. You have an AWESOME work ethic and you are an inspiration to us all. You are the prime example of what everyone should do to get into the industry...do whatever you can (work security at night) to go to school and learn and draw like a madman. Dude I'm so excited for you...unbelievable dude...hey man I am going to be in South Dakota...not tooooo far away!