Art: Warpy's Photo Thread

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Warpy's Photo Thread

hey folks, i have been taking pictures for a few years now, its been quite a while since i have had a real camera, for these i am using my cellphone camera or my sony 5mp snapshot.

i would like to see some replies, opinions, critique, etc etc..

thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    With the first picture I can't help but think of a grandfather clock with the pendulum swinging in the middle.

I'm not really taken with these picture, but I do like no. 2. Everything in the background seems so fast paced and bright, but she's just standing there neither fast-paced nor shiny.

Thanks
    hey thanks for replying,
    thats a realy nice analogy. i am going to remember that
    about the second picture, considering that i took it with my cellphone camera i realy glad you like it.

Thanks
    from last night's mini concert. looks kind of okay, didnt even have to color correct. taken with my phone camera

Thanks
    I see little to no artistic value in these pictures. For one thing, if you're limiting yourself to a camera phone, you cannot be creative with exposure and thus you cannot claim that the various blurs etc were intended.

So then, if using a camera phone, you should be capturing unusual subjects or making nice compositions, but these mostly seem like snapshots to me, with no thought or consideration.

So what do you want us to say? Nice... evening? Hope you had a ... good time?

Thanks
    yes you can be creative, not with exposure but with other things that you have to your advantage, the blurs were an affect of using no flash at all and taking the picture in that lighting with night shot settings causing the camera to wait until it got enough light to close the shutter.

Thanks
    umm im going to go with bill here, i almost find this insulting, thats the differnt between artwork and photograpy,
    If you can draw, paint, you can, its simple, and people will not try to when they cant, its a have or haven't talent. Photography, you can give any one a camera and they can go away and have a snap.

They will then go away and take some pictures that they think are good and post them on a forum, simple fact is a lot of people are more than happy to go around in this world trying desperately not to rock the boat as such and never say what they truly think, even if it offends. Some of the people in this forum are different, legab, claude, insain, bill to name a few. And this is why I value there opinion, because I know if i take something that is crap, they will tell me.

To be blunt, these are crap, they show no artistic composure and nothing to make me think that they are any thing more than a few photos taken on a mobial phone at a party. Im not knocking the technology, I have seen some relay creative well composed photos taken with camera phones. And i take these on there own merit based on composure, co lour and subject.

Now every one has to start some ware and i understand that. I will do my best to help, give advice, even spend time out to wright photoshop guides for people. But there is no point flogging a dead horse. you cant draw, You cant draw, you cant take a picture, you cant take a picture. its simple, and that what it all comes down to in the end

Thanks
    I like the first three pictures for their mood and the feeling they convey to me. I dont mean to be elitistic or precious about the "art of photography", but photo-technically theyre are all.. well.. crap. I know not everyone has a 10mp DSLR, but a camera phone has its limitations...on the other hand a camera phone is very good when taking candid shots. I think if you enjoy taking photographs you should do some research, get to know the basics.

Edit: The first and second are actually pretty good in some aspects.

Last edited by Morbid; October 14th, 2006 at 04:15 PM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    You have to realise no one of us own this forum. It's a forum, a place to share idea and in this case images.
    Who's to decide what's good enough to be posted or not?? If the photos dont do anything for you just leave it imo.

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Wow someone deleted my latest post? It was a valid point.

I'm out of this communist nightmare, bye.

Thanks
    Hi Ori...

Quote Originally Posted by samsite
    You cant draw, you cant take a picture, you cant take a picture. its simple, and that what it all comes down to in the end
    So, all of the people you know who can draw and take a picture, could so from the very first day the grabbed a pencil or got their hands on a camera?

Guess not.

It's simply wrong. With every artistic endeavour, the notion of some sort of inborn talent being the most important thing is just plain wrong.

Good old fashioned work, commitment, study is. Talent is just the last bit that helps you intuitively decide what is just good and what a masterpiece and then you go and hide all the good pieces of art til only the masterpieces remain.

Here's a bit of c&c:

In the first post, I like shots 1,2,5 and there's something you could do about them to make shots likt those better:

In shot 1, the man's look is wonderfully gentle and well caught. It is not completeley in focus which is a pity. I don't have a handy cam myself (bastard! ), so I don't know what you could do to push the sharpness.

shot 2 features a beautiful girl with a beautiful smile. The fact that people around her are blurred is actually quite nice, imo, so the shutter time I don't mind. Problems here: her hand should be in the picture (Ori! The hand! The gesture, man!) and the lens flare. You can avoid these on real cameras with a lens shade (correct english term?), but on handy cameras you're screwed, I guess.

shot 5 is another great look. I also like the lighting slightly from the back. His head should definitely be completely within the frame, though.

P.S.: I'm a bit disappointed to read those strange remarks in this thread. Isn't this forum about feedback and getting better?

Thanks
    no mu, its about thrashing. and lucky for them i was here to take the virtual beating lol. too bad for them though, i just read it heh.

i appreciate the crit mu.

Thanks
    you cant draw, You cant draw, you cant take a picture, you cant take a picture. its simple
    well thats the complete quote and i stand by it. I understand what you are saying and i take on board your comments. I will however agree to dissagree with you, Ill sum it up for you. I cant sing, no matter how much i try, go to a voice coach ect, I will never be able to sing. I dont have the voice, or the tone, I feel its the same with mostthings that take some creativity. I can draw, I can draw stick men, but no matter how hard i try, and i have. Im not ever going to up to the standerd of CA and some of the pople on here. I lack the sheer emadgenation.
    I hope that explanes were i stand on this. I know one starts off a artist but i beleve there has to be a spark there first. If its there, great and i realy hope that warpy works on it. If it isnt. there is little point

Thanks
    dude, i thought i couldnt draw some 2 years ago, with hard work i am at this level

so if you cant draw, LEARN...

Thanks
    nice work there warpy, you clearly have some talent in the drawing area. Please don't take this as a personal attack against you, because its note. Also please note, I was using the
    you cant draw, You cant draw, you cant take a picture, you cant take a picture. its simple
    As a example, not if you can draw, you automatically can take good photos. I do honastly wish you all the best in the future with your drawing and if you continue with it...Your phtograpy.
    And if you come back here in 6 months with the level of work I see here on a daly bases from some people, Ill gladly eat my D50.
    My final thought of today (or very early morning) is that I was perhaps a little harsh with my comments, I think that people need to develop and learn. And ill do my best to help and give advice. I also still stand by all of my past comments
    All the best
    Sam

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.