Minneapolis love Drawing and painting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Minneapolis love Drawing and painting

Last edited by warrior bahn; July 30th, 2006 at 11:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's nice, but the colors bother me a bit. Maybe desaturate a bit or narrow your color pallette?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i liked the drawing a little bit more because i thought it was more of a evening scene rather than a daytime scene.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there!

On both sets of images you posted, I MUCH prefer the sketches....it's just like more love and attention to lighting and contrast and detailing was given to them. You took almost all of that away in the painted versions. The bench is a perfect example of what I mean...in the sketch, it's all nice and straight and in the painting, it sort of wobbles about and has differing thicknesses. Try and use the same lvl of love for the painted versions as you gave the sketches...

You should stay away form pure black as a base color....black has no life to it and no variation...it's just black...aka boring....you could have used a deep blue, for instance, in his shirt and a nice deep green for the grass. Another thing is to stay away from the airbrush tool. It just messes up and desaturates color as well as creates a blurry visual. Your clouds off in the distance shouldn't be more sharp that the two people in the foreground. A hard edges round brush set at varying opacities will actually give you a much better result...

Speaking of the clouds, you've pretty much used two different types of rendering in this piece. For the sky, the buildings and the water, you used a cel-shaded, more comic, sharp edges and lined style, but for the trees and the couple, you used a soft-shaded technique. That just causes the trees and couple to look unfinished and even messier. This rendering would probably look a LOT better if you stuck to one or the other. The fun and fuzzy feelings inspired by the image tells me that it would look much better with the cel-shaded method....purely because to my eye, those parts of the artwork are the most atractive and fun.

The man's legs are not falling in allignment to his body....his legs should actually be somewhere under hers....right now, with the curve of his hips, his legs look like they are broken.

I actually really like the saturation of the color, though I do agree that the color pallette should be narrowed. I also very much like the playful rendering of the clouds and buildings, though the city buildings could use much sharper and straighter lines.

Ok...I'm gonna shut up now...

This is a very good begining for your piece...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very immature of you to just remove all your images like that, just because you get some critiques doesnt mean we all say YOU SUCK, we are only here to help you improve. If that is something you dont want, then I dont understand why you came here in the first place.

Putting the FUN in FORUM!.... wait...

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dont have a problem with critics and critiques you took it the wrong way...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry about that then Warrior_bahn, good to see you posted your pics again.

Putting the FUN in FORUM!.... wait...

My Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.