CHOW #35 - X90 - Cyan - Horror Movie Monster/Color topic.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CHOW #35 - X90 - Cyan - Horror Movie Monster/Color topic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ROUND #35

PLEASE CONSOLIDATE YOUR WIPS AND FINALS INTO YOUR FIRST POST.

CLEARLY DESIGNATE YOUR FINAL.

FOLLOW THE TOPIC & POST A DESCRIPTION.
    You will receive votes for every successful representation of the topic elements and for your description. The ammount of votes will be listed in the round topic.

PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC

(you can add CA logo, etc).

Please save your files starting with your nickname.

example: "Oblio_CHOW23_Platformer33 copy copy.jpg"
    -------------------------
    DEADLINE
    SUNDAY, JULY 30th
    The way the deadline works: if deadline is on a Sunday and your image is posted on that Sunday 23:59 your local time it's a good entry.
    In fact - as long there is Sunday somewhere on the planet your entry is ok. I will make the poll sometimes Monday afternoon my time (GMT +2) yet i'll have a look at the last entries.

--------------------------
    X90
    So.. we're in the process of doing a horror movie. We need the bad monster.
    Make your own horror movie cyan monster.
    Scriptwritters are still in doubt - it's a failed experiment, it's been created by .. well.. NDA issues... the main ideea is.. that .. it's color is...CYAN.
    Also - it is NOT a species... it's one sick monster... can have anything in it... just to scare the audience.
    We're looking for your proposals.
    Now... concept!

Topic elements:
    1 = Scary Monster
    2 = Cyan
    3 = Not a species

Make sure your picture contains these - you will receive 3 VOTES for each topic covered.
    5 extra votes will be offered for the description.

Last edited by Oblio; July 26th, 2006 at 09:16 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is the quick sketch...just to get the idea down, not 100% sure I'll finish - it's a decision between practice and CHoW basically. We'll see (very rough sketch...and yes, I know I 'pet the line' lol - bad habit I need to break) -
    (hosted at Imageshack)

Description Keywords: Mutated human, failed experiment to create 'perfect soldier' - able to assimilate weapons into body. (complete description not written). It's drawn to be in a 'smokey room'.

Last edited by Alzorath; July 29th, 2006 at 01:17 AM.
    Alzorath's Sketchbook

I support sketchbooks! - Subscribed to, and by:
    White Rose's Sketchbook | Matsign's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool, cool topic. But, I have a question, so this is character of the week, and you say not a species...that doesn't that mean it can't be humanoid, right? Could you elaborate on "not a species" a bit more, please?

Ars longa, vita brevis.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What does that last rule mean? "Not a species". Anyway, this topic is challenging. CYAN?

Last edited by GriNGo; July 26th, 2006 at 10:42 AM.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it means that it shouldn't make sense as a creature with an ecology and evolved traits, it should just be an all-out assault on decency. A mutated mess. That's what I'm thinking at least.

Tom Martin, stuff-drawer
    www.TomMartinArt.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    UPDATE

sadly one hour was not enough for this, but, there goes my lunchbreack

LARGER version

yeah, and a short "original" story: this dude, his name was Albert, he was some scientist of sorts, he discovered this magical stone, the legend said that if you plant the stone in your head, you`ll have enourmous powers, all the beautiful women will love you and you can take over the world! Well, the legend was wrong, and now his name is Albert the Cyan ZombieMutantSomething...

Last edited by Dominus; July 28th, 2006 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a cool idea. I think I might enter this one. I think "not a species" means like not a herd of creatures, like a herd of deer. A species means there are more of them and they reproduce and have a place in the world. This is a monster, unique, think like a creature from Resident Evil.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

In the year 2056 a small group of genetic engineers estranged from the larger community of ethical scientists gathered and sought to solve the worlds problems of overpopulation and global warming. Their unconventional solution? Make man capable of living under the sea. Their bizarre experiments culminated in a project they called X90, a being of supreme intellect, physical stamina and of course the ability to breathe in saltwater. But the experiment of course went horribly wrong, as X90's psychological make-up was entirely sociopathic. He knew he was a freak, he knew he was unnatural and now he uses genetically designed superiority to hunt the world for the scientists that created and abandoned him in their Antarctic laboratories. X90 wont stop until he has every one of their heads collected together in his underwater lair.

Last edited by Michael Jaecks; July 30th, 2006 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooon this one gives me a good idea. I'm in.

Description:
    "Her mistake had been in telling the warden that it was his child before anyone else knew she was pregnant. His fear for his job and reputation did the rest. The prison matrons and doctor were corrupt and quite willing to help cover up any evidence that she was with child and prevent a stay of execution. Then the bastard forged a request for her to be put to death in the gas chamber in her name.
    Hate seethed on both sides of the glass as she was strapped in to the chair. As the pain washed through her from her lungs, and her vision went to black something happened. Something twisted by all that hate woke up inside her and started reaching out to take revenge"

Breathtaker
    Medium undead. Amalgam of the bodies and life essences of the executed mother and child combined with hatred entities present at time of death. Creature composed of moving, fully articulate hydrogen cyanide in both liguid and gas state. Immune to physical attack. Prefers to kill by strangulation with semisolid tendrils but mere proximity is quickly lethal as well due to inhalation of cyanide vapor. Appears motivated by desire to kill prison staff, especially it's "father" the warden. As usual for monsters, Teenagers in the vicinity are targets-of-opportunity. Note: Unlike most b-grade monstrous killing machines, the Breathtaker has no particular attraction to killing those engaged in promiscuous sex, and in fact consideres it rude to interrept such acts. (Afterwards they're fair game )
    -Fuu

Last edited by fuuryoku; July 27th, 2006 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    playing around with this one-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Completely re-did mine, FINAL.

There is little known about the x90, some say he is the Devil himself, others believe he was created in a lab. Whatever It is, and where ever it came from, it doesnt care if you know or understand it, its gonna Rip you to shreds.

Last edited by dannE-B; July 31st, 2006 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Detail:

Last edited by Dr Midnight; July 31st, 2006 at 09:38 AM.
    Tom Martin, stuff-drawer
    www.TomMartinArt.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'm in

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This one sounds fun! I'll enter something if I get the chance.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Attack of the Tomatoes!

Website

Facebook

DeviantArt

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
my eyes get hurted by the words Cyan, and especially the color...
Good entries so far, i may be in this one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok...FINAL!

X90
    This being uses heat sensing to find its victims because it has no eyes. It will detect the warmth of the body, pounce on it, leaping a long distance with its powerful legs and then with with his weapon(a prehistoric bone) it continues to bash the victim to a bloody pulp which them he consumes, slicing through the flesh with razor sharp teeth, and crunching through bones with powerful jaws, not letting a drop of blood go to waste.

Last edited by Migsta; July 31st, 2006 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit guys. YOu all are fast...

Shawn Adomanis
    www.shawnadomanis.com
    Sketchbook

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!" – The Wizard of Oz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I might have time to jump in on this one but I cant be sure. if you noticed my avatar change you see what takes up another fair amount of my time. Is the fact that we are not going for a species what differentiates it from the COW?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm kind of new to all of this, but this looks like fun and good practice, I'll try it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by GratefulDread
    Is the fact that we are not going for a species what differentiates it from the COW?
    Yea, basically we're making a unique character instead of a generic monster.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dr. Fontana kept the other scientists completely in the dark. Richards worked on the DNA manipulation, Ellis was on data entry, but only Fontana had the keys to it all. The last day of the project, Fontana pronounced the work done and promised to unveil their creation the next morning. When the scientists returned at the promised hour, the lab had been smashed to pieces, not a single beaker nor data file left. The body of Dr. Fontana was found in a puddle of cyan-colored liquid, a hollow, dehydrated husk in a lab coat, clutching a vial labelled "X90".

In the coming weeks after the lab disaster was hastily covered up and the various doctors relocated to the ends of the earth, reports began filtering in to various police stations and news media outlets. Something was loose in St. Haven, something that could not be seen until it was too late, something that left the dehydrated husks of its victims behind...

"The X90" - A solitary creation of three NDA scientists. Intelligent, nimble, mutated to be strong and merciless. Its primary "habitat" is water, using its "natural" cyan coloring to blend in. Its movements sound like the gentle lapping of water against the side of a pool, slosh... slosh... sploosh. It has six appendages. Two are used for forward/backward propulsion and are made to grip with unrepentant strength as it slides itself along. Two others are used primarily for grappling with prey, holding the victim steady so that its final two, smaller appendages can suction to the victim and deprive him of his bodily fluids. The X90 has learned that animals do not have the dihydrous oxide quantity that is required to keep it alive, thus it preys almost solely on humans. Likewise, it cannot use its suction appendages to drain water from pools (not to mention the chemical problems!) or other bodies of water as it cannot maintain the proper grip.

Last edited by Tavarilyn; July 31st, 2006 at 03:47 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cognition.sb
    Yea, basically we're making a unique character instead of a generic monster.
    not to mention:
    - it can be humanoid
    - it can be an existing yet mutated creature
    - you can use... accesories... weapons, clothing, tech stuff
    - it can have mechanical parts.. or whatever... it can transform... blah blah..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    done ! >____<. I'm going with good old fashioned 90's kitsch.

In the year 2040, genetic research is breaking new grounds. Artificial insemination is now common place and a young couple, Barbara and George Smith have decided (for some godforsaken reason) that they’d like to have quintuplets. So, they go where all people go when they want to have a baby ; GenTech. Here, you can choose the weight, size and eye color of your child for a mere $900.
    Barbara and George ordered two girls and three boys, all with cyan eyes and eagerly awaited the day nine months later when their children would be born. The day came, only to their horror instead of five beautiful babies a quivering, deformed mass made it’s way into the world. Horrified by the atrocity they donated it to GenTech for research purposes.
    Life went on and the world moved on. Twenty one years later, GenTech decided that they had gathered as much information on ‘the anomaly’ as they possibly could. So they finally decided to euthanize it. However, it escaped as is now trying to find the people that brought it into this world and make them suffer like it suffers.

Last edited by cumquat; August 1st, 2006 at 12:16 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all,

I'm pretty new to these forums on CA, but I thought that these community activities look like fun

Pencil sketch for now I'm afraid >>> not 100% sure on what to put in its belly yet...

MIKE

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." Willy Wonka

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final!

The Unknown
    It was said strange creatures inhabited the swamps. The people of the nearby village suspected that these creatures took
    people that drowned and transformed them into the living dead of the swamp. They were known as "the unknown". Some
    that survived the encounter with the unknown spoke of "A spider-like ghostly image rising from the swamp, Its skin blue,
    cyan even, transparent. Their limbs were protruded with long spikes, or sticks which made them very mobile in the sludge.
    Their image was truely frightening!"
    The swamp has been closed for public since a series of accidents, but people often speak of the strange silhouettes moving
    in unsettling jerky movements over the swamp and of their high pitches howles that sound through the night.

Last edited by Supervlieg; July 30th, 2006 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What's that sound??
    (WIP adding shadows and other bullshite)

Aaaaaaaaahhhhggggg!

Last edited by Bryno; July 28th, 2006 at 08:40 AM.
    !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tavarilyn yours is my favorite thus far! Very cute and creepy potential! Render and light this baby well - it&#180;ll be a winner!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dragon4lunch, thanks! Comment highly appreciated! I'll do my best on the rendering and lighting... -crosses fingers-

Cheers!
    Tav

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dominis or Asoir, no doubt. Choosing one I'd say asoir for the shapes and elegance. It stings my poor eyes a litle bit though =(.

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.