Sketchbook: the Infinit Sketchbook - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

re

You got some raw andcrazy line working going on. There's a lot of movement in them. Keep posting.

Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thank you pigeon killer

here's the beginning of a little WIP for you JERI
    It's Coletrane again Coletrane 2 will go into my portfolio since I gave away Coletrane 1 as a present to my dad

this is step 2
    step one is the pencils
    step 2 is pure ink first with a pen then with a brush for the larger surfaces
    I fill is small black areas with the pen because the brush is too inacurat (for example the boarders of the hair and sax

the pencils will be erased in most areas (like the mic where I already did it)
    to get nice clean lines
    the face wont be erased in most parts since it functions like an underpainting for the greyscale acrylics
    (be sure not to leave any erasor bits on the paper befor you go into reyscale)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah , good lines not too much to crit , you`re on the track

tho` , i would suggest doing more portraits from real life And have you been in a life-study class before (i just looked through page two and 3) ? If not...go for it ! You are already drawing quite dynamic lines but you can always improve and i think going to a life-study class would suit you perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi corky nice to see you here
    I kind of met Azurelle yesterday ^^ well.. she said you brought her here
    I did attend a life drawing class but I didn't post the results cause I don't have a digi cam
    the guy leading the course was a bit too restricting in his comments imo so I'll see if I'll do it again ^^
    so thynk you man, keep rockin' (how's your tattooist issue going?)

now for my WIP part 2

step 3: greyscale
    media: black acryl paint + water a large brush
    after eraseing the pencils where they bothered me I gave all the "soon the be shaded" areas a basic light grey
    after that I just kept adding more paint to the mix and overworked all the parts of the pic
    I added the BG here too

step 4: white
    media: white acryl paint + small brush and maybe a bit of water
    this is the fastest step since it's only there to correct mistakes and give finishing touches, like the reflections on the hair
    I use white to make my linework more subtle too (notice the chin)
    and to controle the BG more which was very loose in step 3

my sketchbook

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi! I think this might be my first post here ever! I've been a member for a little while and keep tabs on several sketchbooks!

I really like yours! I constantly am looking for new inspiration or techniques and your style per se is one of my favorites! You use ballpoint pen very nicely! I just wanted to say that your sketches constantly give me inspiration!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome! Have some stars for your troubles.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi achmetha
    thank you a lot, rly made my day

@JERI: stars? yay! thank you sir it's an honor *salutes*

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I totally forgot to write something about your stuff, I'm sorry.

Well first of all, the pros:

The poses are dynamic/ nice/ lotsa movement
    Good sense for male movement/ poses (since most artists seem to like painting pretty girls now a days that's really a plus ^_^)
    Lovely strokes/ lines/ technique with the pencil

Cons:

Heavy anatomy errors on most of the works
    (anatomy seems mostly correct on your most recent, but they do look heavily referenced - which ain't bad cause it shows that you got understanding for human figure)
    Personal taste: I'd like to see more detailed stuff from you and /or some works with color.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe , yeah , I kinda threw her in here ^^

Tattooist-issue is more or less a permanent thing for the next months/years as i have yet to finish school (thats what you get for drawing instead of doing maths and latin...) and also one year Zivildienst. But i guess thats plenty of time to get the needed money together and to become known of some tattooists. ^^

On a more subject related note (after all this is the sketchbook section) :
    Try to push the contrast in your sketches a bit more. Sometimes they are too dark and sometimes they are so light that the feel of "volume" becomes a bit lost. Also the rendering is still a tad generic (which is a problem i have to work on to ^^) ...always use 2 light-sources and make them more distinctive. I guess that would also push the yet very strong "dynamic" feel of your work.

btw. the last one is coming along very nice

keep on rockin

"Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^^ soso I somehow thought you were out of school already and trying to get a job

concerning the lightsources:
    I never used two of them but i guess I'll give it a try

here comes the update for today
    some Punk, mechanical pencil HB
    Name:  punk more final.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  95.2 KB

a centaur I'm working on for www.fantasyana.com (come on klick it I know you want to)
    Name:  jpg088.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  45.4 KB

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha , well if i could find a job that pays well enough to ferget about school and is also somewhat safe im all for it It sucks to become 20 next month and still i have to go through the final exam ... but my fault so i have to life with it ....

But PLEASE use 2 lights study old masters and you will nmotice that they are often using 2-3 light sources in their pictures. It looks far more "natural" and believable...also it would increase the volume of the image. I could draw you a small sketch to show hwat i mean , but oure on CA nad might probably find something about it yourself

THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Infinit, vielen Dank f&#252;r Deinen Beitrag in meinem Sketchbook und die netten Worte!

You have a cool sketchbook here. Keep it up... I will come and visit regularly.

Best,

Chris

My SKETCHBOOK!
    My Deviantart!

I'm working at:
    www.McPeppergames.com

My creator-owned comic... now available as a FREE digital download:
    MAYA thread here at conceptart.org
    MAYA website

Facebook
    LinkedIn
    TWITTER

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought #112 was really cool.....just the way it is. You said you were going to shade it in. Keep a version just like the one you show. I would like to see both side by side. Maybe I am wrong, but I think the one you show there will be the best. I like the lines. Its...I don't know how to explain it.....cool!

And Elvis and Ray Charles - wow. So thats what you can do with reference. Those pieces seemed to be on a whole new level. Keep up the good work.

And...again I am wondering about the story....the one that goes with #112. What happened there? Nah, don't tell me...it might spoil it. I really, really liked that piece. Do more sequentials!

"I HEAR THUNDER IN THE DESERT."
    www.leadethme.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo m,
    the stuff is lookin good man. especially lovin the coltrane, i like the way it turned out. in your pencil drawings, try to add a little variation in your lineweight. what i mean by this is to make the parts of the figure (or object) that are either heavier or in shadow have a thicker and darker line, and to the lighter parts and parts in the light have a thinner and fainter line. a good example of where this would be useful would be your "punk" drawing. ill do a P-over if i get a shot, its past my bedtime now. anyway, hope all is well with you, and thx for stopping by my SB before; i dont think i saw the reply until now, cause i havent been on CA for like, forever and a day. anyway, take care dude, and keep fighting the good fight.

original and
    paintover

Last edited by purb36; February 16th, 2007 at 12:00 PM.
    -A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey some pretty interesting designs in here! But... where are the anatomy studies? /lecture /lecture

Keep up the nice work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Corky: yo I kind of tryed it here... I don't think I got it right -.-"
    I'll keep trying
    @Chris:thank you dude, very glad to hear that
    @g.owen: nice to see you again, and thx for the feedback. I didn't keep the version you mean : /
    I just overpainted it
    @purb: I love you so much purb *hugs* thank you for the effort, the scanns come out a lot more light then the originals I got to do something about it
    @naomiful: heyhey didn't think you would reply here
    veeeeery kind of you (since I just droped a rather short line in your SB)
    I must confess to not do those anatomy studys from books, I draw from life when I got the possibility and visited a life drawing class
    but the outcome of the class was too big in format to scann and I don't own a digi cam
    thank you for the support (your soo much cooler then mine )

so now for something completely different
    like art and shit
    after accidently whipeing out all my files I set up the OS new and intalled painter essentials again, I decided to give it a new try after leaving it alone frustrated the last time
    here is the outcome still in B/W since I suck at colour so much
    I plan to spend more time on this btw

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey inifinit long time no see .

With your last update, I think the contrast is coming along just fine. Two things stands out to me regarding his anatomy, (1) his shoulder is too small, the shoulder muscles reaches down and aligns roughly at the nipples (2) his right hand should be visibly smaller than his left hand.

I also reckon you can make his right wrist smaller to emphasis it being further away.

Looking forward to updates.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello ~! Life drawing is definitely key to getting down the figure hehe, but books offer what hopefully life drawing sessions don't offer, cut open figures with muscles and bones. >_>; The book I used most first was this book recommended to me by a figure drawing teacher called Artistic Anatomy by Dr. Paul Richer and Robert Beverly Hale and then recently with my last post a what seems like super old book I had that I never used called Anatomy, a complete guide for artists by Joseph Sheppard.

I found that drawing parts (some bones, muscles, etc) over and over would help me learn them. Seems tedious and pretty damn boring, but I dunno.. sometimes I just get in the zone and WANT to draw the stuff over and over. :/ Afterwards it's a relief to know that when I am looking at the live figure, the knowledge of what's underneath makes sense with whatever is on top (shoulder muscles, kneecap, whatever). And then drawing from imagination.. blah blah you've heard it before ~

A lotta times I copy from the book.. then turn around and try to sketch from memory a dude or w/e, and if I get confused, relook at the book for reference. But as everyone knows, it never is only one sitting of copying/drawing to get it right. Sooooo... keep practicing! haha -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi I'm back for an update on my latest pic

@JERI: thank you a lot for your crits, I tried to use them on the shoulder
    concerning the hands: they are of different size (I now even shortened them a little more )
    @naomiful: very kind of you to step by
    I'll have to get one of those books or cut open ppl da vinci style ^^"
    whatever works out easyer

and then I'll practice practice practice

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Stuff here dude. I tried to go to that FantasyAna link and I'm getting a page not found error, just thought I'd bring it to you attention.

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, there is some serious good stuff here, and I must say, it shows that you practice and do loads of sketching, the third page here is just heaps better then the first page (not that the first page sketches where that bad, not at all). Keep going at it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool man!
    Don't be afraid to step the value range up a tad, even just in the background. It can help the attention belong where it should you know?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey manuel! always great to see new stuff from you - amazes me how you're constantly pushing yourself to learn new things. really like the head/face in the last update, got all the planes right and he's got a very cool expression. hope you're all well,
    greetings from marburg!

stine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some beautiful inkwork here, really clean, but with a controlled mess Nice anatomy. Keep it up.

Concepts and Cartography by Jared Blando

My professional Website:
    www.theredepic.com

Conceptual stream here on Conceptart:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240160

Sketchbook here on Conceptart:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...64#post3437064

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man , great last character! Looks very good
    only thing I can think of is to work more on the values around the leg-armour ^^

Keep it up!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff in here man.

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm .. I think its time for an update

Sketchbook :: Blog

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Homer Simpson, The Simpsons

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No updates Infinit? How's your holiday been btw? Still working hard for the hospital?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the screen of my fuckin iMac is broken and it's in repair (still in warrenty)
    so no updates till I get it back (writeing from the super slow-mo-no-scan machine my dad uses)
    it seriously needs 5 minuits to boot and another 5 to login into my win XP account

I still am working there but only for 2,5 weeks from now are left
    so I'm driveing around smileing at the sun

If with holiday you mean my "I'm going to try to get into this university, though I don't know shit about what a 1337 r0XX0r level the other contestants are on!" trip to Berlin
    it was nice, after I was denied at the uni I enjoyed myself a lot
    made some great friends too

well monday is the day to go to my local college and try it out!
    but the standard is MUCH lower there
    seriousley, Berlin was hardcore

my sketchbook

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 9