Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Euthyphro's SB [Nudity] Ars Picturae - Who Knows

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Euthyphro's SB [Nudity] Ars Picturae - Who Knows

For Newer Better Goodness Check the Last Page

Feel free to be harsh. It is our mistakes that we learn from, so point them out when you see them. Tu gratissimus do.

Vale-

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Euthyphro; February 5th, 2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: New Title and First Post
    "To say a work of art is good but incomphrensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but most people can't eat it." Leo Tolstoy

My Sketch Book - Old Book

Fresh Start
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey welcome on in.

I'm walking that same path of anatomical learning,
    you'll find lots of inspiration around here.
    Keep at it.

"It is like a finger pointing to the moon; do not concentrate on the finger of you will miss all that heavenly glory."
    - Bruce Lee

My Funky Sketchbook
    check it out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

First Update Ever wooohoo

Just a few pieces here, a few studies, and sketches... The last one of the lady is just a quick start... I plan to finish it on Monday (my only day off so I should be posting quite a bit more then)

"To say a work of art is good but incomphrensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but most people can't eat it." Leo Tolstoy

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Short but sweet

Alright here is about 5 minutes longer on my lady WIP, looking at it now though i noticed that the right side (her left side) is in extreme disproportion to the rest of her body.... and next a master study... i have the artist and title here some where... but i cant seem to locate it at the moment..... so ill get back with it. comments and etc appreciated....

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Long Awaited Return

Alright, So I haven't been drawing much in the last year. Till I found a long forgotten sketch book and a set a pencils that I had not seen in the last year.

Without further ado, here are a few pages from the last few nights, most of the hands are from Constructive Anatomy by Bridgman, and few sketches from Hale's Figure Drawing From the Master's, a couple drawings of my wife, sleeping and otherwise.

Please critique, harshly and frankly; no one can learn from hearing what they do right. Enjoy.

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More Hands Today!!!

Salvete amici-

More Hand Studies. All are from Constructive Anatomy (Bridgman).

Crits Welcome. Enjoy

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Old 3d Work

Just found some old renders cleaning up my computer. Thought it would add a little interest past just the studies.

Pirate Ship Model.... I fried my workstation about a year ago so this is probably as far as this project will go...

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Todays Work

This is what happens when you start drawing after six and don't stop till midnight, and then get up at 5:30 and draws some more till work. Mostly 5 minutes studies, interspersed with cigarette breaks and coffee

As previous all from Bridgman except for a few sketches of my wife.

Enjoy

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the visit! I wanted check out your work as well I wanted to say that from the start til now there is improvement. You have many wonderful studies going on here. I'm perplexed as why other members haven't critiqued your work thus far. I'm glad you came back after your long break. Very, very nice work on that ship! Very impressive. You are heading into the right path with your studies and your concept art as well. As always keep on plugging away at it! Looking forward to your next post

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

10. The Following User Says Thank You to darkchild For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your devotion. Are you into 3d? You seem good at that too. I can see your starting to add some value and contrast. Good line work and blocking. Keep up the enthusiasm.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

WhooHoo for Weekend Drawing!

Few more Bridgman Pages.

Darkchild Thanks for the kind words

Perenoid Yeah I do 3D work as well. I actually went to school for Comp Animation... even though I work as a graphic designer for a small print shop and nothing related to 3D.... sigh

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Bridgeman studies are looking good. I can't give you any better advice than to keep on doing that stuff. You'll develope not only a good sense of anatomy, but planes, perspective, forms, shading, all of it. Go through the whole book and then do it again.
    nice work.

Gilead Artist on Facebook and Twitter
    website

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gilead For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketches for Mastication

More Bridgman, just another 30 pages of Constructive Anatomy and then we can move on to something a little different.

The last page is my salute to Gilead's Book of Babes... if you like fine lines and fine ladies you should check it out... fifty pages of hot sexy goodness.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really great development, absolutely am loving the hand studies. Keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My God! He is unstoppable!

Tea Drinker Wow! Thanks... You probably can't tell, but I am blushing right now... I will definitely be keeping up on the studies, and if anyone wants to send me a copy of The book of a hundred hands...

And now for something completely... the same! More Bridgman! Woohoo!

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice book and very good studies.. You should make your own book of 100 hands!! You have a pair.. use em, look at em, draw em. Seriously Study these books when you hit a block. Don't get caught up in them. human reference is free. Pick up mags and internet. Best of all draw people around you.
    I like your wife sleeping picture. My fave so far.. You seem to be a little "liney" try to concentrate on the overall shapes and shadows. The lines fall into place.
    Wow.. that seems preachy. hope it does not come across that way. look forward to more. Cheers for dropping in. :-)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to spudstudios For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool sketchbook, lots of understanding and learning taking place. really like the bridgmen studies. don't forget to draw from your imagination if thats an element you want to develop. I can see your line confidence improve just from doing the bridgmen studies. those helped me out also. Keep up the good work. Next I want to see some torso studies and more leg studies from bridgmen. thanks for sharing

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Darktwin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tons of Updates... Constant Fun

spudstudios I don't think that sounded preachy at all. You have a very good point. I am going to try and get out this weekend and sit and draw at a farmer's market.
    I do see what you were saying about them being "liney." I tried to grab the shapes on the drawing of my wife below, and I can see immediately the improvement. Anywho I am getting long winded here. Thanks for stoppin in, and for the crit. Vale-

Darktwin First off, your SB is kickin. (For those reading this that aren't Darktwin or spudstudios, go look at their books.) Per your request I made it to the torso studies, and hopefully tonight, if Mario Galaxy doesn't distract again, leg studies.

Alright so here is last night's work. Some ears and lips, a few torso's and a sketch of my wife sleeping (in case you haven't noticed I do a lot of drawing in bed.) And last of all, a logo I designed this morning for work. 45 Minutes in illustrator.

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Few more pages today. A few Bridgman torsos, a leg, a sketch, and so forth. Sorry about the poor scan quality. I am not sure what button I forgot to press.

Be harsh.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Weekend Spoils

Alright here is work from the weekend. Piece of advice... Don't drink and draw. For those wondering you can see the results in a few of these pages... for instance, the 16 faces. It's obvious if you compare with the pre-booze face on the page with a few torsos.

Anywho. Crits welcomed, encouraged, taken in, fed and raised as my own. Enjoy

Vale-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Now that is dedication :P

Alright, I finished going through Bridgman's Constructive Anatomy last night. Here are the last few pages. The first page is pencil, the other three are in brush pen. Trying to work on my line quality. The brush pen seems to be paying off.

The figure is from a Loomis book.

Will be a few days for another post. I am off till next Monday, and spoiled at work with a very nice Xerox Docucolor for my page scans...

Crits welcome, be harsh

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice anatomy studies! I can see you are improving a lot! keep it up! Oh and the 3d pirate ship is really nice and detailed! cheers!

My Sketchbook

Life is a long lesson in humility.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice anatomy studies!
    Seems that you have fairly solid set of skills with pencil, what about other mediums and colour?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stalsby and ddes3 thanks for the kind words. Being try to nail down the anatomy.

Alright, here are few pages from the past few days. Sorry about the crap quality. My scanner at home is a bit small, so till Monday crappy photos abound. Mostly Loomis studies, a few ladies, mostly pencil, one page of brush pen, and at ddes's request a speed paint. 20 minutes, almost in PS. First time painting in a good long bit so I am moderately happy with it.

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright here it is small update. Didn't do nearly enough drawing this week, but I did beat the pants off of Super Mario Galaxy...

Little bit from Loomis, more sketches of my wife, and a refresher on 1,2, and 3 point perspective.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Little today.

Random junk, and anatomy with Loomis. More to come.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bridgman studies are coming along nicely. I really like the Pirate Ship model that you've got going on there. Do you have anymore 3-D work that you're currently working on or have worked on?

Keep up the sketching!!!

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Peetaer Thanks for the kind words. Sadly though, I burned up the motherboard on my workstation so I am not working on any 3d at the moment and most if not all of my other renders are just sitting on a HDD waiting to be remove from said fried computer. I have a Venice cityscape somewhere, and a few characters. I will try to see what I can find tonight.

Alright. So Futurama: Bender's Big Score came out (in the states) last night and between that and my wife dragging me along for x-mas shopping, I didn't even fill a page last night. The good news though is that work is slow today.

So here are my break time mouse speed paints. The first two were just warm ups to get a feel for mouse painting (about 20 mins between the two) and the third is about twice as long or so. Probably not quite 40 minutes. All were ref'd

I know its with a mouse but please be harsh.

Enjoy;
    Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In the first picture (the penciled one with the full shot of the woman) add more shading to it. You're not done with that picture.

Another note: Start inking some of these. All you need is a cheap pen from the dollar store (at the very LEAST); you'll be amazed at what happens next...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More Goodness Today!

Alright a few pages. A few more anatomy studies, really struggling to learn the arm and leg muscles.

The other three are the first half for my Spartan Camp for the week. The other half tomorrow. They are all quick gesture most about a 1-2 minutes. Maybe 3 mins on a handful. I really don't care for any of them.

ArtistDaniel_Ross I know what you mean on that first sketch, but if you check the date of the post it's actually from over a year ago, and even though I have the sketch still the ref is lost forever, so its not finished but I doubt it will be. I must say I am glad you liked it enough to want to see it all together.

I might do some longer rendering this weekend. I just get bored. As far as doing some pen sketches, if you look close some of the sketches in here are actually straight pen, and brush pen. I usually draw with a 4B or 6B pencil so the lines are generally a bit dark to ink over and clean up, but I think about

Alright here they are:

Valete-

Last edited by Euthyphro; November 30th, 2007 at 09:34 AM.

Fresh Start

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1