Sketchbook: Euthyphro's SB [Nudity] Ars Picturae - Who Knows - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Euthyphro's SB [Nudity] Ars Picturae - Who Knows

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man thanks for the visit to my sb and the nice words man. your studies are going quite well too. keep it up and keep posting man.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MeTaL-Mike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies man, the girl you did with mouse is great. I could prolly never do that.
    Keep it up man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigermilk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Metal_Mike Thanks for stopping in, and not to worry I will post till i'm blue in the face.

Tigermilk WOW! Thanks, but your to kind to me and too hard on yourself.

Not a whole lot to show for last night. A few hand studies (sorry about the crap quality on the first few... HB pencil, had to crank the contrast to see it), and then three pages of gesture studies for the Spartan Thread. The gestures are mostly from posemaniacs, a mix of 15, 30, 60 and 90 second studies. They are mixed in together but you can probably tell.

And last of all is speed paint between 30-40 mins counting the prelim. sketch. I thought it was an interesting idea. Lets call it a WIP; i might work it a bit more.

As always be harsh, even if all you have is that I should give up Cheers!

Valete-

Attached Images Attached Images            
    "To say a work of art is good but incomphrensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but most people can't eat it." Leo Tolstoy

My Sketch Book - Old Book

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff man, really like the body parts you're doing. Was happy to see you start doing some eye studies, in the first few images you posted they were more the typical "football" and I'm glad you went away from that. I'm jealous of the anatomy studies. I usually cheat once I realize I suck and start screwing up everything's proportions or make them so thin I can just slop skin over skelies.

Cheers to you, I'll check back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PieXags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, lovely studies. You are certainly headed down the right path by doing so many. NOt really much to crit, just keep on cranking out these beautiful studies, they will help you soooooooo much.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goog For This Useful Post:

Jamesy is offline Kevin Durant's Manstalker Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, this reminds me so much of my current sketchbook. I too have been stuffing as much bridgeman and loomis sketches into each page. Hopefully it works out for both of us.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamesy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments fellows.

PieXags I did notice what you are saying about the eyes, most of the facial features have a tendency to be problems spots for me. Once I get over my new obsession with posemaniacs I might try to do a few pages of all things head and face.

Goog Thanks. I will "keep on cranking" Where in Florida are you? Central, Southern, Panhandle?

Alrighty, so not a whole lot of drawing this weekend. The first two are some drunk doodles, the second is drunken posemaniac gestures, both in pen.
    The last few are from first thing this morning, some 90 second warm ups on top, and then the next row is 60 sec, the last page is all 30 sec.

More to come tomorrow.

Valete-

"To say a work of art is good but incomphrensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but most people can't eat it." Leo Tolstoy

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are two quick paints. I took the idea from Metal_Mike's Sketchbook. Enjoy

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright a few more pages, lots of randomness. There is a piss poor attempt to do a caricature of my wife (she asked... but I would not say that I delievered.... story of my life ). Caricatures are supposed to be exaggerated.... maybe next time. Other than that some gestures... a few with the brush pen are 15 seconds, the others I don't remember but they were longer. And random junk from my head and other places.

Anywho crits are welcome and all that jazz. Hopefully, I'll have some more speed paints tonight as well. Cheers!

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love all of your studies. Nice large updates. Keep at them!
    Criticism: I think you should work on faces. Your proportions on faces seem a bit weird. Just keep drawing them, then look and see what is different. Draw it again, improving on the last drawing.
    Whatever you do, keep drawing!

Feel free to criticize my work. The link is in my signature. Thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fraz Thanks for the words. It is funny it is almost as though you read my mind. Todays update.... head studies.

Here it is a few head studies and what not. A mix of "The Structure of Man" DVD series (I'll grab the link for this later and edit) and Loomis.... Start with two points... now divide, and divide, and divide... blah blah... your invention... blah blah.... divide, and divide and divide....

If you have watched any of those you know what I mean.

And then a page with a few thumbnails. My wife was working on a few pieces for a coloring book for Orange County Healthy Start (a program for pregnant women without health insurance or under economic hardship etc.). So I drew my own version of what ever thumbnails she was working on. A fun little exercise.

Alright bring on the crits.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, progress seems great so far.
    my main complain is about the digital paintings they seem a bit blurry. Maybe you should try hard brushes for making them (or at least to finish them)...

keep them coming and have fun

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Auhsan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool! You're still at it! Great studies. I especially liked the digital statues I agree with Auhsan, bring out more details to your digitals if you have some time. Add some more tone and bring out the depth. You're doing great with your studies. Keep them coming!

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

21. The Following User Says Thank You to darkchild For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Auhsan Thanks for stopping in. You are completely right about the digi works, of course it hadn't crossed my mind till you mentioned it.

Darkchild Its a pleasure to have you stop in again. Hopefully I'll make some time this weekend and work something up.

Alright here is today's mind dump. Some piss poor attempts at foliage (was reading a book on trees. I'll look for the title later), and some more Bridgman studies.

Enjoy

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Weekend Spoils

Not much to show for the weekend. Some charcoal gestures... first time I've gotten my charcoal out in over a year; I'm relatively happy with the gestures.

The next one is a christmas present for my momma. This is a portrait shot from my parent's wedding, the last one is about 2 -2 1/2 hours or so in. I'll probably (hopefully) finish this one up tonight. The contrast is all wrong on these (three are from my crap camera). I'll try to fix this on the final scan.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work. Love your studies.. Thanks for dropping in... Keep it up dude!

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude.
    Nice to see all the anatomy studies. It's good that you're mixing up your sources of studies and not just relying on a single one. The Bridgeman studies are nice.

My main critique for you right now would be draw a lot more from life, it's easy to stick to the anatomy book stuff, but push yourself out your comfort zone, one drawing at a time, and they'll become part of that zone.
    Get in the habit of carry your sketch book everywhere, I'm sure you already do, and just sketch everything.

Don't have anything to draw? Draw your other hand! The hand is a complex form which you will learn a lot from, and you've got two! So make the most of it.

Keep up the good work.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finis

HunterKiller Thanks for stopping in. Your crit is dead on. This is what I need. Frank, honest... awesome. I need to find a solid place to sit and draw.

Same piece as yesterday. All finished up.

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So Im here to return the love!
    I dig the fakt that you are working your way trough the whole body and improve your drawings with such dedication. That is worth gold!
    Im gonna try to give you fresh advise something I hope you havent heard.
    Lets start with your pencils. You have been cleaning up your lines a lot since the start of your SB and thats good. the next step is to think more about lineweight. How to aply the presure to the pensil when drawing form. Frank Cho is a perfect study on lineweight. he uses ink but look at his lines it can be applied in pencils as well. Look at how Cho´s lines changes depending on the chape of the object hes drawing.
    Start trying to fit drawed figures in a frame. It helps with composition. You dont want to start with drawing a character and you run out of paper because he end up to big for the papersize. A good exercise is to draw a couple of frames and then try to draw figures in them. Also think of it as a exersice of composition. How would this frame look if it was a finished work in one paper.
    For your digital stuff I recomend you using a more sharped edged brush so you dont get the fuzzy look. Also dont neglect studying color theory like the colorwheel and that kind of booring stuff.
    Well I think thats it for now I guess.
    Mahalo!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

29. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    B-Man So glad you stopped in. I spent the majority of the morning drinking coffee and looking through some Frank Cho works per your suggestions. Really great stuff, and I see what you mean about the line weights. I'll add it to my mental lists of snafus. The figure compositions is a really great idea as well. I'll keep working hope you stop back in.

And now for today's mind dump...not much really. Christmas-ing with the wife last night. So I was drawing after she went to sleep. My wife sleeping, and the dream bubble is a quick SP, all charcoal.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mind Dump. This is all for the Spartan Training... so you should come and join us... or don't.

In order: Framed gestures from the noggin, per B-man's suggestion. 90 second Posemaniacs Charcoal, 30 second Posemaniacs Brushpen, 15 second Posemaniacs Brushpen.

Crits and Cheers

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool, cool Nice portrait study of your parents! Your mom's eye is a bit crooked. But I wanted to say that you did an excellent job on the clothing. Very nice work and attention to detail. Also kudos to the hands looking realistic. I was thinking if you put a light tone to the background like they do in real photos it would pop out the main characters a bit more. Nice studies as always. Keep on applying what you've learned to your new pieces! I'll be back.

!darkchild!

Feel free to checkout my work:
    darkchild's sketchbook

Don't forget to visit the Critique Section!!

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

33. The Following User Says Thank You to darkchild For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darkchild Thanks for the crit man, always an good to have you stop in. I hadn't noticed that eye, but it really sticks out now. Wish I hadn't sealed and mailed it already. Same deal with toning the background.

Alright so here are the past few days mind dump. Not much I have been busy wife tending and Christmas-ing. I was working on some facial expressions for the Spartan thread; turns out that if you don't know the form of the human head that well that expressions are exceedingly difficult. Anywho... first page are some quick rough master study heads... I'm not positive where the ref came from it was a "50 head in 50 days" either from Rebbecca Kimmel's SB or maybe CGTalk... who knows... I'm sure you recognize it.

The second page are all quick gestures, did this a little different; I drew all of the legs first then came back through for the rest of the pose. Third page is gestures and rough head shapes, and finally a thumb and a squirrel. The squirrel actually started out as a funny shape that my Kneaded eraser got squished into. .... God! Enough with the words already... lets see some drawing.

Valete-

Last edited by Euthyphro; December 19th, 2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to upload! DOH!

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today's Mind Dump... More Gestures Suprise!

Valete-

Fresh Start

Krist is offline What dreams will we dream when we wander...... Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice heap of work there mate, I'll def. load some of your sheets up for practice
    nice detail in the characters and faces, compliments for ya skillz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are the last two pages from my sketchbook, rough and dirty heads. Have to find some discarded half used book tonight or I'll be out of paper.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some run studies for the Spartan Thread. Some proportions from a few weeks ago, and since I ran out of paper in one book some pen sketches of my apartment from last year when I was off work for Christmas... Just like now. I think I'll do these again this year and see if they are any better.

Sorry that the pictures are bad. My digi camera sucks...

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For today a bunch of heads reffed from a book my wife gave me. Facial Expressions by Mark Simon, and as it turns out he has a studio that is just a short drive away from here. She had no idea. Excellent. Again sorry for the poor quality.

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Little mind dump. My wife picked me up another sketchbook so I don't have to scour for blank pages any longer. Anywho alot of different things. Most of the ref is from Bridgman. Cheers

Valete-

Fresh Start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, lets keep it rockin... todays mind dump... really last nights. A few out of the head sketches and some ref'd bridgman, from a couple new books my wife procured for me.

Tu gratissimus do.

Vale-

Fresh Start

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1