The better you get the more effectively you observe your surroundings?

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Well ya know artists liek wes, lung bug, and eeespecially marko say that you should'nt take ur surroundings and life generally for granted? Well can u observe and get more out of ur surroundings the better u get, I mean just the little things I observe around me are porbably nothing compared to the photographic memory of wes and marko. I suppose this is because they've drawn and studied soooooooo much that its easier for them to study certain certain trends and patterns in their surroundings, right. And another thing u know u hear things repetitively liek study anatomy and draw from life as general rules. I don't think we can appreciate, respect and value these rules properly until we se in reality and practicality how they actually affect us and benefit us personally. Its liek these things that ur parents drill into u, most teenagers couldn't give a fuck at that age. Which is what ur parents were probably kiek, and then only later on after experience of age u understand and agree with those statements truly. Liek coro said ur peple on a forum anren't going to givve u what u can learn on your own, and he's probably dissapointed on me that I haven't grasped this rule yet, but thats because he's goe through the process to learn this. And I'm only now after so long beginning to understand haha , not fully ther yet though . I think its the same thing, so...DRAW A LOT , and then join the clan of people who see things the average artist don't see mang!

Is this right, am I wrong to think liek this? wot are ur thoughts ( don't worry to give ur opinions haha!)_

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    is that an expresion of disgust stephen, so this whole way of thought is wrong?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes.

btw are you drunk?

edit: i mean, no, you are on the right track. Stop worrying and start drawying.

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woukd u care to explain as to why?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    guys I'm not worrying, do you get a sense of fear from my post

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    learn to write "l i k e" sorry i just couldn`t resist ^^
    You are probably right , tho` i wouldn`t put too much thought in it...just go and draw...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the more effectively you observe your surroundings The better you get
    The better you get the more effectively you observe your surroundings

learning how to draw good isnt done with draw alot like so many ppl tell

from what i experienced its about UNDERSTANDING - like playing an instrument n making music
    music and drawing following rules -> guidlines u have to obey or ur drawings and music isnt good at all
    u dont gain much understanding when u just draw
    the more you THINK about it the more u gain - think about what drawing*music is about and u can reveal all its secrets
    i doubt we can if we just draw
    even if u have pro artists it doesnt mean they are aware of understand of drawing they have or why do they just say draw alot

im drawing right now in order to get more understanding about how to orient*allign a 3d form in 3d space - when i got that done i have more understanding about how to do that means i can easier understand how to orient any kind of 3d form in 3d space becuase rules of drawing a leg or a head are the same but the form is not still foreshorteing rules stay same - perspective rules stay same - shading rules say same
    its very much same for playing music ( i play guitar) ^^
    once u know the scale stuff and how to "use" the guitar its all on you

there is no guarantee to become a good artist or musician but its easier once u know the "HOW TO" (rules guidlines understanding)

hope u understand what im saying ;>

->
    perspective
    dynamic
    symmetrie
    foreshortening
    vanishing points
    <-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    liek, liek liek liek liek liek liek liek liek liek liek liek liek liek liek liek !

wutcha gunna do punk! hehe, this is boring. Just a bunch of resounding agreements and a drunken dude and I am actually drawing at the moment, just venting some stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry sideshow bob I kinda don't hehe, and what are scales btw?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think people worry too much now (I count too) asking too many questions when the answers are right infront of them. If you study more of course you are going to look at surroundings more. Your not going to decrease in skill so just draw and dont worry about it. Theres no point analysing a situation too much because youll end up getting worried over nothing.

Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not fekkin worried, jesus christ!!!!! Its just a thought that i wannid to git serm vues on

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow

what i mean is : learn to understand what drawing is about and u will be able to draw like a badass

learn what music theory is about and u will be able to make music instantly

example scale -> http://www.akkordeon-orchester-baltm...heorie/Dur.jpg

i dont learn to draw a head or leg but i try to learn how to draw which includes legs and cars and ears flowers and evrything else that can be imagined <- because the rules i need to obey to DRAW (3dimensional) ARE THE SAME

got me now ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nah, I'm not sure about that one. I mean I thought drawing was about well just that drawing, anyway I was talking about observing ur surroundings not the secret to drawing so what ur saying is tat there are secrets to drawing, there isn't , apart from the one which is to draw!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by blog
    Well ya know artists liek wes, lung bug, and eeespecially marko say that you should'nt take ur surroundings and life generally for granted? Well can u observe and get more out of ur surroundings the better u get, I mean just the little things I observe around me are porbably nothing compared to the photographic memory of wes and marko. I suppose this is because they've drawn and studied soooooooo much that its easier for them to study certain certain trends and patterns in their surroundings, right. And another thing u know u hear things repetitively liek study anatomy and draw from life as general rules. I don't think we can appreciate, respect and value these rules properly until we se in reality and practicality how they actually affect us and benefit us personally. Its liek these things that ur parents drill into u, most teenagers couldn't give a fuck at that age. Which is what ur parents were probably kiek, and then only later on after experience of age u understand and agree with those statements truly. Liek coro said ur peple on a forum anren't going to givve u what u can learn on your own, and he's probably dissapointed on me that I haven't grasped this rule yet, but thats because he's goe through the process to learn this. And I'm only now after so long beginning to understand haha , not fully ther yet though . I think its the same thing, so...DRAW A LOT , and then join the clan of people who see things the average artist don't see mang!
    I think I agree with you, but damn, that post was hard to read. PLEASE stop writing 'like' as 'liek', 'you' as 'u' and 'your' as 'ur'. Also, check for typos (it took me a few moments to figure out what 'kiek' meant), and read a book on expressing your thoughts through writing or something. Even if you hadn't used all those abbreviations, it would have been hard to understand what you were saying there. I thank you for this, and I think a large number of members thank you as well.

Sketchbook support group #7
    Andorz
    Koshime
    Number_6
    Slash
    Mike Frank
    Haldor
    BDFoster
    Gloominati

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know it was a rush, its only a forum not an english essay so I don't pay that much attention usually. OK I'll try to use better english

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    seriously, i dont exactly know what your saying or asking,

But, Its not only about observation, its also about communicating what you observe correctly and clearly, and doing so just takes alot of practice.
    "artists" dont SEE any better or diffrently than any "average" person, they've just trained to communicate it...
    my 2cents

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    right, sorry for my english stephen, and thanks for the 2 cents

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Observing clearly is only a start. You must then be able to communicate the things you observe clearly in the images you make. Judging by the atrocious and lazy prose of your post, however, it seems that clarity is not your strong suit. Unless you are mentally handicapped or are under the age of ten (in which case I sincerely apologize), then I'd say that you should start by learning to think and write clearly first. Wax on, wax off.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,677 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by YVerloc
    Observing clearly is only a start. You must then be able to communicate the things you observe clearly in the images you make. Judging by the atrocious and lazy prose of your post, however, it seems that clarity is not your strong suit. Unless you are mentally handicapped or are under the age of ten (in which case I sincerely apologize), then I'd say that you should start by learning to think and write clearly first. Wax on, wax off.

Thank you.
    Art is a form of communication, and people who are incapable of writing a coherent paragraph are also almost always incapable of making a coherent picture. And is both cases, the problem is usually laziness and carelessness rather than any lack of inherent skill.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its just lazy talk guys, like American English

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lazy talk ? Do you mean slang? Or perhaps shorthand? Or mayhaps a bit of tea and crumpets?

Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blog: noun ('blog, 'bläg)

The male equivalent of an Odayga

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lazy
    Exactly.

Tristan Elwell

-John Cale

-Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know it was a rush, its only a forum not an english essay so I don't pay that much attention usually. OK I'll try to use better english
    the difference between an essay and your post is:
    no one is forced to read your post!

I didn't.
    Yes I'm lazy too.
    But only when I know that I have better things to do then reading a big solid brick of net-slang flavoured text.

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think he gets the point, guys, lay off maybe?

ive found that drawing has greatly broadened my perception of the world around me. the fact that drawing teaches me to SEE is part of the reason that i enjoy doing it, and see it as a discipline i want to pursue. understanding why things look the way they do is key to accurately reproducing them. the rest is just motor skills.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Blog, one thing about forums is you should treat them like one. This is not a damn chatroom you don't have to reply after every other post, be patient.

Patience is probably your worst problem, go an draw and pay attention to what you are doing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The ironic thing is, if this were translated into English I would agree with it completely.

Tristan Elwell

-John Cale

-Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These days I look at buildings, mentally overlay wireframes and try to optimise them to get the most efficient triangle count without losing the silhouette.

Also, I now notice what colour shadows are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.