Results 1 to 13 of 106
July 23rd, 2006 #1
DEPTH of CONTENT in OUR CONCEPTS!
DEPTH of CONTENT in our CONCEPTS!
Though fairly new in making post here, I've been viewing threads here for a LOOooong time. Well...
I've seen, needless to say, INCREDIBLE art here and I have often been impressed and inspired technically and creatively with the subject matter and at times concerned of how much dept/research goes into some of the work. Many here, like myself are professionals and as illustrators, we often must do work that appeals to the client and their market. When we do OUR work or have OUR own concepts revealed, we have the chance to make it something SPECIAL.
Some of the art I've seen stays within the safe and same old boxes of tired matter. Honestly it's boring and shallow when work is based solely on what has already been tried and proven to sell or be excepted in the MAINSTREAM American and European markets espescially. Examples:
How many times must we see-
* The monsters that are supposed to be new concepts which have heads like HR Giger's Alien concept!
* Predator looking aliens
* People with the dead boy/girl goth hardcore rocker look surrounded by human skulls galour
* The sexy femme fatales with bathing suit outfits slaying hordes of orc beast in totally hostile enrivonments that easily rip open flesh? Fan boy fantasy gone wild!
*Abusive images of beastial men conquering sexy women?
* Eurocentric D&D standard Dragons with bird/hard nosed turtle beak snouts only
* Tech Mech Weapons and armor that all look like Gundam's robos meet Halo Soldiers (heck even Halo's look imitates the SOS = same ol' s**t)
* Demons that all have bat wings and horns ( I could go on for days about why it's lame to ALWAYS have horns on most 'evil' characterrs and why this is totally backwards in its historical, cultural, and symbolic origin!)
* Hiphop related images with a lack of research or real life experience/exposure in the artist's work being painfully obvious when recent trends, styles, and nuances are totally OFF!
What is the reason for most vampires still having black clothing and attacking primarily with their mouths/teeth?
This SOS must end! There is a new day coming. EVOLUTION IS NOW!
THE NEW ART ORDER =
Hide this ad by registering as a memberJuly 23rd, 2006 #2
July 23rd, 2006 #3
DON'T CLICK THIS
July 23rd, 2006 #4
July 23rd, 2006 #5
July 23rd, 2006 #6
People like archetypes and clichés. That's ok. It ain't broke, no need to fix that.
Now i gotta do some emochick in bathingsuit with skullz attacking a vampire with hiphoparmor.
July 23rd, 2006 #7Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- Sarasota, FL
- Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
July 23rd, 2006 #8
You mean very few people are actual visionaries with the courage and imagination to invent something new and distance themselves from old cliches?
Well I'll be straight-up damned.
*goes to draw mechs and guys in armor*
July 23rd, 2006 #9
July 23rd, 2006 #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The problem with your originality thoery is that those dead horses your talking about are what the masses like and what pay the bills . Many of us are trying to make a living doing this stuff . You sound like a wanna be starving artist to me . Why don't you send some letters to the major publishers which ask the artists to do that stuff . Then again I like "Abusive images of beastial men conquering sexy women? "
and just about everything else on your list
July 23rd, 2006 #11
July 23rd, 2006 #12
*image from THE3rd's portfolio
Damn those sexy women in skimpy outfits living in their hostile environments! How dare they!
If you want so badly to have originality in concept art, why don't you show us some awesome original stuff? Original doesn't necessarily mean good.
July 23rd, 2006 #13
Hello, Is this the proposal desk? Yes, I'd like to make a proposal!
I think we should have a rule for a minimum of FOUR image banners in the sig, of which atleast TWO should be annoyingly animated, and ONE must be "rather large". The banners should promote an idea that the user sympathises with, such as: "[actor] is hot", "[game] is 0wns joo", "[anime character] is cute", "I'm a member of [clan/group]", to name a few.
Also, CAPS should be randomly USED here and there in text to give EMPHASIS on select words. COLORS and BOLD does not seem like such a bad idea either, as it SERVES to give each user and IDENTITY. Other "Kr4Zy" ideas include unorthodox SPELLING/5P3LL1NG and misuse of "YOUR/YOU'RE" and "THEIR/THERE/THEY'RE". Let's STRIVE to make this community a BETTER one! And people, don't forget, PUNCTUATION is the spawn of satan, and should be omitted where possible. Damn, there I did it! I'll just have to TRY harder next time! Until then, a cascade of SMILEYS:
Last edited by Prometheus|ANJ; July 23rd, 2006 at 08:59 PM.Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.