Art: +../ Area.51 /..+

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

+../ Area.51 /..+

Heres a new piece I have been working on in my sketchbook for while on and off. Scanned it and did some design/paint funk. C+C welcome.

+../ Area.51 /..+

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the composition, graphic design elements and everything is all good, apart from the girl. If she's meant to be the focus get some ref and render her the fuck out! I mean the flat mask like face is really unpleasing to the eye for me and it just wrecks what is an otherwise awesome piece! And 'if its ur style' then disregard my comment :/

dond hate on me plz, just my 2p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Her face is skewed up and to the right... flip the setch nd you'll see what I mean. She looks too oval-shaped on her right side of the body, like it's nearly a straight shot down from the breast.

The typography just plain fucking kicks ass. I'm in a similar mindframe as you... design full-time and honing those skills, but wanting to incorporate those skills into my drawing and paintings. In this case, the design is wicked, and the sketch detracts. Whip out some reference and correct some anatomy issues and this will work a lot better imo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet stuff se7en

hey man, long time no talk hope you're doing well, anyway, the only crit i have for this piece is that the face in the top left corner is cut off which i'm sure is intentional, but to have the face cut off right at the eyes really sorta draws attention up there and kinda throws the composition off.... it almost feels like that's where your attention is drawn towards, and with it cropped like that you feel like "ugh i wanna see the rest of this crazy machine dude's face" so you could either bring the whole face into a more prominent place, or push it out of view so that it's not a distraction.... what do you think? makes sense? anyway, keep at it dude, talk to you later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like it all jus the the girls jaw bone/chin,

but im so curious on what those words say
    theyre so small... haha is this suppose to be a really large piece?
    i mean i wish i can read what the letters say.... if not some.
    this shit is blazin...

CHECK ME OUT
    & ILL RETURN THE FAVOR

www.myspace.com/acroart
    ^^MYSPACE^^
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=102221
    ^^SKETCHBOOK^^

AIM/AOL SCREENAME: ACRO IS ILL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In my opinion it looks better without the female. She brings a porcelain civilized feel to the deserted secrecy of Area 51. I like the paragraphs scattered every which way. Good job.

Keep doing you

Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thats true vulgar, the other pencilled elements are enough, to make this an awesome enough piece!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the input people. Much appreciated.

blog (1st time) - Yeah i see how it could bother people. This is what I call freestyle, no plan just doodle. Put it down and pick it up later and doodle some more. The girls is clearly a different image and style than the rest - just not sure if I really want to "render" it or not from a style standpoint.

strych9ine - thanks cody! I know the jaw sux but hey, practice, practice, practice. Thanks for the design compliments - this is new for me but I am really trying to figure out a way to combine all of my different skillz into single images.

RCabrales - hey man! where you been dude. Salving away at the new gig I guess, right? Thanks for the compliments. You bring up a great point about the upper head being cut off but I like fucked up layouts. call me crazy ; )

ACRO - Thanks man. The words are all geographical info on Area 51, its not meant to be read. It's just for texture and concept.

Vulgar - Thanks! Again this is me just freestyle, no planning, so I just let it happen. I think she is too much of a focal point though that might be the problem.

blog (2nd time) - see above ; )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay tried to fix it, but boredom has set in : ) Looks a little better maybe.

+../ Area.51 /..+

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The face needs a couple of small tucks, I'd suggest that you brought the right side of the jaw in by seven or eight pixels (without moving the rest of the face), and that you also made the left side of the lips slightly smaller (just a teeny bit), as they seem ever so slight out of perspective.. I might be being a bit too nit-picky though.

Thoughts on the rest of the piece: I liked the feeling that the blue gave it, it worked nicely with the pencil work and the general idea. The girl could be really striking if you brought more colour to her, in the first one the focus seemed to be more the technology... And in the second one you seem to have hit the balance between the two — I'd suggest bringing more colour to the lass.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, I remember awhile ago I left you long ass (3 paragraph) kind of feedback on one of your art posts. Please search them and confirm if you go that because I didn't know if you'd seen it or not.

Website

New World Creation: Designers Wanted – Environment of the Week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vulgar - yep I got it. Thanks man.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.