Fire Dancer circus girl

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fire Dancer circus girl

what can be improved?A friend helped with the anatomy. i still havent sketched it on the computer yet, i intend on painting it tomorrow. any crit will be appreciated thanks =]

Fire Dancer circus girl

Lefran

edit: oh wait i just realised i forgot to draw in hands properly and feet, ah well that can be sorted

Last edited by lefran; July 21st, 2006 at 06:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you have a scanner, why not jsut tighten up the drawing and scan it in? Also, she has four arms! LOL, I know you are meaning to get rid of some of them..........................right? Her body seems aweful stiff. Her left knee is way too thick, causing the reast of ther leg to be too thick also. She does not really seem to have a right shoulder due to the position you have that arm at, her feet are VERY wonky. I think you need alot more practice with anatomy. Have you read any anatomy books? There are several good ones that you can buy. Most of them have titles like "A step by step guide to drawing the human figure" There is a book (well several) by Walter Foster of drawing the female form, figures in motion, etc., You can find those books at any art store (that is worth a crap), and if they dont have it, the manager (if he is worth a crap) will recognize the names, and order them for you.

Don't listen to me, I'm just an ape with a pencil!

My sketchbook http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113848

"I don't want FOP goddammit! I'm a DapperDan man!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well i was gonna make her like a circus freak, but i guess it doesnt come across, i think ill just keep the top two arms lol

im terrible with anatomy as you can tell by any of my other sketches, but im learning as i go, i do have a book yeah but i need to do some work from it, thanks for your post though =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok i just sketched in CS2, and ive altered bits here and there, imagine her boots are actually good ok hehe in case you havent guessed im crap with a tablet that just took me waaay too long hehe

Fire Dancer circus girl
    anything else to alter?

edit: at the moment shes a fire girl withough fire...so i hasten to add there will be fire hehe, also certain bits like arm etc still not right, point out anything else

i think im gonna keep the four arms i like the idea, vishnu thing going on, but i just think they should have a baton in each hand, and change the positions

Last edited by lefran; July 21st, 2006 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On the left side of her face, her jaw is jutting out WAY farther than it should in relation to the neck. And it looks like she'll be lucky to have fit a max of 3 toes into her left boot. Remember to draw out the skeleton or think about what's behind the clothing before you draw the clothing itself. I don't see any sketching lines of anything looking like a 5-toed foot-- no-no.
    I think you're concentrating too hard on one-thing at a time. It's especially apparent in how you drew the hand--then the baton over it. I guess if you're painting over it later it doesn't matter so much, but just try to get in the habit of inking AFTER you FINISH your sketch.
    I know this sounds like a buzzkill, but don't get excited about drawing certain parts of the body or prioritizing too much. Everything on the body kind of works at the same time, so your drawing should be drawn that way too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seaurchintosun: thanks ive done my best to make those alterations, if theyre still not right let me know

Update for the sketch, ive made alterations as suggested, and drawn in the other 2 arms, but i think they look a bit weird and im not sure why, are the way theyre drawn on plausible

Fire Dancer circus girl

Keep the crits on coming!
    well im off to watch a film =]

Last edited by lefran; July 22nd, 2006 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok good start, but the hips and shoulder look a bit too static. The shoulder should go up more when she raises her arm, and her hips should do the opposite. Also try some perspective on the lower left arm.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The arms look weird because they look like you just penned in two additional arms on top of a normal looking person. Think about how weird her skeleton would have to be in order to support four arms. I would try adding a layer on top and try drawing the imaginary skeleton. You'll find that it is an impossible skeleton and it can't work the way you have her drawn.
    This is a silly example, but I thought it applied. This is a tshirt design from threadless.com (Not my own work)
    Fire Dancer circus girl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah thats a good point i did think that the skeleton would have to be weird, but didnt think much about how it would affect it
    ill try another layer with the skeleton then

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, your arms are socketed into your shoulder blades, so for an extra pair of arms, throw in another pair of shoulder blades at least. I wouldn't worry about pecs for those arms, but you can try to make her tummy a bit more buff up there. Also, the second pair of arms are about half a foot longer in length. That just seems a bit TOO bizarre, but whatever floats your boat.
    The neck is still too small... did you change it? And her left leg is quite chunkier than her right leg.
    Work a bit longer before posting another update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh her neck- i forgot that, i did alter the leg but evidently not enough hehe, i can flatten her stomach, thanks for posting =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think, im gonna just carry on with it even though the skeleton isnt plausible, its just an exercise so ill take it into more consideration next time, i really am a beginner at this =]

anyways i blocked out the colours, i plan on then roughing in the values then refining and adding details. but as the fire will be orange is there a better colour instead of red for her costume? i was thinking of a turquoise colour? any other suggestions?
    Fire Dancer circus girl

edit: Ill change her right foot its terrible

Last edited by lefran; July 24th, 2006 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks like her head is attached to the neck by the chin. I can picture her trying to talk or chew, with her cranium having to move up and down because her mandible is fused to her spine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sort of like a puppet

I like the concept, and the base colors. I think when you add the shading a lot of the afore mentioned by another poster will likely seem such a problem. It's best to avoid lines, and use shading, when painting.. Even with pc's.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm too lazy to type it all so:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the advice =]
    infinit- awesome ta =] ill try to alter the sketch, yeah im gonna cut the 2 arms off lol its just impossible

well i did this the other night i just havent worked out how to do the fire yet, but i left the 4 arms on for fun even though its impossible lol

Fire Dancer circus girl

Last edited by lefran; July 26th, 2006 at 06:23 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.