Sketchbook: Briefs-There's nudity in here! - Page 24

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am making this 3D printer together with the son of attorneys I work with. He is going to engineering college next year, and if he gets in a little more extracurricular activities in engineering other than software it can get him into an excellent school as a Sophomore.

As we get the thing made into recognizable subunits his interest improves. He will be most happy when we have assembled the machine and completed the wiring. That's when we will begin the software work, which is his primary interest.

First image: This is the frame minus the electronics and fan mount. The two stepper motors at the bottom had to be switched because they are each on the wrong side in this image. Their plastic mounts have arms that are on the inside here, but they must be on the outside to match with the upper arms that are on the outside. (Rods pass through holes on the upper arms and extend down to the lower arms, but only if the lower arms are in the correct place.)
    Name:  reprap1.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  241.1 KB
    Image 2: This is the "Y" axis completed.
    Name:  reprap2.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  337.6 KB
    Image 3: The "X" axis is complete except for the extruder. There is clean up of sloppy printing that must be done with a drill and rasps on that thing the red arrow is pointing at. Bolts can't go through holes that have sloppy plastic hairs and boogers inside that shouldn't be there. We had to call it a day and I will clean up the printed extruder parts this weekend. I previously had to do a lot of reaming and filing on the plastic parts already assembled. That's DIY for you!
    Name:  reprap3.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  357.9 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is the oil painting I made yesterday and today. Sorry for the sparkles. I had to use flash. It's wet and if I take pictures of artworks out in the courtyard two little girls come running out and want to touch them.
    Name:  westforkoverhang.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  506.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my IDW entry after the two dimensional paintover.
    Name:  grasshopper.png
Views: 69
Size:  223.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got in another session of building with the young future engineer. I did most of the work because he could barely stay awake. I think he stays up most of the night playing games and messing around on the internet. I managed to get the arduino and RAMPS bolted together on the electronics frame and mount the electronics frame on the single plate frame. I also managed to put the extruder together. We are very close to when we do the electronics, which is the most terrifying part for me. I'd really rather not start a fire or fry my arduino by a stupid wiring error. I'm studying up. I didn't pick this carpet, by the way.
    Name:  extruder1.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  606.8 KB
    Name:  extruder2.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  143.1 KB
    Name:  extruder3.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  812.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We got this far today. We even would have mounted that extruder and X axis assembly except that the holes for those two loose rods are too small. I have to work on those with my rat tail file.
    Name:  reprapassembled2.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  247.1 KB
    Name:  reprapassembled1.JPG
Size:  241.2 KB
    I have been trying to design a pair of custom picture frames for laser cutting. In the middle are the various sides of an acrylic box I am designing to contain the power supply for my 3D printer so I can't accidentally shock myself. The problem here is that the laser cutter wants to "print" to 18" x 32" and TurboCAD version 15 that I have won't let me pick a custom paper size. I am trying to figure out how to manage this issue, but I may give up and use my 18" x 30" acrylic sheets to cut six pieces at 9" x 10" and produce limited series laser etched prints.
    Name:  back frame 15x19.PNG
Size:  12.1 KB
    Name:  frame16x20-11x14.PNG
Size:  5.1 KB
    Name:  front frame 15x19.PNG
Size:  8.7 KB

Last edited by arttorney; July 26th, 2014 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK. So Poser figures really do import to Vue 9 scenes without losing the pose. Now all I have to do is get good at Poser. This gray alien is a standard included figure in the Poser package and it just took a few minutes to get him into this pose once I got past some basic hurdles.
    Name:  wagons ho-gray alien.png
Views: 38
Size:  396.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am making a 37.5 ' X 48 inch acrylic of that last post. I am not sure if I will include the gray alien. Lots of people take that crap seriously and I don't want to get a reputation for being one of the space lizards.
    Name:  wagons5.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  526.4 KB
    The 3D printer is basically assembled, though I may have to have a "do over" on that X axis assembly for a couple of reasons. I'll have to resolve those issues before I move on to the electronics because they relate to extrusion and the motion along the Z axis, both of which are driven by electric motors. I really have to figure out what's the deal with my camera.
    Name:  reprap2.JPG
Size:  759.4 KB
    Name:  reprap1.JPG
Size:  368.9 KB

Last edited by arttorney; August 3rd, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook