Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Next on the agenda: clean up the cast, clean a little plaster from the inside of the cans, prime the cast, paint cast and flames, remove masking tape. A scratch at the lower right from removing the mold has me wondering if I should carve in some jagged longitudinal fissures and paint them in with high chroma orange yellow as though the thing is just starting to explode. I built in about 5 or 6 beer cans worth of void space and the thing still weighs about 40 lbs.

Edit in response to ponderings of the improving sketchbooks thread:
    Anyone may crit me. I pay attention and I try to address problems revealed by the crits I get. Thank you.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by arttorney; June 27th, 2007 at 04:29 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    That last plein air painting has to be one of your best one so far. It's quite good. Just watch out for your saturation, the sky and leaves are more saturated than on the picture and get a bit mixed together.

Thanks
    Thanks. The foreground leaves definitely look less blue on the painting in person (to my eyes). I have been blaming the camera for that tendency, but since my eyes can't discern the difference in greens caused by painting the tree wet in wet in the red sky and purple clouds landscape from last November, it's probably my eyes. Maybe I'll switch to Cobalt blue from Phthalo blue to see if it helps. Below is still a WIP

Thanks
    That´s an interesting sketchbook. Lots of hands on art. The food castle is a real kneeslapper. Reeses Peanutbuttercups as tower tops. Yay! Ferry goot. Zat´s ta way ve like it.

The sculptures are intiguing. Does the Booster stage thingy willbe put in context? Also I´d advice to add some techincal texture if its not too late. Small plates out of flexible plastic or even cardboard can help make a surface look "constructed". They can be just glued on and later blend in with a small layer of plaster and paint. Also thick insulation foam is perfekt for carving.

b.back

A tutor once said to me: "Let your mind go!" and it didn´t come back.

Wolf@WorK aka Sketchbook

my Heavy Industrie, Military and Steampunk References/Textures (updated Oct 2012)

Thanks
    I have an old thrashed gas line valve I was thinking about casting into the plaster sticking out, but couldn't think about the right way to fix the mold so it wouldn't leak. Plaster is soft so I can probably drill a place and insert it with some glue. I also thought a tech element would help. You've helped strengthen my resolve not to blow it off. The booster stage is going to be freestanding much like you see, but when I remove the masking tape the coffee cans will be stainless steel shiny. It looks to me a little bit like a strange floral arrangement.

Tomorrow I'll give a progress shot of my prickly pear cactus sculpture so everyone can see where it's going. Here are some more of the feet that will be on the pads from which it is being constructed. I haven't been having as many of the phantom needles being driven into my feet lately, but last night I had another of my "head crushed in a vise" headaches. I suppose that can be my next sculpture after the prickly pear. I've already done paintings about vertigo and depression/rage.

Thanks
    Here is what the prickly pear sculpture looks like about 1/4 assembled. I have decided to go with black & white in part because there is a black and white gallery show I will enter whose slide deadline is the end of August. The other part is because I would rather varnish over the pencil drawings of the feet than try to paint them in with values of flesh tones. I think it is turning out rather dramatic this way. There're going to be about 25-30 more of these rectangles assembled onto this before it is done.

The A drive on my computer terminal at the library does not appear to be functioning. I'll probably have to edit this post later today from the coffee shop. That will mean outside host rather than attachment manager. Sorry to all for this post without image.

Thanks
    looks pretty good you r sb dude,really.

'I do not feel punished; rather purified'
    'To restrict the artist is a crime. It is to murder germinating life.'Egon.Schiele'

MY SKECTHBOOK

Thanks
    Thank you. I've decided to make a new post so I have no trouble with attachment manager. Here's the prickly pear WIP:

Thanks
    WIP for this week's 3CH. (after Gerome)

Thanks
    Random topic of this week final.

Thanks
    noticed the jean leon gerome figure instantly, excellent job!

Thanks
    Thanks Asoir. I wish I didn't hate acrylics as much as I do. They are good for a certain kind of painting.

Here's a little something I made today for the Big Oil Painting Thread.
    1. phthalocyanine blue plus lemon yellow
    2. phthalocyanine blue plus cadmium yellow deep hue
    3. Ultramarine plus lemon yellow
    4. ultramarine plus cadmium yellow deep hue
    5. cadmium red hue plus lemon yellow
    6. cadmium red hue plus cadmium yellow deep hue
    7. permanent rose plus lemon yellow
    8. permanent rose plus cadmium yellow deep hue
    9. phthalocyanine blue plus permanent rose
    10. phthalocyanine blue plus cadmium red hue
    11. ultramarine plus permanent rose
    12. ultramarine plus cadmium red hue

above the numbers is increasing amounts of lamp black
    below the numbers is increasing amounts of titanium white

Thanks
    Interesting sketchbook you have here...seems you put alot emotion in your pieces...me likes

Studies are going fine just keep em up!

-Blaz

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook