CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World

View testimonialsView Artwork

View Poll Results: Choose your Chowracters! (Multiple votes are ok - don't go too wild)

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World ryn

3 2.78%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World dominus

3 2.78%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Migsta

17 15.74%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World FunkytownP

6 5.56%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Landauart

6 5.56%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Fellah

19 17.59%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Art2

6 5.56%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World micahelmotion

2 1.85%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World trevor

45 41.67%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Hideyoshi

11 10.19%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Flip

3 2.78%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World chrike

20 18.52%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World seth1

1 0.93%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World mainloop

14 12.96%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World thrillzilla

15 13.89%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World gringoloco

5 4.63%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World bumskee

33 30.56%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World MrVisions

30 27.78%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Babylon

1 0.93%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Tweaki

2 1.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Theodios - Sci-Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World
    So much time has passed since the world destroyed itself. So much time in the dark.
    Theodios was impressively young when he started preaching - at 12 he had already mature audience. At 14 he was praised in more then 5 of the new cities.
    He is the one who brought faith and united all of the west cities in the new world. He is brave, wise, guided by The Lord and ... ready to fight.
    The new orthodox symbols are everywhere.. and Theodios is the new prophet.
    The "Governments" have a hard time accepting his power.. he knows it.. he is ready.

ROUND NOTES:
    Great Round again - thank you for all the amazing entries and for the effort everyone put into this little thing.
    The MULTIVOTE is working - last round we ended up with a clear winner and we also had 0 votes for one entry - something i realy did not expected. So.. with such a nice range i decided that MULTIVOTE WILL STAY.
    Now.. few changes though:

I will be the first voting and i will add votes to try and boost this thing as follows:

the descriprions... i will make that OPTIONAL ... this should make few of you happy.
    i will give ONE vote for every entry that has a description.

topic
    i was about to keep out of the poll all the entries that did not specify or have realy visible use of the orthodox elements.
    It's no point in having a topic if we're not following.
    i will give ONE vote for every element specified in the topic and correctly represented (meaning in this case - SCI-FI... and ORTHODOX - you have both - you get 2 votes from Oblio )

Plese feel free to comment and to tell me if i had too much to drink already.
    And now...
    CLICK YOUR VOTES

EDIT
    I FEEL THE NEED OF EXPLAINING THE RATING.
    IF ANY MISTAKES ON MY SIDE - PLEASE REPLY AND IT WIL BE FIXED. THANK YOU.
    so... i will note the elements lik ethins:
    Description = 1
    SciFi = 2
    Eastern Orthodox = 3
    123 = 3 votes = it has them all .
    13 = 2 votes - it has description and Orthodox elements visible.

Plese see my notes on each post.
    thank you.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final.

In a post-apocalyptic world where humanity cowered on the brink of extinction, Theodios became a powerful icon. To the people, he was hope. To darker powers, he was an influential puppet. The deities of hell, seeking a way to end mankind, manipulated the once good-hearted Theodios to their will. Theodios was hungry for power, and the dark ones took advantage of that. Mortals, no matter how holy, are still susceptible to corruption.

With malice in his corrupted heart, Theodios approaches the Government buildings. With no leaders, the likes of mankind cannot hope to survive the onslaught of the dark gods.

OBLIO 123 (considered the glowing things as.. SciFi... )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in! Same as Ryn, just dropping by so I don't pusss-out.

FINAL- cutting it close on this one. I know I'm screwed based on the line-up, but I'm proud I finished.

Theodios started his life as a religious leader from a young age. Those around him soon noticed his wisdom in theological matters. He soon became a world-wide religious icon. As age took it’s toll, Theodios fell back on technology in order to extend his life, to “Complete what I was sent here to do.” However, in light of his recent, and seemingly unnecessary technological enhancements, both his followers and the government are at a loss as to his next move.

oblio - your entry has not been taken up due to quality standards. You will see that i have taken to the poll work that are just a sketch - but yours aims for a illustration and it still needs more work - there are some random brushes and all and it feels like it was it collored with a mouse - if that is the case - you did great. if i find more time i will detail my C&C. Thank you.

Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EDIT

here`s the final piece, yes still sketchy, did not have the time (and inspiration) for the background... so.. that`s it
    please click the thumbnail for a larger version (details)

Oblio - 2 - SciFi only. I am not considering the cross an orthodox element as it is not an speciffic orthodox cross. There are a lot of different models... yours looks like a cusader's cross.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final!

Do we still need a desription even though we were given this?:

So much time has passed since the world destroyed itself. So much time in the dark.
    Theodios was impressively young when he started preaching - at 12 he had already mature audience. At 14 he was praised in more then 5 of the new cities.
    He is the one who brought faith and united all of the west cities in the new world. He is brave, wise, guided by The Lord and ... ready to fight.
    The new orthodox symbols are everywhere.. and Theodios is the new prophet.
    The "Governments" have a hard time accepting his power.. he knows it.. he is ready.

Oblio - 123 (considered orthodox the hood and the cross... )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Theodios:

Description: Theodios preaching to his followers!
    Oblio 123 - considered your descrition... yet from now on... only descriptions of the concept (meaning descriptions that explain or add to your concept) will be considered. thx.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Theodios -So much time has passed since the world destroyed itself. So much time in the dark. Theodios was impressively young when he started preaching - at 12 he had already mature audience. At 14 he was praised in more then 5 of the new cities.He is the one who brought faith and united all of the west cities in the new world. He is brave, wise, guided by The Lord and ... ready to fight. And fight He did. The battle's were fierce and long but Theodios prevailed. He grew old. He lived a long life. Then as we all do he died.
    But his followers couldn't accept that. Using Science they brought him back. He was their guiding star. But He remembers his death. He remembers judgement. And he remembers the paradise that was stolen from him. All he wants to do is go home . But his followers have other plans.

Oblio - 123. Perfect

Last edited by Landauart; July 17th, 2006 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WIPsy thingsy(Such a mess)

Final version up

Oblio - 2 - The cape and the hat of the red guys are catholic to me. If i am wrong.. please let me know. I am still waithing for your description - as you mentioned in PM - i will add your vote when i get it. Thank you.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FINAL.

Theodios got hurt during the war when he was still a little boy. He got hit by a bomb, which took off both his arms. After the incident he stayed in coma for 2 weeks. During this state he gained contact with God, the allmighty. The rest is history. During his journey through the lands he found two young babies, twins, near an abandonned church. They were adopted by Theodios and became his most loyal followers. The sword is the sword of God, symbol of his devotion to fight for his believes. The book and the staff represent Faith. The text says "The faith is orthodox".

Hey hey, first chow. Rush job in the end but fun to do.
    Excellent work guys, by all of you. Really fun to watch.

Oblio 123 - perfect.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final

Theodios:
    Leader of the Church, a widowed patriarch who lives in a abandoned monastery. He's head of the "father"Archbishop community, chosen from among monks. Asking 'the almighty' for strength and health with voluntary self-sacrifice while undertaking the normal responsibilities of life.

Oblio - 1 -- To me it looks like a fantasy character. Magic and simple clothing. One vote for sectription No rthodox elements either - as i said to Dominus - not any cross is a speciofic orthodox one. Considering the axe as his cross.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hat in the ring is in
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Orthodox2.jpg
    ninja of waffle house looks good
    fi of sci is good area for topic
    speach of dyslexia has adoy
    update!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Orthodox4.jpg
    his following grows large!
    symbols have been designed and i will be working them in later today
    EDIT
    ok almost done here a few touch ups and we're off
    i guess ill finish it tomorrow

Oblio - 12_ - i can't see the orthodox elements. Plese let me know if i'm wrong. Thank you.
    EDIT!
    "we have cowered in fear for too long at the will of men no better than ourselves.
    God has had a plan for us since before the great destuction. we have become one with the machines
    the tool of humanities undoing and now we will reclaim our holy land, our birthright!
    those that have lived above the surface have become heathen monsters. it is now our time
    to inherit the land that once belonged to our fore fathers
    NEW YORK!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EDIT: And here's the final version. I wanted to put in a scene of some sort, but I just couldn't visualize what I wanted back there. Anywho, a description:

Theodin's fame is exceeded only by his wealth, though you would not know it to look upon him. His dress is simple to reflect the conditions in which his followers live; his adornments are few, and even the weapon he carries is a relic of the old days.

But plain does not equate to foolish, and he has taken measures against attacks. The ring, gem and bracelet he wears on either hand and wrist are a known as the Stigmata, a micro weapons system capable of firing lasers from the right-hand gem and engaging a shield from the left. They were a custom-order system funded by the many generous donations his devotees have made over the years-- after all, how can he lead them if he's no longer alive?

Yeah, that's all I got for the moment. Here's to my first CHOW entry: Huzzah!

Oblio - 12_ - welcome to CHOW - This was a hard one. i can;t spot the orthodox elements - let me knwo if i am wrong. Also.. the SciFi elements are invisible - i considered it SciFi becouse of the things in your descrition.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more or less my finished piece. If I don't change anything, this is it.
    Damn, I need more practice with characters...

Oblio - _2_ - no descr. no orthodox. let me knwo if i got it wrong.

--(-)|dE--

portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    messy - screwed perspective and all... i hope to have more time to work on it.
    for now...

Oblio - Not taken to the poll. Too late and crappy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Image needs some work.
    [edit]image updated slightly[/edit]

Oblio - _23 - no dscription.

Research shows Industrial Design of the Week is addictive.
    Come get your fix.

Sculpty Fight! - The Sculpt & 3D Challenge

Flipbook 2
    www.Philistine.com.au

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First one here ^^

2140 A.D. : Around 50 years ago followers of the orthodox persuasion wiped out all remaing religions and governments in order to bring their genetic creation called "Theodios" into power and introduce him as the patriarch of the new world. Artificially kept alive by "mother" he´s connected to everyone´s mind to ensure the maintenance of their totalitarian state.

Oblio - 12_ - The cross was not considered as speciffic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love that Mr. Visions

Revisisited my old entry.. Final...

Oblio - _2_ - Another difficult one - i can hardlyt consider the floating cross SciFi (looks ore like fantasy) but i went for it. The Clothing is too simple to be considered Orthodox. I have to agree there is a very fine line here... but since both SciFi and Orthodox are on the line... i think the one vote for both will do.
    I'm open for talks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    trevor: Too cool! i think yours is a shoo-in

Oblio - _23 - the floating was considered SciFi... the cross from behind and the complex clothing... are both orthodox and scifi. if you only had a description

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    final

Theodios
    Theodios was raised by his mother in the slums of little bethlehem were he was raised amidst the scum of the earth. he lived in the back of a stripclub where his mother Eva was famous by performing the infamous appletrick.... He found his peace in a small church in the middle of the slums where he started his preaching career at an age of 12 and he earned the name jimmy jerusalem. His remarkable speeching capability lured in the low life of the town were he would fill their hearts with hope. At an age of 15 his preaching sessions were caught on by the masses. After seeing all the foul stuff that went on in little Bethlehem he eagerly made sure no temptation a boy his age could have would lure him into oblivion. He then adopted the name Theodios.

After growing up he was synomonous for a hope of a better life in a world gone wrong. The government could not do anything against it, but wait at the moment he would overthrow the government. Theodios uses his jesus stick which amplifies his voice to reach the ears of thousands and has a guiding halo that makes him as visible as the northern star at a clear night. When people see the halo shining they gather and travel to the light and listen to the words of Theodios, and the government looks down at the light in fright from their Ivory tower in the center of town.

Oblio 123 - considered the artizanal staff and other elements.. as orthodox.. the spiral in the staff etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heys guys I thought i'd get in on this mayhem while the getting is good.
    great job on the concepts so far everybody's is looking well thought out.
    this is my submission, i would really appreciate some feedback on it if your up to it hack away, might as well get some learning in the summer. thnx.

His eyes have been given so he can see, his love offered for a higher power's purpose. years of hardening conditions soften his heart. The political powers that be, can crush his bones but in turn will immortalized his story, so they don't. In the dark dismal world of nothingness his optimistic faith heals.

Oblio - 12_ - cross is not speciffic.

smells like macaroni :electric:
    www.completetoole.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oblio - _23 - no description.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice entries everyone.
    Fellah, saw your article on the imaginefx mag, sweet.

here's me

Oblio - __3 - again a difficult one. Hard to spon any SciFi... or even orthodox - but the flashy clothing is familiar to the eastern orthodox priest so that was considered as valid.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Final Pics -

Turned in only one (the first) for competition, but here they both are for your viewing.

Here's My viewpoint on Theodios: If you observe any religious organization, you see they try to pay homage to their roots in there traditions and attire. Theodios, upon recieving a vision of the self-destruction of mankind, raided museums and churches, searching for and taking relics that would help remind his future followers of their past. His attire consists of nothing but relics, his holy armor, to protect him from whatever the Evil One may throw at him. He bears the marks of the stigmata, although it is rumored they may be self-inflicted. His sword is forged out of golden remains from the temples in Jerusalem. Whether crazy or devote, Theodios knows he has been chosen by God to bring back His children.

Addition: After the second great fall of man, Theodios was left greatly wounded, on the brink of death. Salvaged from man vast technology before the war, He was able to be saved by doctors who supported his cause. Theodios likes to keep his repairs hidden, so that no weakness is shown.

That's it for me this week. Great Job guys, and best of luck -

- Visions

Oblio - 123 - taken the 2nd pic into accout for sci-fi.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oblio - umm.. i might be very wrong... but i don;t see neither SciFi or Orthodox... please adivise. Thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, this is my first chow entry... hope you like it! i'm cutting it close so i gotta submit now! ok good luck everyone

tweaki

description:
    He was in constant conversation with God so the people always trusted him, although he wasn’t born with this blessing like the prophets of the past. When Theodios was a very young child, his village had been pillaged and his family killed but he managed to survive with what was at first thought to be a critical wound to the skull. After Theodios regained consciousness, people realized that the weapon hadn't hurt him at all but, it had trepanned him. It was through this whole in his skull that Theodios first heard the voice of God. After this miracle, his disciples started trepanning themselves as well and a new symbol emerged. It was similar to the cross but with a circle instead of a horizontal bar, this symbolized a future of open conversation with God.

Oblio - 12_ - cant' spot the orthodox. considered the light.. sort of SciFi... The new symbol is fine.. yet it lack any orthodox elements. Or i can;'t spot them - please let me know if i'm wrong.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are the WIPS.

WIP

You suffer the spiritual disease of self.
    You paralyze yourselves with choice.
    Surrender it and be free of your shackles.
    Wage the war within. Find the light inside the darkness,
    And be saved.

Well....very quick sketch I'm puttin up.

well, Im lookin at everyone elses WIP's and am almost embarrased to put mine out here. C+C please I obviously need it.
    update wip
    Description to Follow: but as of now this is my final, god I need some work and a better tablet. but Its my best at the moment I cant wait to go to freakin art school.

I think I will rework this concept some more got some new ideas...

okie this is my first time trying one of these COW activities, here is myn so far, i kinda used 2 ideas in it

1. 3rd eye
    2. he can see all (wit his eye)

Edit:

ok i got the ink done and began coloring.

i might not be able to finish in time though, my uncle past away today and i have to go to washington for the funeral. so if i dont finish in time, i wont enter. best of luck to all of you

Alas I never made it into the Orc CHOW (for which I was sadly disappointed) but I'm going to make a serious effort to finish up for this one... Here's a WIP to hold my place.

Notation about symbolism of the cross: It's eastern orthodox with a minor twist. As per comments by a few artists above, I saw fit to alter the symbolism to concur with the ever-changing nature of society, especially given the apocalyptic background theme. Feel free to address any comments via PM, thanks!

Description-type info will come as I make more progress!

Its Wip time! Seem to be going in a difrent direction then most....

Edit: updated the wip now have the back. any input is wanted.

sup everybody, first time posting here.

my humble contribution.
    sketch
    name: Antleeon
    bio: he was a genius in his youth, and had rebelious thoughts, the goverment witch shackeld the people was cruel and clostrophobic, he was the one that lead the first strikes twoards the govverment and is now the leader of the rebels... he is a strong bealiver of the Goddess Daya, her symbol is the circly thing on the shoulder pad. he also packs an armor piercing pistol, witch is holsted on his left leg. currently in his mid 30s, still fighting.

EDIT: FINAL
    Ok so Im outta time, so this will be my "final"
    Young 15 year old Theodios, with the Golden Voice of God, is striking out against the "government" of the egalitarian institution. Happy though the people may be, they are in spiritual peril, so this young crusader has taken it upon himself to instill a holy, properly stratified, society.

here is a crappy WIP i dropped.
    i wanted to go for a guy with an image problem... as he got poisoned... and all... but it was all looking so bad.. i had to drop it.
    well.. time to start again.

i upgraded my char a bit

made him more of a patriach, thanks for the heads up thirdeye.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will vote for my favorites after the voting start - you will be able to see my personal votes there.
    Please reply to this if any issues.
    I am just trying to make this a more... challenging area.
    I am very curious about your opinions and thoughts.
    Thank you.

edit
    - AAAARRRGH - the votes i initially put for the 3 criterias (description, SciFi, Orthodox) got reset. I'll try to ad them again and then vote myself.
    If it does not work ...
    I WILL ADD THE VOTES WHEN THE POLL WILL BE CLOSED. So... you can still count on those votes.

Last edited by Oblio; July 17th, 2006 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It took alot of thought, but I finally settled on trevor ^__^

No!... Maybe..... Look, that was six weeks ago.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted trevor.

Also, my name's wrong in the poll. Ryn, not rynchow. Totally my fault and I crapped up on the file name. That's what happen when you stay up late to finish a disappointing mess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    vote Trevor!

looks perfetc to me!
    congrats and good luck!

ps.: please, sorry about my english

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.