View Poll Results: Choose your Chowracters! (Multiple votes are ok - don't go too wild)

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World ryn

3 2.78%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World dominus

3 2.78%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Migsta

17 15.74%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World FunkytownP

6 5.56%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Landauart

6 5.56%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Fellah

19 17.59%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Art2

6 5.56%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World micahelmotion

2 1.85%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World trevor

45 41.67%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Hideyoshi

11 10.19%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Flip

3 2.78%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World chrike

20 18.52%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World seth1

1 0.93%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World mainloop

14 12.96%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World thrillzilla

15 13.89%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World gringoloco

5 4.63%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World bumskee

33 30.56%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World MrVisions

30 27.78%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Babylon

1 0.93%
  • CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World Tweaki

2 1.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World

Thanks

CHOW #33 - VOTING - Theodios - Sci Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World

Theodios - Sci-Fi - Orthodox Patriarch of the New World
    So much time has passed since the world destroyed itself. So much time in the dark.
    Theodios was impressively young when he started preaching - at 12 he had already mature audience. At 14 he was praised in more then 5 of the new cities.
    He is the one who brought faith and united all of the west cities in the new world. He is brave, wise, guided by The Lord and ... ready to fight.
    The new orthodox symbols are everywhere.. and Theodios is the new prophet.
    The "Governments" have a hard time accepting his power.. he knows it.. he is ready.

ROUND NOTES:
    Great Round again - thank you for all the amazing entries and for the effort everyone put into this little thing.
    The MULTIVOTE is working - last round we ended up with a clear winner and we also had 0 votes for one entry - something i realy did not expected. So.. with such a nice range i decided that MULTIVOTE WILL STAY.
    Now.. few changes though:

I will be the first voting and i will add votes to try and boost this thing as follows:

the descriprions... i will make that OPTIONAL ... this should make few of you happy.
    i will give ONE vote for every entry that has a description.

topic
    i was about to keep out of the poll all the entries that did not specify or have realy visible use of the orthodox elements.
    It's no point in having a topic if we're not following.
    i will give ONE vote for every element specified in the topic and correctly represented (meaning in this case - SCI-FI... and ORTHODOX - you have both - you get 2 votes from Oblio )

Plese feel free to comment and to tell me if i had too much to drink already.
    And now...
    CLICK YOUR VOTES

EDIT
    I FEEL THE NEED OF EXPLAINING THE RATING.
    IF ANY MISTAKES ON MY SIDE - PLEASE REPLY AND IT WIL BE FIXED. THANK YOU.
    so... i will note the elements lik ethins:
    Description = 1
    SciFi = 2
    Eastern Orthodox = 3
    123 = 3 votes = it has them all .
    13 = 2 votes - it has description and Orthodox elements visible.

Plese see my notes on each post.
    thank you.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Final.

In a post-apocalyptic world where humanity cowered on the brink of extinction, Theodios became a powerful icon. To the people, he was hope. To darker powers, he was an influential puppet. The deities of hell, seeking a way to end mankind, manipulated the once good-hearted Theodios to their will. Theodios was hungry for power, and the dark ones took advantage of that. Mortals, no matter how holy, are still susceptible to corruption.

With malice in his corrupted heart, Theodios approaches the Government buildings. With no leaders, the likes of mankind cannot hope to survive the onslaught of the dark gods.

OBLIO 123 (considered the glowing things as.. SciFi... )

Thanks
    I'm in! Same as Ryn, just dropping by so I don't pusss-out.

FINAL- cutting it close on this one. I know I'm screwed based on the line-up, but I'm proud I finished.

Theodios started his life as a religious leader from a young age. Those around him soon noticed his wisdom in theological matters. He soon became a world-wide religious icon. As age took it’s toll, Theodios fell back on technology in order to extend his life, to “Complete what I was sent here to do.” However, in light of his recent, and seemingly unnecessary technological enhancements, both his followers and the government are at a loss as to his next move.

oblio - your entry has not been taken up due to quality standards. You will see that i have taken to the poll work that are just a sketch - but yours aims for a illustration and it still needs more work - there are some random brushes and all and it feels like it was it collored with a mouse - if that is the case - you did great. if i find more time i will detail my C&C. Thank you.
    Daily Sketchbook
    All comments welcome!

ProtoSSG: Cup-of-Joe ~ Kitsu ~ White Rose ~ Afgal

Other SBs - ShiroNami - Leadster618

Thanks
    EDIT

here`s the final piece, yes still sketchy, did not have the time (and inspiration) for the background... so.. that`s it
    please click the thumbnail for a larger version (details)

Oblio - 2 - SciFi only. I am not considering the cross an orthodox element as it is not an speciffic orthodox cross. There are a lot of different models... yours looks like a cusader's cross.

Thanks
    Final!

Do we still need a desription even though we were given this?:

So much time has passed since the world destroyed itself. So much time in the dark.
    Theodios was impressively young when he started preaching - at 12 he had already mature audience. At 14 he was praised in more then 5 of the new cities.
    He is the one who brought faith and united all of the west cities in the new world. He is brave, wise, guided by The Lord and ... ready to fight.
    The new orthodox symbols are everywhere.. and Theodios is the new prophet.
    The "Governments" have a hard time accepting his power.. he knows it.. he is ready.

Oblio - 123 (considered orthodox the hood and the cross... )

Thanks
    Theodios:

Description: Theodios preaching to his followers!
    Oblio 123 - considered your descrition... yet from now on... only descriptions of the concept (meaning descriptions that explain or add to your concept) will be considered. thx.

Thanks

Theodios -So much time has passed since the world destroyed itself. So much time in the dark. Theodios was impressively young when he started preaching - at 12 he had already mature audience. At 14 he was praised in more then 5 of the new cities.He is the one who brought faith and united all of the west cities in the new world. He is brave, wise, guided by The Lord and ... ready to fight. And fight He did. The battle's were fierce and long but Theodios prevailed. He grew old. He lived a long life. Then as we all do he died.
    But his followers couldn't accept that. Using Science they brought him back. He was their guiding star. But He remembers his death. He remembers judgement. And he remembers the paradise that was stolen from him. All he wants to do is go home . But his followers have other plans.

Oblio - 123. Perfect
    Last edited by Landauart; July 17th, 2006 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks
    WIPsy thingsy(Such a mess)

Final version up

Oblio - 2 - The cape and the hat of the red guys are catholic to me. If i am wrong.. please let me know. I am still waithing for your description - as you mentioned in PM - i will add your vote when i get it. Thank you.

Thanks
    FINAL.

Theodios got hurt during the war when he was still a little boy. He got hit by a bomb, which took off both his arms. After the incident he stayed in coma for 2 weeks. During this state he gained contact with God, the allmighty. The rest is history. During his journey through the lands he found two young babies, twins, near an abandonned church. They were adopted by Theodios and became his most loyal followers. The sword is the sword of God, symbol of his devotion to fight for his believes. The book and the staff represent Faith. The text says "The faith is orthodox".

Hey hey, first chow. Rush job in the end but fun to do.
    Excellent work guys, by all of you. Really fun to watch.

Oblio 123 - perfect.

Thanks
    Final

Theodios:
    Leader of the Church, a widowed patriarch who lives in a abandoned monastery. He's head of the "father"Archbishop community, chosen from among monks. Asking 'the almighty' for strength and health with voluntary self-sacrifice while undertaking the normal responsibilities of life.

Oblio - 1 -- To me it looks like a fantasy character. Magic and simple clothing. One vote for sectription No rthodox elements either - as i said to Dominus - not any cross is a speciofic orthodox one. Considering the axe as his cross.

Thanks
    hat in the ring is in
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Orthodox2.jpg
    ninja of waffle house looks good
    fi of sci is good area for topic
    speach of dyslexia has adoy
    update!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Orthodox4.jpg
    his following grows large!
    symbols have been designed and i will be working them in later today
    EDIT
    ok almost done here a few touch ups and we're off
    i guess ill finish it tomorrow

Oblio - 12_ - i can't see the orthodox elements. Plese let me know if i'm wrong. Thank you.
    EDIT!
    "we have cowered in fear for too long at the will of men no better than ourselves.
    God has had a plan for us since before the great destuction. we have become one with the machines
    the tool of humanities undoing and now we will reclaim our holy land, our birthright!
    those that have lived above the surface have become heathen monsters. it is now our time
    to inherit the land that once belonged to our fore fathers
    NEW YORK!"

Thanks
    EDIT: And here's the final version. I wanted to put in a scene of some sort, but I just couldn't visualize what I wanted back there. Anywho, a description:

Theodin's fame is exceeded only by his wealth, though you would not know it to look upon him. His dress is simple to reflect the conditions in which his followers live; his adornments are few, and even the weapon he carries is a relic of the old days.

But plain does not equate to foolish, and he has taken measures against attacks. The ring, gem and bracelet he wears on either hand and wrist are a known as the Stigmata, a micro weapons system capable of firing lasers from the right-hand gem and engaging a shield from the left. They were a custom-order system funded by the many generous donations his devotees have made over the years-- after all, how can he lead them if he's no longer alive?

Yeah, that's all I got for the moment. Here's to my first CHOW entry: Huzzah!

Oblio - 12_ - welcome to CHOW - This was a hard one. i can;t spot the orthodox elements - let me knwo if i am wrong. Also.. the SciFi elements are invisible - i considered it SciFi becouse of the things in your descrition.

Thanks
    more or less my finished piece. If I don't change anything, this is it.
    Damn, I need more practice with characters...

Oblio - _2_ - no descr. no orthodox. let me knwo if i got it wrong.
    --(-)|dE--

portfolio

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast