The Next Iceage (edit Rook: no caps for you!)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I just watched a documentary on how we are heading towards our next iceage. which could most likely be in the next 10 years or so. also i learned that the earths "weather patterns" or its "stages" change dramatically and not "steadily". i think that they are right, if everyone really pays attention. havent you noticed? the winters get harsher every year [ well in Cali anyways ]. plus the hurricanes, more storms, more chaos. more rain. water levels going up. global warming. intense heat. and the list goes on and on and on. if the iceage does happen - due to us not caring for the environment and destroying it every time someone blinks, i find that the iceage or someother type of chaotic stage earth has will come to our faces as fast as the ground does when we fall . Or is this all just something the earth does as it develops? changes weather patterns//cycles. i dont know about you guys but im not looking forwards to temperatures below zero degrees fahrenheight and having to deal with extreme freezing [ if the ice age does occur in my//your lifetime ]. again. this is what i think and what ive heard/learned from other people and short segments from documentaries. feel free to post what you think about earth and what us humans are driving it into.

[ edit ] sorry if this is random. but its something that i was concerned about. also if you do help support the earth//environment *hugs to you!*

Thankyou
    Ash.

Last edited by Red_Rook; July 14th, 2006 at 05:23 PM.
    Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'll beleive it when I freeze to death. Or drown. Or get swept away by a giant tsunami. Or by invasion of radioactive crickets. In the meantime, I'll go enjoy drawing and leave the order of ulcer for later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by egerie
    In the meantime, I'll go enjoy drawing and leave the order of ulcer for later
    Echo...

And pssst, please don't use caps and spaces anymore to make your thread titles get more attention.

...also please put something in your sketchbook too. Don't you have a fine artsy squid-like critter to show us?

Last edited by Steph Laberis; July 14th, 2006 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OH SHIT! The planet warms and cools itself?!!?!?!?!?!

Sketchbook comment and I'll be your best friend.

Devart...meh...

RSAD class of 2011, yay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The planet is hot, thats why.
    In the MOST sexual way possible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no ive already posted in my sketchbook. i would also love to hear what other people would like to say about what is actually happening to our planet and how they could try to help.

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hold on a sec.... I just read all about Global warming... so, if we wait and do nothing, the new ice age will cancel out the global warming and everything will be fine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes. but the ice age will last for millions of years. at least it will be extremely cold instead of extremely hot. your better off freezing to death than getting heat exhaustion - since intense heat is extremely uncomfortable. yuck!

but people will most likely find a way to survive around the ice age. i also heard that there are new species coming into the world when the new ice age comes around. neat! some saber toothed polar bear thing is arriving lol
    thatll be fun....... *saber toothed bear rages madly in an empty town, tilts its head. "aw man. no screaming people. no food... mrrh" *

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failed_predictions

Wikipedia is your friend, "The theory never had strong scientific support. At present, the Earth is not considered to be cooling, but rather to be in a period of global warming mostly attributed to human activity"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the ice age can't happen in ten years because the world is ending in 2012. The Mayans said so!

edit: the Mayans also invented television

"Every little step considered one at a time is not terribly daunting" - Ethan Coen

New books and process DVD available NOW!

www.dvpalumbo.com

Quickie blog (nudity)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Half of the earth tilts away from the sun and it gets cold. Everyone freaks out about it being cold. Why is it so cold?! Oh my god, the world is going to freeze over! Everyone move to Miami!

Six months later that half of the earth tilts towards the sun and it gets hot. Oh my god! Ozone and other pollutants are melting the polar ice caps! The earth will flood! Run for your lives! All is lost!

While I'm all for taking steps towards a cleaner environment, there really is no need to freak out about it. It's not likely to happen in our lifetimes or even our grandchildren's.

I'm wholly annoyed by doomsday conspiracists. Remember y2k? Oh man. Just chill and try to do your part to help out the environment. If something does happen, it's likely far out of our control anyway.

And don't support ethanol, demand a completely non-polluting fuel like electric or hydrogen. Besides, don't support an industry that the government subsidizes. You'd be paying extra taxes just to pay more at the pump. Although we're probably doing the same thing right now, but the idea is that we stop doing it.

That's a different argument, I guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePalumbo
    the ice age can't happen in ten years because the world is ending in 2012. The Mayans said so!

edit: the Mayans also invented television

BINGO!

LYON
    Fine Art and Illustration
    www.howardlyon.com

Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The world is going to end when God says so [ im a strong christian ]. but anyways. maybe after this major heat wave, the world will glaze over like a krispy creme donut. except it will be extremely cold. with people developing so much, it seems to quicken the pace of this whole global warming thing up. plus the air is much more filthy. hmm. sad. the united states used to all be lush forests, plains, valleys, deserts, grasslands, etc before we came around. why couldnt it stay that way? its the perfect continent [ north america ]. maybe planting national forests or "forests" will help with the pollution thing. more nature = good. but do you all think the national forests are going to stay that long? no one can hurt them right? *is a major nature peep*

humans are literally an experiment gone totally wrong

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ... Did you just call my Mum a failed experiment?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mother nature created us so we could produce plastic bags. Now that it has what it wants, its going to kill us.

PS: A paranoid christian? Excuse me while I enter a state of complete and total shock.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The winters here on the East coast have been getting milder... same with Europe I hear. Apparently Cally is stealing our cold weather, personally I blame govenor Schwartzenegger. Now that's just fun to say.

Not that I'm a climatlogist or anything, but I guess according to chaos theory, big changes like ice ages actually will happen more "quickly" than previously thought... "quickly" in a geologic sense, maybe 100 or 1000 years but 10? I doubt that very much. Contrary to all the jokes about having warmer winters, global warming is more likely to change overall weather patterns and increase volatility first... Y'know more hurricanes and such. Maybe its already happening?

Then again we'll probably just get blown to smithereens by the super-volcano under Yellowstone before frozen by an ice age. Or maybe PBS just likes to scare you... y'know for ratings.

Kidding aside though, not much you can do about an ice age... you can however lobby your state and local politicians to be more environmental and active about global warming.

"Change is a virtue my friend... if you want to escape, all you have to do is make up your mind."
    John Cale / Bob Neuwirth

Here be SKETCHIES...

www.ccthrom.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So which is it? Is it getting hotter or cooler? Im hot today, so I hope cooler.

Personally, Im kind of hoping for global warming. The way I see it, if the polar ice caps melt and raise the sealevel, theirs a good chance I could have beachfront property. Cool!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Odayga
    the united states used to all be lush forests, plains, valleys, deserts, grasslands, etc before we came around. why couldnt it stay that way? its the perfect continent [ north america ]
    yep, the ONLY continent with lush forests, plains, valleys, deserts, grasslands, etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Odayga - Antartica used to be tropical long before people came along, why couldn't it stay that way?

the earth is constantly changing, it's just special like that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Movies are not documentals unless they state they are, someday people will be able to tell ficction from reality....someday...

As for " I´m a strong christian" + "Humans are a failed experiment"= No sense at all, you are suppose to believe that god created humans, and he is perfect and makes no mystakes.

"North america the perfect continent" = Yup, all other human being live in unperfect continents, we are so unlucky

Contrary to the general idea, people do plan trees, yes, even big bad evil woodcutters plant more trees than they cut because:

Enviromental laws ask them to do so and there is actually money in trees and is of cource a renuable resource, they just want to keep making money. The only real crime is to cut special and expensive kind of trees that take hundreds of years to grow, but that is illegal, so most goverments actually do give a damn about their enviroment, because is a plus for tourism...and there is money in tourism as well.

Life will adapt, so unless you are scared of change it doesn´t really matter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Odayga
    The world is going to end when God says so [ im a strong christian ].
    Sooo....if God's going for an Ice Age, why are you complaining? Shouldn't you accept it and get ready to meet the big guy, or something?

Posts like this are what God created blogs for.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mirana, if she blogged it nobody would ever see it! If nobody ever saw it then she wouldn't get any attention! And if Odayga didn't get any attention, she might stop posting threads in the lounge so much and post more in her sketchbook.

What do you know.. the world does make sense.
    *sigh*

Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    blah. crud. i forgot to quote the "failed experiement" it was something a friend of mine chris said. i totally dont agree with that because im a christian. but yes i am looking forward to meeting the big guy. death = pain but pain is a state of mind, so is fear. which i dont have, i might be concerned but not afraid. ive been extremely close to dead before - extreme blood loss and a blood count of 4 out of 16. so im not afraid of that. but yeah i think i shouldnt of done this thread. i think its a good thing to debate over since the earth is a little chaotic right now. *sighs* im out of here *goes to sketch n' paint*

oh and my friends cousin just died in the war in iraq.......the world just gets better doesnt it.... what i meant by perfect on north american continent is that it pretty much almost has every landform. Forest, desert, tundra, Wetlands, humid areas, oceans, and whatnot. not perfect as in society. *sighs* i need to be more precise.

*crawls back into studio to paint and draw in the heat.........*

pssst........someone lock this thread!

Last edited by Odayga; July 14th, 2006 at 05:24 PM.

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Odayga, I really want to be patient with you and help you in your sketchbook. It gets harder to do that when you keep shooting yourself in the foot like this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im sorry steph. im NOT "dramatic". im just concerned about this current event. thats one thing that alot of people dont like about me - i like to debate over things. are there any other debators out there?! raise your hands!

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    er... this is just silly now. The UV rays from the leaking ozone layer and the heat from global warming seems to be affecting peoples brains. Please Odayga, calm down the obnoxious caps in your thread titles they are not needed, ever by anyone. A normal title will do. Please make sure you are well informed before you make a post and please dont just make arbitrary posts. Think about what your saying and see if you make sense before you post, especially if you want to debate things thats fine and great nothing has anything against that. Just please make it relevant to something and inform people. Im not trying to be mean or anything, just some advice. Kthnxbye this is locked.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Members who have read this thread: 2