Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

{► d's dimension: the zombie is DEAD! (crap update - don't bother. srsly.) ◄}

Been meaning to start a new sketchbook nya for some time, old one was getting too crowded. Besides that I can't seem to get into my old one, just won't go.

These are just some head studies I'm doing, got all the older ones in a collage as to not bore you with details. Hope you like, c&c always welcome.

will update with some more later!
    ciao!

- d.
    Last edited by demented; November 4th, 2006 at 08:34 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    These are looking very nice man. I especially like the old men (how you can still see a part of the linework) and the old lady in the lower left of the collage. The first one in the collage seems mighty impressive too, would love to see a bigger version of that one. Nice work.
    Have you tried a gray background and working with highlights and shadows? Cause now I see black backgrounds where light was added and white backgrounds where shadow was added (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). Might be cool to try something in between. Just a suggestion.

Thanks

~outdated~~~

Hey peeps

thenass: Muchthanx bud, appreciate the comments. The yellow ones effectively speaking grey (starting off with a midtone), but I find that often a grey background seems to make the drawing a bit dull, it's very difficult to get something truly lively and striking going for me. But thanx for the suggestion, I'll give it a try. Muchthanx for stopping by mate.

Just some old - very old - drawings. will update with more recent ones once I can find them...

from figurestudy class, life drawings:

please excuse the quality of these, my camera not so hot and I don't have a scanner....
    c&c is of course always welcome.
    ciao peeps

Thanks

~indated~

Hey peeps

Just finished this one, from reference like all those in post #1. Shout and I'll post a link to the reference.

c&c welcome.
    need coffee.
    ciao

- d.

Thanks

~rush hour~

Hey peeps

nother head. need to do these a bit faster which is why this one is soo rushed . Please excuse, will do a more decent one later....

c&c always welcome!

ciao

- d.

Thanks

~man this must suck balls~

Hey peeps

One more head, a return to pencil reminded me how much attention this department still required, and how much I've slacked... will have to give it more attention.

c&c would be appreciated
    ciao

- d.

Thanks
    Rushed uh? If it makes you feel better you could call it a tonal study, then its awsome! heh. With the newest one, seems his right eyelid is at a strange angle compared to his eye. Only crit I can come up with, at least. And I love your shading btw, I knew there was a reason I've been drawing all those straight lines.
    Sketchbook

Quote Originally Posted by Julianna
    Wow, I might as well have said "I am working on a book urging the beating to death of baby whales using the dead bodies of baby seals."

Thanks
    Sup Derram

Thanx for stopping by mate. Muchothanx for the comments. His left eye really bugs me, and whilst the original's eye feels better, it still feels a tad off....

Thanx man - will return the favour to all those guilty of posting here ;
    ciao

- d.

Thanks
    Just some doodles

trying to get my pencil skills going agiain.... c&c would be appreciated.
    ciao

- d.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    Doodlwey woodlewey,
    First of all I have some requests here.Can you please not give link to imageshack in your pics,cuz I always end clicking them and going to imageshack,instead can you link the pics to their bigger resolution scans?
    If you could do that .it'd be great.Doodling,it looks easy and loose but for a learner these traits are hard to get .I see that you are holding yourself back from experimenting almost like you are afraid of failing.I believe that success only tastes sweet after you have tasted the bitter failure.So dont hold yourself back.Try not to be tense when sketching.I myself am trying to follow the words i just said.
    Take care and keep posting.

Thanks
    aye, well put bhanu.

D, those look great! Your sketchbook is already at a good start
    keep going!

Thanks
    Good stuffs, rated!

Very firm grasp of the forms of the faces. I'm also very impressed by the folds of the clothes.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks

~Buchothanx a munch~

Yo peeps

bhanu: Buchothanx a munch man, that's the kind of advice I need bro. Muchthanx for reminding me. Half of your request has been met, bro. Unfortunately I'm keeping the images as small as possible (especially the unimportant ones) as I'm paying for every mb I upload and download. This will change once I change service provider. Please bear with me until....
    muchothanx for stopping by bro!

Thestjester: Muchothanx for stopping by dude, really appreciate the comments.

JERI: Muchothanx bud, these masterstudies really have a way of wipping one into a bit more shape. Glad you like, more right here bud. Muchothnx a bunch for stopping by.

Will make round to all your threads soon...

Here my head #27, methinks, copied from this one nya.

c&c always welcome peeps. It's like coffee.
    ciao

- d.

Thanks
    ya ya def, im feeling this one too. Great job on emotion, she really has a solid sense of FEAR going on. I love you style bro, stars for you

Thanks

~I'm psychic how else do I know you're sitting in front of a screen right now?~

Yo

Muchothanx Thestjester, truly appreciate the compliments and stars. so far this one has been the most challenging one to get right - glad you liked the result.

Was browsing through my Wesley Burt folder, and as always I end up drawing afterward. bhanu, tried my best to follow through with that advice of yours, think this one is an improvement but still too tense....

c&c is always welcome
    ciao

- d.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast